šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 2)

really? i always imagined finalnd as an oasis of peace. Its true that sometimes myth are doomed to be broken by reality. (but marseille for theft is really famous all around the world).

1 Like

Nah, only in country towards north and middle and both sides of the land, the busy areas around in coast from capital to few other major cityes are like any large city anywhere in the world with its negative sides aswell.

1 Like

Think uā€™ll find that in every big city. But some places alot worse then others ofc.

3 Likes

Countryside is nice, I like the middle areas with dozen lakes especially alot. When drive through these parts can see lakes everywhere from both sides of car window, could go swim anywhere at any time and have break from driving. Theres not so busy as in south either and its peaceful. Check out that area where it say ā€œlakelandā€ that region with its towns is bis imo. :slight_smile:

https://finlandvakantieland.nl/finland-information/?lang=en

1 Like

2 Likes

Midsummer is over, were heading towards Christmas. :joy:

2 Likes

Heatwave time in England! :sunglasses: :icecream: :tropical_drink:

1 Like

Two days of 27c? :joy:

Barcelona at the Ramblas was crazy. I didnā€™t get robbed but I never felt so unsafe and ā€œwatchedā€ anywhere else, to be honest.

We have a half day of sun today, but tomorrow it will rain again! I swear this year is crazy. I donā€™t miss the heat waves, but I hate rainā€¦ why canā€™t it be the right temperature and the right weather? Is it too much to ask? :rofl:

I still have my Christmas boxes and the tree (in a box as well) here in the office, I always forget to bring them in the basementā€¦ at this point Iā€™ll just leave them here, we are halfway there anyway :joy:

3 Likes

Pretty much. We do not cope well.

Its true, we crossed the point in calendar that were heading more towards winter than summer now. Im waiting. I dont have boat so what do I do with summer anyway, mosquitos everywhere on land. :smiley:

2 Likes

Itā€™s a lovely 25C here atm. Very pleasant.

As long as it cools off enough at night to sleep.

1 Like

here it seems to be in milan (:D). greymilan i call it. light shower and grey sky. i always think about pink floyd song ā€œgood bye blue skyā€¦ā€

5 Likes

Donā€™t go to Marseille ! Just donā€™t !

2 Likes

Iā€™m sitting here trying to work and itā€™s so hot. I finally managed to unlock one of the windows (locked when there was a spate of break-ins in the Winter around here) but thereā€™s no breeze at all.

Donā€™t worry!
Iā€™ve positioned my fan in what I believe is the general direction towards the UK and placed an icetray in front of it.
Itā€™s currently set at third speed. Iā€™m sure its ice cold breeze will hit you eventually.

5 Likes

It was chilly this morning so i actually put on heat today :sweat_smile: turned it off now though, gotten a bit warmer outside during the day.

1 Like

Youā€™re too kind, the world does not deserve you.

2 Likes

I recommend get portable a/c, it makes awful alot sound but if placed in another room like bedroom or second floor it will cool the house enough and not bother you. I got mine next to me if Im on pc as there is no other placement next to window, the sound is awful but it does cool apartment. It works and is handy for those few hot weeks around year if one doesnt want more permanent solution in the place. The portable ones are quite cheap now, I keep it on 25 and it keeps temp in my place around that when otherwise it would rise to 28-30C inside.

3 Likes

I know :blush:
Thatā€™s why I dump a car battery in the ocean every week.
To even things out.

2 Likes