[Main Thread] Purchased Game - Does not Show in App/Error Processing Request on login - July 2023

I have the same issue, I purchased the game and the client show to buy the game again. (EU player)

After Version 1.36.0.20257 Europe region the error: “There was an error in handling the request” and If I get through after lot of minutes and I manage get a game and win than “Waiting for results” - for 5 minute than Error: “Failed to retrieve data” still persist!

Win counters are not updated, MMR is lowered, some wins count as looses, others just vanish.
When do you fix?

I have the same problem, but now i know what it is. If you try to log into US server, it works. So there is a problem concerning the Spils of War edition and the EU servers. I guess someone still needs to check a box somewhere…pleae do!

I asked many times in my tickets the “Tech support” to “check my account/ reset statistics, clear temp files from database” - maybe help, but they never do. Maybe the problem is for some EU accounts.

I tried to connect sometimes to US server but than issue is long waiting times!!!
(Of course when is 10:00AM in EU and 03:00AM in US who plays from their side?!?) and even if I get a game ping is way too high.

Finally the “Failed to retrieve data” still persists on US server also. So I am not sure is the EU server.

I have the same problem. Log in error: There was an error in handling the request.
I tried both EU, Americas and Asia, but still same respone: There was an error in handling the request.

Has anyone solved the issue, and can provide me with information what was done in order to solve it???

I have the same issue, for me is working in America, but I wanna play in the EU.

Having the exact same issue, contacted support and did not hear yet.

Problem persists.
But also if I persist trying it, once or twice game will work as desired.
And I can exclude Internet problems because I have :
Download: 907 Mbps,
Upload : 723 Mbps,
Ping: 13ms on Ookla 's speedtest.