[Main Thread] Temporary Request Error - Jan 2024

I abandoned the game many years ago because all the issues with performance and servers and today I felt like playing a bit, installed the game and I find this…

Jezz… some things never change…

It might have something to do with the bank data.
It always fails at streaming data. So i tested it by emptying the bank folder and now i can create the lobby and reversing it(restoring the old bank files) makes it fail again.
Edit: this method only worked one time. cant recreate it.

Is SC2 really at the point where glaring issues like an entire region being unable to create most custom lobbies isn’t even being handled by QA at Blizzard themselves?

Why do the customers need to keep testing if you’ve actually managed to fix a bug. That’s some of the lowest-effort QA I’ve ever seen.

Hey all,

Sorry for the silence on this. I was hoping for another update but so far all I’m seeing is they’re aware the initial fix didn’t work and they’re still investigating what’s causing this to happen randomly. I’m keeping an eye on this and will share what I hear when it’s shared with us. I appreciate the patience everyone.

2 Likes

Come on, Blizzard. If you don’t intend to provide adequate support for your servers, please add the option to play via LAN, so we can play regardless of the state of your servers.

1 Like

First I would like to say, Blizzard your support system is useless and restricts people from seeking adequate help from a human and not a robot. Shame on you and open the ticket system without limiting us!

Now on the issue. I’m having a problem creating mod games or arcade games in general. Whenever I try to create a custom melee game with mods from the community or even the original blizzard mods I get this error.

This problem appeared about a week ago, I didn’t have it before.

I searched the internet and saw that I’m not the only one with this problem, many people are complaining, I even found a post on the blizzard forum and followed all the instructions in it, but still I have this problem. There was a temporary issue with your request

I also uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but that didn’t fix the problem either.
I’m playing on the European server, after reading that might be the problem there, I switched to a US server and had no problem creating games and everything was working as it should be, but I have pretty high latency 100+ so that’s not a solution to the problem, either.

8 Likes

This has been going on for a week now only on the EU server.

BLIZZARD pls resolve this matter.

2 Likes

The same here, from Europe / Czech Republic I can connect only to Asia servers (Not EU or USA), Korea server from here with around 300 ms, for nothing, game response too slow for playing :frowning: Please resolve this issue, thanks. 01-14-2024 16:27 CET

I get this big yellow ERROR sign when I am trying to create a melee game. Have tried to restart the game and reinstalled it, nothing works.

12 Likes

Same here. It’s been like this for two days and my temporary solution has been to play offline.

1 Like

Yep same here. Done a full game file scan and no repair needed. Tried turning off VPN, restarting router etc… nothing works. Please can we have a response / fix to this?

1 Like

Same here. I can create a game on the America server but not on the EU. Please help!

Same here can’t create of join a game

same issue here, attempted to change dns, ip, repair game, etc… Nothing helps.

I have the same problem…

Same for a few days. Can’t create or join a game

After 3 Days Starcraft 2 Melle maps and mods ar Death. TX Blizzard for
readiness

1 Like

The game is still not working

Since latest patch 5.0.12 I can’t join custom lobbys. Says I have to upgrade Starcraft2.

2 Likes

same here. some maps for a few weeks already.

• Gem tower defense is in error for over a week
  • Mineralz survivor in error since this evening. It worked earlier in the day