There no defense against report system abuse

Wow that’s a neat idea but sounds impossible and well who would throw $60 out of the window because some random dude got banned.

Edit: actually that’s me buying an other copy

The game only costs £20 now btw

Really? It says 60 bucks on playoverwatch.com

here ya go https:/ /www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/overwatch-standard-pc-cd-key
i put a space near the start because i cant use links
£27 for legendary edition

1 Like

$25.79 for me that’s a steal lol

Ye i even got BFA for wow from this site for £28 haha

Still better than $60 though. Back to topic I might have said words that could have been offensive but I still believe there is nothing wrong with pointing out when one makes a mistake. I’m always getting called out and I don’t mind it because that what makes me a better player. Let it be someone screaming fuuu bad nano or someone asking politely to switch.

But yeah we have pretty much gone around the topic there’s nothing really more that can be said. Looking forward to a blue post.

Yes the competitive players dont mind it but like i said the game is built for casuals and we wont see a change unfortunatly.

But players dont want to improve on this game anymore people was trying to do that like 2 years ago blizzard just want to focus on the casual playerbase and the owl atm the ladder is not even worth raging over.

There is plat players in masters and there is master tank players in plat because they dont play enough etc i am actually decaying from 3950 all because i just cant stand how casual it is yes i could rage but its not worth it nothing will fix it i will just get ban for this.

1 Like

Something has changed in the past few minutes and the attitude here has really shifted towards a more pleasant direction. I like that keep it going lads.

Well ill explane it again. And this it my opinion it’s not a full fledged fact.
Some of the words you used are offensive and they are in the “blizzards list of offences” or something like that. Telling someone that his Terrible its extreamly bad. For what you know that dude might get called that non stop irl so he will be a lot more sensitive to it then you on the other side his can be desensitised to other words that are more extreme but that doesn’t really mater since when someone is extrmly immune from insolts he can go on palying the game without insolting. When someone isn’t and gets flammed from time to time and he doesnt take well to it, he’s gonna stop the game eventually cause of that.
Thats the main thing in the " We expect our players to treat each other with respect" and clearly you didnt respect someone when you used that frase.

The argument that people like him should not play video games is invalid since this game is opened to everyone no exceptions even people who are banned from it. (some rules say that you cant use the forum ever again once you are perma ban for it but i dont know much about that so ill stray from it) but from what i can tell its ok to buy the game and play it again even if you are banned.

You are more then free you use any teamplay and communication with your team for the goul. But that doesnt mean that the moment you have an idea and you think that its a good one,that the other player will see it that way as well, furthermore the way you will express yourself when you engage in that conversation is kay. If you want something you are the one whos asking for it so you have to know the position you are in. The way you word it is more like you demand/order him to do it when it needs to be you asking for it. Furthermore even if the other player doesnt agree to it you can at lest try and respect that decision even if its a 100% proven fact that his the reasons the team lost.

If you think that someone is trolling or trowling (and this happens a lot i know) the moment you express yourself to that individual you will get reported once (false reported) by him thats just how salty players are. But non the less its a 1 report on your account that has you insolting someone on a game you did prob 2 week agol.So don’t communicate with players like that especially in a negativ way since its a ticking time bomb for reports. Maybe give him some fake compliments or encouragement but the best thing you can do in that spot is report him if you are 100% sure that his inconveniencing you or your teammates.

Having trolls, trowers and “bag players” on any team will feed bad but their is nothing you can do about it. Thats just how team games are. Its not a problem of the report system since you see how easy it is you be support toxic and still have it be removed from the forums or have any actions taken for it.

The moment someone calls you out on something you are free to take any action you feel is right, and you are free to reac to it in any way you like. As you can see it doesn’t feel good to be called out so doing it to other player feels exacly the same.

You have full right to report for anything that inconvincess you or can affect you preformance. For me getting in arguments when we are in a game that we are losing is the absolute worse thing that we can be doing in that spot. Since as you see here they can do on and on and on but a match of overwatch is like 5-20 min.
So wasting time on stuff like that is extreamly bad. On top of setting teammates on tilt will affect there performance and that’s proven by league of legends. You lose a lot more games when you upsetting other teammates or putting pressure on them.

Just be the best you can be, thats the main thing you need to be doing in a game or a team if you guys have time to spear for critics you can use it but thats about it. Don’t think or focus on thinking for other players. That’s the reason every account is private atm. To give people more freedom on what they want to play.
And its the reason people can lock 4 dps in LGF. Like i said a game of overwatch can be a lot more worse than having one teammate that’s not performing to the level you want him to.

Helping your team relax and feel respected actually rly nice for you( im not sure if it helps you win more games but its good for your tilt and moral levels ). Everyone loves chill games that go right, but staying frosty/chill/sharp in games that go wrong is key and can lead to victory. Since its not hard to do a 180 on the game when you need one ace’d most of the time.

Starting arguments that can’t be solidified as a fact isn’t helping you or your teammates since they are up for debate.

This is my opinion, i’ve played competitive games since dota was a new map on War lll and battle.net was a thing, I use to be really toxic and i had my two main accounts on league of legends pernamently banned as well so i know the feeling all to well. And i used to think in this exact same way and i use to be and sometimes i am a widow/ana only palyer, since that my desion, if i lost the game cause i played Ana/widow into a dive team and my team touth that i was disruptive than they are free to report me since i made that selfish decision and i disregarded everyone on that team but the moment they start insolting me its even less likly for me to tell my self “hey this people who flame me are right” and if they flammed me then i will report for chat abise if i was flammed. But then after years of repeating the same logic without a difrent resolt i just gived up on any form that might make me look toxic or unwanted in a team from time to time i will have sailfish games but so does every player in this game.

You can’t say that you tryhard in 100% of the games you palyed just like you can’t expect the other guy to do that, and the chance of failing at something or misplaying is up there. And when that happens its never good to get flammed. But at this spot its something i expect when im at a game that’s close to being a lose or has us feeling in a disadvantage. Since for someone to lose he doesn’t always need to be bad it can just be the other player being better or making better plays.

Changing heroes does help since Overwatch is so rock/paper/scissors but not in every case as i’ve personally seen on widow or mccrees. They are heroes that can lose the game even if they are in a good matchup since they are just full hitscan. You miss you fail, you hit you win. And its not expected that people will hit 100% of the time.

Imho just filter your words a little when you are criticizing someone and you are set, if you make it not look like you are not criticizing him then you are doing extremely well at it. Even so if he doesnt follow a commant you just have to respect that to a point.

TL:DR
Making statements that can lead to debates or arguments is bad for a team.
You can do it if you know how to get away with it.

1 Like

Gona add that taking the fact that you are a support main.
You are one of the most looked for things in any teams.
I can really recommend that you find one they are a lot of ways to do so.
LGF is a good way to cycle teams and players and you can give a fr reqest to anyone from this teams that you will like to play with again with.
Even on the forums you have.
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/c/lfg-pc
A section that is used for that.
Getting a team is just the next step in tryharding. Solo queue has to much RNG.
Don’t even need a full team but the more players the better the odds.

Tbh I can’t really sympathize with you. You’re not textbook definition “toxic” but you definitely feed into the negativity around. Play on the rule “If it’s not nice don’t say it” and you really have no reason to be banned. I don’t think I’ve ever even received a report for toxicity because it’s not that hard to stay calm and remove yourself because a situation is getting heated.

Every hero can be good and useful when played right. However it’s not my fault when that one widow gets killed for the tenth time because of that Winston constantly diving her and then reports me after telling her that she needs to switch.

And for all that I have lost, I have been threatened with death, been told to kill myself, wished cancer upon me. Those offenders are still running around freely and I have ended up being perma banned because I dared to think, because I dared to tell my team if something was wrong. Because I was always trying to win even if it means I have to get someone to switch. That’s the shame of this broken report system. It’s unacceptable and shocking.

1 Like

buffoon doesn’t understand when someone has given up on discussing things because buffoon is an idiot… and that someone has taken to just belittling everything buffoon says because they are a buffoon

Of course I am. That’s part of the competitive environment. And it’s fine as long as I’m not threatening anyone with death, or wishing someone cancer upon or something ridiculous which I have never been doing.

But then why

After you reach x number of reports you get banned that’s it. No human action needed. This doesn’t mean they don’t ever check bans like the one you have mentioned above.

Anyway as a software developer graduate I can assure you that they could easily find my other account just by looking at the pictures I posted and checking what account are the messages belongs to. Furthermore, they could check the IP address I am using to play the game and post on the forums. They can check my browser’s user agent and verify if any account has been ever accessed (for eg. when changing passwords) with the same specific build of the web browser.
You see they can do many things to identify me.

But here on the forums you can only do so much against me other than claiming that I’m just simply lying. If I were to reveal my name here, you can surely find my btag online (on such sites like overbuff) and make complaints on it.

As it’s only a numbers game it’s still better to have an account with less reports on it. Luckily I have never said anything like “bad dps”, I didn’t really use the chat on the other account and I can only hope that they don’t ban only for saying someone was playing good.

Addiction? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That’s part of the competitive environment as long as I’m not threatening anyone with death or wishing cancer upon someone or something ridiculous which I have been never doing.

If they wanted to get that other account banned they would have already banned it. But they want you to buy new copies. Of course they can surely find my other account just by looking at the IP address I am using to play and to post on the forums. As a software engineer graduate I can assure you that there are plenty of other ways of identifying me. Different kinds of hardware IDs, guiids, browser agents, etc.
But if I reveal my name to you, you can surely find my btag online (on such sites like overb***) and then load up my profile on OW’s site and make fake complaints on it.

As it’s only a numbers game it’s still better to have a “clean” account :slight_smile:

If you really want something to happen from this topic go to the US forums or reddit since as you’ve seen by now EU is just getting ignored and is death for obvious reasons.

Im not taking sides on who’s wrong and right anymore just telling you that posting here is pointless. Like the moment someone says the A word on US they are perma banned and its deleted within 5 min, but on EU it will get punished 30 days later since no one checks this forums out for sure.

I think you need to look at how you are communicating with people in game.

Saying “Switch off Widowmaker” isn’t constructive criticism its just ordering someone to do something. Funny thing is allot of people don’t like being ordered about by random people on the internet. Were you to say it in a less confrontational way like “Any chance of us getting a X to counter this Winston…Widow would you be able to switch?”
Asking a question rather then issuing orders will always be allot more likely to achieve better results.

Out of interest were you not suspended multiple times before you got perma banned?

2 Likes

I just got silenced for 6 days because I…

Put memes in chat?
Teabagged?

There is literally NO defense against the report system!!!
I know for a fact that enemy players will report you on the spot for abusive chat if you even put a MEME in the chat. If the enemy team is reporting you, it shouldn’t prevent you from talking to your own team!!! (if you’re silenced, you cant hear or talk to your team!!!)