🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 1)

I’m Swiss, from Canton Ticino, so I speak Italian (but I’m also fluent in German and French). My dad has southern Italian origins.

4 Likes

Italian original pizzas are thin, thats american pan pizza which became thick. But any pizza must have pepperone always. :smile:

Same here, some cheap 300 euro portable AC is must almost during summer now if one doesnt want 30C inside their apartment day and night.

Take it from me, I lived in Florida.

Everywhere and everything that feasibly needed it had AC.

No one in Florida with brains had a convertible.

The first question you ask when you buy a used car.

“Does the AC work?”

We only go outside if we have to, and as soon as we can it’s indoors with the AC on.

During hurricane season we buy as many battery-powered fans as we can.

One generator for the AC, one for the fridge, everything else is a bonus.

I do NOT miss the Floridian climate.

2 Likes

I feel you! I have much support in my life but that damned ASD is often too much to handle anyway. :confounded:

1 Like

2 Likes

I think with the UK we just don’t need AC for that much of the year so it’s a luxury item many don’t bother with.

Purrfect Paradise: Exploring Caturday Cat CafĂŠ in Bangkok

I don’t actually like italian pizza either.
Unfortunately gluten free pizza has a thin and hard base too.
I miss my big fluffy crusts.

“Pizza al taglio/trancio” is more fluffy, but it’s more like a street food, my parents make it sometimes, I love it. :pizza:

:heart: Cats: The Masters of Mischief and Mayhem

Normal pizza for me unless its pan pizza from pizza hut, then Ill eat it for the nostalgia of pizza hut in old town and grandparents when were kid. But all pizza must have pepperone. :smiley:

That looks much better. Tbf I could have just gone to a rubbish restaurant I guess (this was in Italy). We have a fabulous genuine italian restaurant down the road that we went to up, until my coeliac diagnosis, on everybody’s birthday and mother’s/father’s day… basically any excuse, since I was a baby. Very sad I can’t eat there any more. I never had pizza there, though… it seemed like a waste. Why eat pizza here when I can get it from Pizzahut? I can’t get [rest of the menu] anywhere else.

Pizza Hut long ago stopped being an option for me.

Last time I was in there to sit and eat we had to use their app to order, the drinks could only be ones that were on the app (they were all sold out so all they had was water) and when we had ordered they would send us a message to come and collect it from the kitchen area and take it to the table. I asked “Would it be even easier if we cooked it ourselves at home and brought it in?” and the girl who was “serving” smiled and said, “you’re not the first to say that”. So we got up and left and had a pizza at the Italian place in town.

3 Likes

https://i.ibb.co/v1wXCBB/1.png

Similar tought to what I have for this one gourme pizzeria in our town that sell 13-16 euro pizza with strawberry, goatcheese, salmon and pistachios and rucola and all of this bonus stuff for reasonable price but I dont understand whats the point when there is no pepperone in any of them on the menu. I rather go somewhere that sells pizza with pepperone. :smiley:

cat eats pizza

1 Like

I’m sorry but that sounds disgusting and I wouldn’t eat it :laughing:

I go on and off pepperoni. I am a lover of hawaiian, whole family is. The pineapple just cuts through the cheese and ofc pairs well with ham. However, I also love a veggie sizzler or my all time favourite, chicken bbq.

We used to get the BIIIIG pizzas with cheese stuffed crust and garlic oil etc and then garlic bread as well :dracthyr_lulmao: I could not eat that much any more. I naughtily had 2 slices of (gluten free) garlic bread the other day and I was like “I have eaten a whale I cannot move oh ye evil bread” tasty though.

We always use Pizzahut. Dominos tastes like cardboard, don’t @ me.

Before we knew better, our dogs got pizza for their birthday apparently :dracthyr_crylaugh:

1 Like

Imo pepperone because when tmnt became big late 80’s it were the only food they ate and anyone who associates something cool with pizza must think of pepperone and tmnt if theyre from my generation. :smiley:

We were in america around early 90’s when it were not yet arrived in finland but were huge in states already and could see everyone with the clothes and other franchises and pepperone pizza were associated with them.

1 Like

Sorry for late. I’m actually in edi airport ready to back home.
I’m from Milan. But planning and dreaming to move on the lakes north for many reasons.
Weather, quality of life especially.

3 Likes

I just woke up (17.30) after a covid booster yesterday. I knew it would be bad when she said they only had moderna as I had a really bad experience with it before … she didn’t know when they’d next get pfizer so I should have it. Stupidly I said yes and it has such a bad effect on me. I’m exhausted despite sleeping since last night, feel sick and cold. And the hole in my arm hurts. Not a very happy bunny.

1 Like

I feel you, kind of thinking about the same thing but with the mountains northern from here! I moved to Turin from the countryside because of work, but I now want to go back

1 Like