šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 1)

Itā€™s almost noon here, but sure, good morning.

Hey I always hated the rain, especially since here itā€™s associated with winter, no such thing as warm rain here. Rain is life however, which is something you learn to appreciate when living a few hours of driving time from a desert.

1 Like

I love the sound of rain, its even more special with Thunder added, itā€™s a cool temp of 13 degrees here and we are expecting heavy rain soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something we only get in December/January.

Although it is actually morning, to me morning is mostly when I wake up and have a coffee :laughing:

1 Like

Raining here in Lincolnshire- my garden certainly needs itā€¦

21 and sunny in Surrey with a mostly blue sky. Bliss!

Sunny in Berkshire too :sun_with_face: :sunny:

:cricket: :facepunch: :cricket:

Just here! Just now! Just tonight!!!
To the death!
Two goes in, one comes out!

2 Likes

its this british thing, not the actual crickets that play everytime ive tried to joke :joy:

1 Like

*sigh *
The britons donā€™t know how to have fun
They learned nothing from the Romans
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
A (tiny) Colosseum filled with gladiator crickets locked in a death battleā€¦

2 Likes

im against unnecessary violence, im more into video games or strategy based sports kind of guy :joy:

2 Likes

Your only down the :frog: and toad XD we basically share weather =p

1 Like

We do love to talk about the weather in the UK but it does vary so much for such a small country :laughing:

1 Like

in finland no one talk of nothing but weather ever, period :smiley:

but it changes so much that it easily becomes the talk of topic

3 Likes

Hei Hei! I was in Finland a few months ago, in a place called Jakobstad. The sun never set it was really weird and kind of annoying XD. Really love Prisma, K city market and Friends & Brgrs.

1 Like

I read something on this years ago.

Itā€™s basically because its a neutral, non-intrusive safe topic which suits the ā€˜reservedā€™ Brits. Many other topics would be considered too personal or intrusive etc, so weā€™ve defaulted to the neutral ground of the weather.

1 Like

nice :smiley: i reside on other direction from it also on coast where its 80km cross sea to estonia over baltic, few years ago went 20km walk on the ice to have look when in practise one could walked across ice to another country :smiley:

https://i.ibb.co/Zd4Q4Kv/DSC-0446-1.jpg

the botanic bay which you visited also has cool ice during winters, i follow this one swedish guy who reside in northern sweden and does good vlogs

`https://youtu.be/LW2tzyWvHMI?si=SDHfmDpK7DDMzNZm

2 Likes

Aint sure itā€™s a Brit thing, itā€™s just general talking.

Saying that though, back to glorious sun in the south.