Sc2 wont launch right away,long loading bar

This is really bad. It looks like don’t give a damn about customers. Hope they go under, they don’t deserve our money

2 Likes

actually this just started to happen to me too after i just updated nvidia driver update 465.89. just loads for about 5 mins with a white box.

1 Like

I started having the same loading issue about 3 days ago that caused SC2 to take a few minutes to start. For some reason I also had some mouse-issues.

I just reinstalled the game and that completely fixed everything for me. (MacOS Catalina 10.15.7).

I have the same issue, this is completely inaceptable ! How can Blizzard let a bug that impactful blocks the entire game from launching !!!

I’m mad at Blizzard, they must fix it soon or I should ask them to reimburse my game.

@Blizzard

So you gonna just wait or start to actually solve this?

This issue exists since 2 years. Please.

2 Likes

Actually I just found a solution that worked for me:

1. Navigate to your SC2 Directory (in Battle.net Client → Show in Explorer)
  2. Under the base directory navigate to: <sc2 directory>\SC2Data\config\
  3. Open directory “3b” (create if it doesn’t exist)
  4. Open directory “93” (create if it doesn’t exist)
  5. Make sure you are in <sc2 directory>\SC2Data\config\3b\93\
  6. Create or replace the file with the name “3b938eed7536396b1d7a000ca9b2cd39” (you might want to backup your version of the file in case this didn’t work).
    Make sure the file is being created without an extension (if you don’t know how to do that, just google “how to create file without extension in windows” and open the first result)
    The file must have the following content (replace <empty line> with an actual empty line):

key-2c37ee593d8e0c07 = cb017b81e2071b3984f8d380c7770777
key-145df70b651ef9d7 = 4258eefa148c94c5cd0ad0f65f4b05f0
<empty line>

!!! Important is that you leave one empty line at the end of these two lines. !!!

1. Save the file and go back to the Battle.net client
  2. Launch SC2.
  3. Go Cannonrush or Mass Voidray and enjoy.
7 Likes

I was sceptic but this actually seemed to work! How did you ever figure out how to do this? Thanks!

I compared the SC2Data files with a fresh installation where I didn’t have this issue.

Took me a while, but was worth it :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes

Thaks for this. One question though. What file extention should the file have?

1 Like

It shouldn’t have a file extension. Open notepad, copy the contents in. When you choose save, make it like this:
“3b938eed7536396b1d7a000ca9b2cd39”
Including the quotation marks. Once you save it, the file type will just say File

Thank you. Unfortunately it doesnt work for me :confused:

Just make sure you aren’t adding anything else to the file name except for what I put above. Include the quotations, and remove any file extensions from the name. You can leave the .txt in the “Save as type:” option. It will understand it’s no file type by the quotations around the file name.

Thank you. I have made sure that the only thing in the name of the file is as you indicate. Also triple checked that there were nothing extra in the files itself, other than what @Sharmii wrote.

It only works with an empty (no space or anything) line at the end. So the file should have 3 lines where the last line is empty.

Make sure the directory is right: <sc directory>\SC2Data\config\3b\93\

If it still doesn’t work, try a reboot (I know, I know… but it often helps… you should give it a try)

Also I found this thread ([Main Thread] Game not loading after clicking Play - #258 by Spartsou-1446 - Technical Support - SC2 Forums), where someone uploaded his sc2data config - They actually came up with the same solution, they are using the same file. You can download the whole directory and either try to replace all files or just the one - I recommend you backup your directory first though.

Maybe it depends on the language that SC2 runs in. Are you using English?

4 Likes

That worked! Thanks alot!

Which one worked? Did you have to copy the whole directory?

Still happening today, only fix is the

ipconfig /release & ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 & ipconfig /renew

command someone posted earlier

Thanks a lot. The problem is still here, but maybe not so big anymore. It took 2-5 minutes to launch.
I think it started after i played some custom arcade games (Minute Micro Challanges).

it work ty you alot for helping!

Hi all, how is this still an issue? It is getting worse, for me it started as 15 seconds, it was 2 minutes few months ago, now it is even longer (and I don’t care to measure it now). How am I expected to run a CMD command 80% when I want to play SC2? Is this SC2 now?