🎭 GD Chat Room (Part 2)

Im not finnish :laughing:

2 Likes

hahaahahahahahaahahah sorry!

1 Like

Im from Norway, its close but not quite :smile:

no no i know the diffreences (i visited both the countries) but i imagined since the beginning you were finnish. I dont know why!

2 Likes

Yes error 22, even on phone.

Oh wow … I didn’t realise he was still alive. They weren’t my thing but my husband loved them and I got dragged with him and his friend to their Christmas concert at Wembley Empire Pool (when it existed) every year …
In fact I think I’ve probably seen them more than any other band … except possibly Queen. And Emerson Lake & Palmer. And Barclay James Harvest …

Think i’ve only been to Finland once (not counting driving through it), was in Rovaniemi.

1 Like

Whereas this weekend I shall be in Worcester with a couple of friends watching the one day international cricket match (England women vs New Zealand women). Hoping it won’t rain as the ground there always gets flooded if it does and it’s a long way to travel for nothing.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sure, if shes in Helsinki hope she takes ferry to Suomenlinna island, thats nice destinaton on summer. Can buy some strawberries and the like from street market in harbor on the way to the ferry and then short sail to the island.

2 Likes

1 Like

What do the fin say when he is done, I am finished. Or taken from Mortal Kombat, finish him! :smiley:

Did a full finish m+ run with guild once, we manageds to finish it in time.

1 Like

here it is

|Sab 21/09|Helsinki|
|Dom 22/09|Helsinki|
|Lun 23/09*|Helsinki –Fagervik (Raseborg castle) – Billnas – Pohjia (kasberget) - Fiskars – Turku|
|Mar 24/09|Turku|
|Mer 25/09|Turku – Naantali ? - Rauma –Tampere|
|Gio 26/09|Tampere )|
|Ven 27/09|Tampere
|Sab 28/09|Tampere – Heinola - Puumala|
|Dom 29/09|Puumala - - Savonlinna Visita (Olavilinna) – Punkaharju|
|Lun 30/09|Punkaharju (visita Savolinna 2parte eventuale – Kerimaki – Lusto (Museo delle foreste finlandesi) - - Punkaharju|
|Mar 01/10|Punkaharju - ( old road) Parikkala Sculpure Park – Imatra (koski-rapide) – Lappeeranta (Walk canal Malkia Mustola) -|
|Mer 02/10*|Pyhtaa – Kotka - Porvoo - Helsinki

im a big traveler but unfortunately last time i was there was in 2000…

any tip?

2 Likes

Looks like good tour through coast from west to east, that Savonlinna is the lakeland areas and youre visiting the old castle Olavinlinna thats nice, Lappeenranta - Imatra is at Saimaa Finlands most wanted locations where everyone wants cabin from, I would suggest have peak at Saimaa lake somewhere its beutiful area if into this type of sights. Tampere and Turku are nice old towns with alot to see and Helsinki is the capital and I suggested the ferry ride to Suomenlinna unless want do shopping in town then theres alot of stores with diners and the like. In Porvoo I would go sightseeing in the old town and maybe eat in one of the diners there and go see the river that go through the town and in Kotka this small sailor/fisher town on coast I would suggest go in the harbor and try some seafood dishes if the diner is open, all goes for same family business of fishermen, you get to see the fishingboats from the diner its a vibe. I would suggest Porkkala, Emäsalo from those coastal destinations aswell but theyre kinda far from town out on sea and takes time get to so if on tight schedule might eat too much from the day to get there. Ive never been to Raseborg castle myself that sounds interesting too. Looks like you guys already have alot planned and looks like eventful trip with alot variety of sights from busy town to old destinations and medieval castles and coastal fishing towns and countryside locations on lakeland areas. Looks like will be awesome trip already. Would love to hear your take on the trip later aswell. :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice. i forwarded your text to her!! thank you!!!

1 Like

Euuhh… It’s tuesday. :thinking:

1 Like

Forgot to add that at Savonlinna you gotta buy vendace from the market to eat out! Its this little fish they catch from lakes in that area and deep fry and sell on market in harbor etc, fried vendace (muikku) its so good. :smiley:

https://www.visitsaimaa.fi/en/finnish-fast-food-fried-vendace/

https://www.venturists.net/5-finnish-delicacies-you-must-try-if-you-visit-finland/

2 Likes

Yes I failed the great cat gods and got the day wrong but on the bright side. There is an extra cat video.

Every day is caturday - prefer doggos though…

2 Likes