🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 1)

Went and did some Christmas shopping yesterday and stopped off for some lunch

And I’m out again today!!

It’s a hard life

4 Likes

Aaaand today’s lunch

I’m quite happy not to see another big meal for a week

5 Likes

i dont have tree in my flat either but i do like to buy glögi and listen some oldies time to time, on eve anyways when travel visit relatives there is the traditional big american type christmas with big ole tree and all decorations and such on their house

also winter and hygge is like nose to a face, it just fits :smiley:

Disgusting! I’m calling the police! tuts furiously The depravity!

I’m too jealous to even think of a reply
 I’ll just sit here and sob thinking how my life went wrong eating this bag of pigs in blankets flavoured crisps.

1 Like

They are good tbh, I recommend them

especially because they’re from Morrisons and I get them with my 15% colleague discount.

Oh like you lot wouldn’t do the same!

turns round and shoves a fistful into mouth

1 Like

im just about to head store buy some glögi, ill get some piparis too which name is too bad in english so i just call them pipari, gingersnap is the english name for this xmas biscuit but fins know the real name, if you call 112 i might have to go help them with shovel to get here, the roads and streets are covered in snow, please let me enjoy my evening instead go do anything physical like shoveling snow :joy:

:snowman_with_snow::christmas_tree:

Well to be fair I just assumed it was an adult to

Ive said to much.

i am lost in translation i dont understand, but i have glögi and gingersnaps now.

i am lost in translation, there is only so much i understand :joy:

may this be my finnish haiku

My absolute favourite Christmas biscuits are lebkuchen. I have a tin of them in the kitchen and it’s very hard not to go out there and eat one every so often.

Glögi sounds a bit like our mulled wine which smells delicious, but to me hot wine is wrong :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no need to resist, we only live once, i give in to the temptation of the biscuit :joy:

i heard them call for me from the shelves of our store all the way to the church!

1 Like

I love those too!!!

1 Like

I hear the temptations of various seasonal treats all the way to the church, heavens open to me when i give in to the temptation of these sugary treats :smiley:

2 Likes

My apologies to the German people on here - but i just cant stand Stollen.

2 Likes

what is stollen and from whom it was taken from? may i be of some assistance my good sir

https://www.talesfromthekitchenshed.com/2014/11/mini-stollen-loaves/

that does looks good tho

I agree, Alagondar. My older daughter loves them and tries to persuade me to eat them too 
 but every time I try, they taste gross.

Alythena’s link - https://www.talesfromthekitchenshed.com/2014/11/mini-stollen-loaves/

However, I do love me a good chocolate yule log

3 Likes

My house this morning

2 Likes

So pretty all that snow!!!

1 Like

Should see the pic of my back garden at 4am - its even prettier

1 Like

Out on a delivery today, a farm in GlenEsk. Some pics I took at the bottom of the glen beside a very young, very icy and very very cold River North Esk which only a month ago was a raging torrent and as far as I could drive up it before I ran out of road at the farm, the mountains rose about another 800 feet.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Halfway to the farm, about 500 feet up from the river

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Bridge leading to the farm after driving down a very steep and windy brae road, my van just made it through this narrow bridge.

Imgur

I love my job seeing stuff like this, it reminds me of growing up and visiting my gran and grand dad and uncles who lived in Forfar and GlenIsla. Which of course means that because I know the area better than I know Dundee
 Guess who gets sent here in the winter when the roads are bad.

5 Likes