⸰☽ The Nightblade Sentinels ☾⸰ - Celebrating 8 years! 🌙

Well, that’s a big OCH

B-but Eastern Kingdoms were once Kalimdor…

Nice April fool though! xD

2 Likes

Haha! Thank you! I am glad you think so. The original post on our website have screenshots to go with it, and one has a small footnote that might have helped people figure out that it was a joke. If it helps at all, you are not the only one who bought it though. Some of the guildies did too. xD

2 Likes

You got a poor Orc, who also has headache, as a victim hahah xD

Anyway, it was fun xD
Though this idea can be done as a serious thing to a degree :slight_smile:
Good luck :heartbeat:

2 Likes

Dang you got me there :smiley: ah well perhaps you will visit Stormwind in the future, think it would be totally fun as a change of scenery.

3 Likes

Hello! I come back to bring you a little story about Maracyn and her reaction to certain question she was asked recently. I hope you enjoy it!

The acolyte spent that day tossing and turning as the sun made its way up on the sky. No matter how hard she tried, she appeared to be unable to fall asleep. And thus, convincing herself that she might as well be doing something useful, she got up and put on her usual black and teal work robes, along with the tabard of the Nightblade Sentinels. Sentinel. The word that had been resonating in her mind for hours, and that would not let her rest now.

She had wished to be a sentinel when she was a child. She admired them, all brave fighters and heroes in her eyes, willingly standing between the kaldorei and anything that might want to harm them. She spent her early nights playing pretend, interpreting the role of the sentinel she wished to become someday. Astralarius – “Goddess bless him”, thought Maracyn – was the witness of this ambition, and in many occasions, he was also her playmate.

But then she felt the calling of the Sisterhood as the teachings of her mother, a respectable priestess, started to have a real impact on her. After all, priestesses dedicated their lives to serve and guide the Children of the Stars. They were also protectors, if not always wielding a glaive. One day, she expressed her wish of initiating herself in the teachings of Elune to become a priestess, and her mother obliged. Even though her trajectory as an acolyte was a short one, she had been thoroughly instructed and her knowledge of rituals was already on par with many other acolytes of her same age.

Maracyn picked up a book about tactics and military history, and resumed her reading where she left it. It was not the first time she immersed herself in such readings, but now the book felt heavier, more complex, incredibly important. She understood the words, but she could not process them. Letting out a sigh, she pinched the bridge of her nose and tried to tell herself everything was going to be alright, regardless of the result of the trial. She trusted her sisters, all of them. They knew perfectly well what was good for the cadre. They would have never given her this opportunity if they did not think her capable… Right?

“Lunarglade, you are still an Acolyte of Elune and as such we cannot offer you to undertake the Trial of the Night Warrior to ascend to the rank of Priestess. However, we can offer you to undergo the trial to possibly become a Sentinel first instead. Do you accept?”

The words of the Commander still resonated in her head as if she had just heard them mere seconds ago. “You bet I do” , Maracyn wanted to answer. She had dreamt with that for years. And she also wanted to become a priestess, once her superiors deemed it right. But most importantly, she wanted to serve the kaldorei, to protect them, and to do whatever she could to retake their lands back, sooner rather than later. By the bow or by the moonlight, fighting or tending to the injured, her only wish was to serve. She had accepted the trial with gratitude for the trust they were depositing on her. And immediately, panic started mixing with joy in incomprehensible ways. She did not know if she was ready. She did not know if she would disappoint her sisters. Or Astra. Or her mother.

Maracyn made an effort to dismiss these thoughts of self-doubt, shaking her head slightly. Whatever that will be, will be. If she was not ready, she would simply not pass, and keep serving as an outrunner and healer. And if she did pass… The Goddess would guide her.

4 Likes

Some of the Nightblades can be found at the Azeroth at War event this weeked, while some of us remain behind in Feralas to pursue some other storylines and prepare for our Byltan celebration next week. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We had a lovely Byltan celebration in Val’sharah tonight. Huge thanks to everyone who attended and participated in the poetry and dance contests. You were all amazing!

I also want to extend a big thank you to Melaniel, Kathene, Maracyn, Astralarius, Delanae and Saeshia for helping out with the ceremony and acting as judges for the competitions. :heart:

5 Likes

Them elves are sniffing flowers and dancing with wisps while the northern EK burns in huge conflict

The Handmaidens had a wonderful time last night, a particular high point for us was the telling of Elune and Malorne’s story. Thank you so much for hosting such a lovely event, if there are more in the future we will attend again!

4 Likes

My diplomats and I also had a delightful time. Especially as the Shal’dorei proved superior in dance at the end of the night. :crown:

In reality thank you for allowing us to come. I merely regret having to rush off back to work and not get the time to properly get to know more people after the contests.

Elune-adore! :heart:

(Moonlight Melody won the dance contest, we’re now officially superior under the eyes of Elune.)

4 Likes

Thank you for the enjoyable night, I didn’t manage to stick through until the end but it was great to be there whilst I was and interact with a few people!

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments! Next big social event we’ll do will be Jurina’tore in June, so keep an eye out for that. ^^

The newsletter for May is up on our website now, so if you’re interested in what the Nightblades will be up to during the coming month check it out!

Elune’adore shan’are,

We started this month with light and love during the celebration of Byltan. It was a wonderful evening and I wish to extend my thanks to everyone who attended, as well as to those who helped me during the evening itself. Your help was invaluable and you helped make the evening the best it could be. I hope you all had a wonderful time and that you got to exchange bracers of kinship with your friends and loved ones.

Now that Byltan is behind us, we will be moving back to regular duties. A missive from a Sentinel stationed near Astranaar has reached us and they have called for our aid in investigating some Forsaken activity in the area. Apparently, the Forsaken have set up labs and small camps throughout the forest and we will need to figure out where they are and why they are there…and then we will root them out.

Once we have dealt with the Forsaken in Ashenvale we will return home for an induction ceremony. It is past due and we have at least two new recruits that have not been properly inducted yet. The ceremony will deviate slightly from the usual setup, as we will also host a weapon blessing at the same time. For this, you will need to be in full Nightblade Combat Armor and bring the weapons that you wish to have blessed.

Anar’alla Elune,
Priestess Tinwëtar Ravenmist
Commander of the Nightblade Sentinels

http://nightbladesentinels.clanwebsite.com/newspost/109044

We will CLOSE recruitment from the 15th of May, as we’ll be going on a campaign to Nazmir shortly afterwards.

3 Likes

The Nightblades are currently on a mission in Nazmir, shrouded in mystery and danger at every turn! Will they return in the same condition they entered? Stay tuned!

4 Likes

Hows your mission going, Friendos? I trust none of you have gotten squished or sacrificed to the blood god?

Also bump for friendos <3

3 Likes

The campaign finale is tonight! Keep your fingers crossed that we manage to beat our enemy and do not lose any of our allies along the way…

And thanks for the bump! <3

6 Likes

We are back in Feathermoon <3 Home, sweet home!!

7 Likes

Some of the Nightblades are off on a short mission in Uldum, meeting new potential allies and battling giant sand worms. Never fear though, we will all be back and ready to celebrate Jurina’tore in Val’sharah on Friday! Hope to see you all there in your finest golden clothing and with the music cranked up! \o/

3 Likes

The coolest Sentinels out there.

3 Likes

We have been in Val’sharah for a few weeks now, playing (ie repeatingly rolling 2 on a 20-sided die together) an immensly good mini-campaign by our fellow Nightblade Telariel. A certain sentinel squad will likely be back in Feathermoon soon - in better or worse shape.

5 Likes

Tonight the Nightblade Sentinels celebrate 3 years! More RP and campaigns await us in the future. You can find us back at Feathermoon after the celebrations, training and preparing for what the future might hold.

6 Likes