[Main Thread] Temporary Request Error - Jan 2024

They aren’t :slight_smile: I have never seen such a lack of professionalism and unwillingness to solve such a three -life problem. Unfortunately, Blizzard has been disgraced for a long time …

Blizzard is busy with the case. A little patience won’t hurt anyone, maybe only some egos apparently

2 Likes

I am in North EU. Main EU server

Been playing customs on US server on/off for about 2 years now, about 2k games, its 130-400ms ping depending on which game server you get.
(like 3 servers in US, then brazil, singapore and australia which are all shit pings from EU 250-400ms, singapore being the most unstable of these)

It does not always accurately locate your location for the right server. And I should get east coast servers with 130ms ping. But very often get Australia or Singapore, even Brazil, seems like it looks at other players location. Even if they leave lobby.

Anyway, when i get 130-150ms ping from an actual US server, it’s playable in most custom games.

Wonder if they slam custom lobbies together like on WC3. Probably requires a big code rework, and not worth it for micro intense games.

Ps. I’ve been able to transfer bank files to US also, but can be complicated.
So this means, I will avoid any game server above 150ms ping, if the custom game is micro heavy.

TL;DR switch to US region, click menu>globe>Americas, for fast region switch.

PickleRick: How long? One week is not enough for them? And for the problem, that THEY created in the first place? Yay, pal, you have very nasty sense of humor …
Tind: I don’t want to play on US server, so what to do? To wait until I get old maybe :joy:

1 Like

This worked for me, thanks.

At least I have a sense of humor… and patience.
I don’t expect Blizzard to respond to every single post in this forum and thread, as they are all about the same issue. 5 days ago AND YESTERDAY Blizzard did respond in this thread they are still investigating. I’ve been playing sc over 20 years, so it really doesn’t bother me when a fix takes them a little longer.

Your replies in this thread are childish and pathetic as if sc is the only thing going on in your life. My advice: stop whining and get a life.

1 Like

And for the problem, that THEY created in the first place

Yeah right, blizzard why the damn have you created this game in the first place? If you haven’t there wouldn’t be a problem now! Shame on you

One week is not enough for them?

One week is only 40 hours of work; the support team has already told us that the initial fix didn’t work, and now they are investigating why, so they are iterating over several solutions, which can take time. Also, after every fix the program needs to pass all the testing, be compiled and published, and they have to make sure to not add other bugs so people do not start complaining about “stupid programmers be making mistakes”

And by the way, yeah, they are no longer gaining profit from this game, so the fact that the servers are working AND they are trying to fix the issues at all is a thing we should be thankful for

1 Like

Hey dude. Remember the times of Warcraft 3 (good one)? Where you could play all the game modes, even if online part wasn’t working? Well guess what, now you can’t, because their servers are having issues. Can’t play your fav customs solo, can’t use lan. THIS VERY SPECIFIC ISSUE was literally MADE by Blizzard, and it shouldn’t have been. They did better in the past.

2 Likes

As for me, some custom meele maps give errors but few of them work like Hecate LE and Green Acres. EU server.

1 Like

This $hit happed again!
BLZ wtf? fix this dead game
https://i.imgur.com/uM2myD5.png
https://i.imgur.com/spgTN0X.png

1 Like

It’s repeating. Very common complaint for arcade games, you CANNOT initiate any game.

Dozens have reported this from my check of general and arcade chat alone. It’s clearly an error on blizz’s side. Ladder and Co-Op seems to work fine.

It has been going for Days , please fix this blizz. We can’t play any costum games.

1 Like

this error happened to me too in 10.01.2024.
How to fix it?
Blizzard do smth about it

1 Like

Same issue on my side.
Cannot join or create a game in “personnalised” mode

Joining - Error : Asking to update the game
Creating - Error : Temporary error.

1 Like

for me and most people i know have same problem and they are on eu server then they go to na everything is okay

Same here, this has been happening for 2 days now. Can’t even update my arcade maps, getting the same error.

NA server works fine for some reason.

Fix that worked for me and others:
→ option 1: go to this path: “C:\ProgramData\Blizzard Entertainment\Battle.net\Cache” and delete everything.
→ option 2: exit SC2. Switch region to US, start SC2 and exit SC2. Switch region back to EU.
→ option 3: create a group with someone that can play, join lobby.

i already posted on the other forum:
https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/sc2/t/there-was-a-temporary-issue-with-your-request/521/52#post_53

same here, can’t create any custom map D:

Every time tried to create or join an arcade game, there will be an error message ‘temporary problem with your request’. It has been nearly a week now and the problem is still there!!!

4 Likes

I am also having the same issue when trying to make a custom melee arena.
Some feedback would be appreciated.

been having same issues for over 2 weeks now