There no defense against report system abuse

I’m just trying to explain Badas point of view, but I certainly see why he gave up. All that and still missing the point, still doesn’t see the big picture.

Sure I can see how someone can consider him toxic. I don’t find it reportable though.

wohoo!.. i win… :slight_smile: now time to make dinner :stuck_out_tongue:
laters frank, glad you understood, and had a laugh :slight_smile:

Someone should lock this kindergarden spam…

Because that’s Blizzard’s way of dealing with their own failure. Just silence anyone daring to speak up.
Anyway it’s getting tiring after some time. I really hope Blizzard looks into this before they delete this thread and just forget about an other victim of their broken coc and report system.

I don’t feel like I have anything else to say.

You call people useless lol thats not someone wanting to seapk thats someone wanting to get in a conflict.

I didn’t call anyone “useless” just to be fair. I have said

This means they need to switch. Do you remember this particular sentence?
“Abusive chat is not: asking a player to switch to a different character or giving suggestions to team members to improve their play”

https://imgur.com/a/iPbi6k6 Cough cough.

Like i said you didn’t get banned because you ask people to switch you got banned cause you ask in a way that can be lead to conflicts.

I’ll still report anyone who downgrades anyone on my team. No one made you a judge and your not the SR system. You can’t insult people and get away with it… just like in real life.

Don’t say anything you don’t want being used against you… Im sure that you wount like it when someone calls you anything negative let alone when you are playing furder more it means nothing that you tell him to switch… A ton of people will tell you that most of the time when someone tells you to switch hes wrong, you have no knowage of the heroes that guy can play nor have you asked him what he preferse.

You can report him if you think his trolling just like they can report you when they think that you are beeing toxic. What happens next is blizzard’s decision and seen that you’ve server a punishments before its clear that you aren’t learning from them.

If by a miracle they unban you will you act the exact same way you did to get banned ?

1 Like

But “our DPS is terrible” is not asking someone to switch - it’s a general negative statement. Are you asking them to try harder? Or maybe to switch to a different DPS? Or maybe to switch to tank/healer so they can go DPS? Or is it just a pointless negative statement which at best will just distract your team mates or worst get them to throw.

While I don’t think it’s reportable, it’s not really helping. Even though your intent wasn’t to tilt your teammates, it often does and then you’re partially to blame for the loss. Not because said player was insulted, but perhaps starts doubting himself and over-thinks the simplest decisions causing poor performance.

1 Like

Communication
When participating in communication of any kind (chat, voice communication, group finder), you are responsible for how you express yourself. You may not use language that could be offensive or vulgar to others.

Hate speech and discriminatory language is inappropriate, as is any obscene or disruptive language. Threatening or harassing another player is always unacceptable, regardless of language used. Violating any of these expectations will result in account restrictions. More serious and repeated violations will result in greater restrictions.

Behaviour
Behaviour that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect, and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behaviour is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

While we encourage you to report players that are behaving in a disrespectful manner, falsely reporting another player with the sole intent of restricting their gameplay is also unacceptable, and will result in penalties to your account.

Everything highlighted is directed at you.

You are ok with that, but clearly they are people that aren’t.

I just wouldn’t use the chat at all guess I’ll just swallow up having to lose so many matches because people can’t handle being told that they are performing poorly.

If someone says “our dps is terrible” it means he wants the dpses to start killing things or switch to something else. Do something other than feeding. Simple.

Is it my fault that lots of the players takes the smallest amount of criticism as insulting? Because yes, when someone, let it be yourself or someone else is doing bad on your team, you need to tell them. That’s how you identify a problem and try to solve it. Saying the dps is terrible means we need to start killing things … you know.

that COULD be offensive to others. Well, saying hi in all chat or gg at the end of the match could be just as offensive as pointing out mistakes. God knows what snowflakes like you find “offensive”. It could be literally anything.

This is the Coc if you dont follow it then you cant play blizzard games.
If you’re unsure if your actions violate this code of conduct, reconsider them. We reserve the right to restrict offending accounts as much as necessary to keep Blizzard games a fun experience for all players.

Well we established that “could” is the problem, I don’t think “terrible” is disrespectful, especially if it’s true. It’s tilting yes, but not insulting. It’s not insulting because Carrya’s intent wasn’t to insult the player but encourage a switch, while expressing frustration. I don’t agree that’s the right approach, but I don’t find it reportable either.

As shown above, I’m a minority in this case therefore my opinion is irrelevant. Case point that the community decides the limits, if “hi” is considered toxic, that will be reportable.

1 Like

If it was meant to be insulting or toxic, I would have said “trash” instead.

That’s it. This guy knows what I am talking about.

So now we have to give the middle finger to everyone who thinks that its not ok?
Well the rules are this how you use them is your own deal. This CoC is used for all blizzard products and games.
I’ll say that a lot more players have reported this guy then they are here discusing the ban.
Blizzard don’t ignor any player base that follows this rules.
Will be funny to see what the people who he flamed have to say about this, the same people that reported him.
But im sure their opinions don’t really matter…

Then make a team with people like him and play with them. Dont play with random people and insolt them whenever you feel its right.
By your logic you can freely flame on every game your team didn’t carry you on.

1 Like

Please don’t misunderstand me, I’m not saying it’s your fault. My point is, that’s how it is unfortunately in general at the moment. As I stated above, player doesn’t have to be insulted but might start over-thinking things he/she shouldn’t to try and improve but causing a negative effect.

2 Likes

That got me thinking:

“Xxx is terrible” is a form of criticism, specifically destructive criticism. If such a phrase is reportable, are any form of destructive criticism reportable?

If that is the case, is constructive criticism reportable as well? Is criticism even needed during a competitive match?

2 Likes

Dude you are going to play a game of overwatch…
What happens when everyone wants to give some a little criticism to everyone ?
And even worse if they do it by text chat…
A game of overwatch is 10 min… Lets not waste 5 of them talking about whos right and whos wrong.

at ƇǺȐŖŶǍ77
You can discuse anything you want with your team if you know how to do it.
Not sure if you watched the vide but this is how you do “shot calling”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ_Uy2VwH2s
Like just do this and you will see that people will be more likly to play what you want them to play.
Calling someone terrible in front of 4 other people don’t make them be your B…