[Main Thread] Temporary Request Error - Jan 2024

For me its certain maps while others work.

A temporary solution is to open the map from a replay and use the take over function.

Same issue here, Europa. Had switched myself to America for now.

Blizzard hasn’t solved the problem for almost a week and hasn’t given an official communication, congratulations

Game is still not working…

1 Like

How has this error been around for a week without getting fixed? Creating custom game on NA works, but not on EU…

is EU servers really this low priority?

2 Likes

Same here, getting really annoyed with it.

Hi. I don’t think it is a random issue. For most people it seems that going to any melee map other than the newest Blizzard released 2 player maps does not work on EU server unless you play an offline (with no mod) version of the map. There are very few lobbies being created and this is clearly a large outage for the EU server. Reproducing the error from a dev or qa tester’s machine should surely be step 1 and then trying to fix it. Communication to the users should also be key. I see lots of questions in chat when trying to create a melee game with people unaware that much is no longer working. From what I gather the issue extends beyond just creating melee games as well.

Yeah can confirm indeed for me (since I am not really interested in melee maps), it is certainly a good deal of custom maps that are affected, the biggest bummer for me being “Zombie Arrival Arena”, though it is at the same time NOT all maps that are affected, “Zombie World Unity” for instance I can join/create games in

Same here. I get the temporary error like everybody else. Weird is that sometimes some 2 players map in melee works (vs AI) . Immediately after finishing the game if I try to create again a lobby, it gives the error with the same map just used. So the error is “random” in that sense, but 99% of the times I tried, no map allows to create a lobby, so when it works is less than 1% of the times (I try to continuously create lobbies on many different maps, until it works). The problem is present here in EU since at least 2, if not 3, weeks.
Blizzard expected reaction:

1. Think about re-introducing LAN game
  2. Think about giving discount on the all SC2 packages: in Xmas every game was discounted EXCEPT SC2
  3. Get a proper support if you wish to still sell the BEST game in history, who is alive since decades

For Aiur !

UPDATE#1 : After 78 hrs from my initial post, it seems to work now!! Problem seems solved since this morning. Thank you guys @ Blizzard! And despite the time taken to fix a screw up, good support guys!

1 Like

Problem Description:

Frequency: The problem occurs upon attempting to create any lobby. It predominantly appears when trying to establish a lobby with custom settings, regardless of whether a community-made mod or addon is used.
Error Message: Each attempt results in the error “There was a temporary problem with your request. Please try again”.
Duration: This issue has been ongoing for over a week, as reported by the wider community.

Steps Taken:

I have attempted to create lobbies under various settings, both with and without community mods/addons.

Request for Resolution:
I kindly request your collaboration to resolve this issue promptly, ensuring continued and smooth access to your service for gameplay. Our community values your service highly, and a swift resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Suggested Alternatives:
If a timely fix is not feasible, I propose the following alternatives:

Transition the game to a fully peer-to-peer (P2P) model, eliminating the need for centralized servers.
Provide the community with access to all maps, enabling them to download and load them offline.
We understand the complexities involved in managing gaming services and appreciate any efforts you make to address this issue. Your prompt attention to this matter will not only help in maintaining a positive user experience but also strengthen our community’s trust in your service.
(Thanks to CHATGPT for writing this for me, Since I already contacted Blizz; Writing it and going over it manually; alas, no fix. :frowning:

2 Likes

Gettin worse, can’t join a single custom lobby in EU. “Temporary request error” and
“You have to upgrade Starcraft II to access content”.

Blizzard - Roll back the patch you made and lab on testservers please. NOT liveservers.

1 Like

Yesterday I was able to play some custom games in the morning, the days before I also received the temporary request error.
Today the error is different and I get the following message:
“In order to access this content, you must upgrade your copy of Starcraft 2”
Playing on EU region
Bought the game many years ago, repairing did not work.

I don’t think the problems started after an update patch…

Thanks for the Idea to try a different Server, on US Servers I can start without problems, the ping is in custom campaigns luckily not a big problem.

It DID start with the patch 5.0.12.

5.0.12 is already ago from 28/09/2023

or the game is suddenly fixed or i found something :smiley:
just been able to create and play a custom game

• exit starcraft 2
  • go to your starcraft 2 folder in program files
  • delete the file “.build.info”
  • start game (game will notice something is missing and perform a repair that takes 2 seconds)

Fixed :smiley:

1 Like

NOT FIXED

I just happened to be lucky to play 1 single game

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Anybody hooooooooooooooooooome?