šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 1)

I hope you both have a great time.

1 Like

My own little Tahra, member of the Zombie Outbreak Response Team Canine Unit. :zombie:

5 Likes

Working at the Airport, itā€™s quiter now with the kids back in School. :+1:

2 Likes

Gorgeous :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

You mean those meagerly 28Ā°C? Thatā€™s not hot. Thatā€™s almost normal in my country :rofl:

What is ā€œratherā€ hot for you over there is standard for me.

Brits arnt designed for those types of temps, too long in that temp for me would result in heat strokes, itā€™s one of the reasons I canā€™t go abroad :confused: but I do live in Norway now and the weather here is perfect :slight_smile:

According to my motherā€™s boyfriend - whoā€™s from the north of England - everyone to the south of there is french.

So you must be french then? :crazy_face:

The last time we germans tried to be french we were suddenly in Paris just like that.

2 Likes

I mean, you askedā€¦ :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

More like 30+

It dropped to a lovely 25 today and that was really nice.

Oh btwā€¦ Those thunderstorms I mentionedā€¦ Turned out to only be some showers.
Soā€¦ Yeah. Itā€™s getting cooler though. :partying_face:

1 Like

Very little of Northern Europe is set up for heatwave weather.

When I was in Dubai, everything was airconditioned. Even the bus stops, the metro, there are airconditioned walkways to get you to places from stations etc. Itā€™s a different world and it gets a lot hotter there ofc. Ironically many people end up with Vitamin D deficiencies because you donā€™t actually go out in the sun much.

In the UK you just bake. Though slowly people are investing in aircon units. Iā€™m old skool and only have a fan.

2 Likes

Iā€™m curious thoughā€¦ Do you live in the south of Germany?
Because I wouldā€™ve thought the climate in Germany is pretty similar to the one we have here in The Netherlands. 28 is pretty warm over here. Certainly no record setting number, but far from average either.

I personally handle anything up to 27-28 with no problem, but 30+ is getting nasty. Itā€™s the moisture in the air that really makes it horrible.

Next to Swiss border, yes. I am a proud citizen of the Lake Constance.

And 28Ā° are only hot if we have no real wind going on from the Alps.

1 Like

I agree the humidity is the worst, dry heat is easier to cope with. But itā€™s been so humid and hot.

1 Like

Did a quick Google searchā€¦ Looks very beautiful over there.

This must be your private island, right? :crazy_face: :kissing_heart:

I doesnā€™t just ā€œlooksā€, it IS beautiful over here. There is a reason why I donā€™t want to leave my homeland here.

Also, just as a reference, some properties here are in the million cost area regarding just the land itself. There are also rumors that members of the russian mafia own houses in some villagesā€¦ But thatā€™s something that I didnā€™t see or hear real proof about ever.

Thatā€™s the ā€œInsel Mainauā€. It has a little ā€œCastleā€ on it and is actually a local attraction for both botanists and butterfly lovers. There are a few greenhouses with Butterflies and exotic flowers too.

Sounds awesome (minus the russian mafia, that is).

Wellā€¦ Iā€™m going to bed. Got a dentist appointment in the morning.
Cheers!

Go give them your brightest, shining smile :wink: