šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 2)

Here in Ticino (Italian Switzerland) we hate anyone around us, even ourselves (thereā€™s a bit of rivalry between northern / southern Ticino, divided by the Ceneri mount). :melting_face:

Luganesi think they are better and the center of the world, despite being a very average looking and boring Monaco-wannabe town (especially Paradiso, awful place).

The general motto in Ticino: COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN.

But after all we love our other Swiss brothers (German/French), even if we often complain about them (especially the German or ā€œzucchiniā€ how we call them lol). In fact, Ticino is the most patriotic Swiss region, voting results are always overwhelmingly anti-EU, anti-migration, pro-right wing (Lega dei Ticinesi / UDC-SVP) etc.

We have a bit of a more complicated relationship with our Italian cousins (many of them donā€™t even know that Italian is spoken in Switzerland but thatā€™s a matter of Italian education, I guessā€¦), but after all we like them too. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Venice is wonderful before Christmas (first half of December) and right after Carnival, itā€™s very quiet and even San Marco square will be half empty. I went there every winter since 2019 and itā€™s pretty much always like this. Plus the decorations are lovely!

1 Like

Iā€™m living in a metro area so I know what that implies. From what Iā€™ve heard, Naples is as filthy as any tourist attraction, ā€œsee Naples and dieā€ while seeing the same filth as in most of Parisā€™ streets.

My father is really into nature sightseeing, but frankly, Iā€™m more about culture and architecture than trees.

Advice taken. What aboot wine though ?

I wanted to visit that city but I gotta find a good out of season opportunity, dunno if September would be good (ie visiting the city without the crowd)

Maybe you missed it. Of course thereā€™s crowded areas even in winter, but compared to summer, itā€™s half empty.

1 Like

there youā€™ll find fine wine and wonderful wines. and cheap ones like lambrusco. But i like it anyway (especially otello).

For proseccoā€¦ Valdobbiadene zone in veneto.

Nah in napls if you visit city center and you dont wear expensives watch and huge gold chains is generally safe. marseille is definitely worse.

1 Like

This is San Marco square last March, it was lovely!

2 Likes

Now this cant be true, vandalino and tesla in here are good frens! :dracthyr_a1:

2 Likes

Gold records are born

1 Like

Man its brilliant, think this would go well for heals in shuffles aswell. Theres all sorts of explosions and wind and stuff thrown at the gamer :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

Yea. Thereā€™s a lot of Milanesi that have second houses here.
No offense but in my experience people from Milan that come here for vacation are often rude so maybe thatā€™s why.

This is true. Most of the places in Genova are really old, even in Tigullio everything is old :joy:

its not an offenceā€¦ its true. in fact i have a friend that goes often in nervi cuz he knows there he can avoid other milanesiā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there are all sorts of stereotypes, like Parisians being rude etc.

4 Likes

Well, its the same for ppl from capital here like me originally who are not so liked in around other areas of Finland if I slip few words of slang that are normal to me but not for them or let it hear otherwise. I think its universal for all major cityes aswell in the world :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Ive given this thought in times why people would be stereotyped rude from major cityes and I believe it could be affected by how larger cityes have so many ppl everywhere that one would overwhelm themselves if tried register everyone around them so it would become sensical to try ignore others to a degree to not get overwhelmed of the sheer amount of people everywhere and also because everything sorta become as competition for best rent and jobs and anything we want etc we get cold and calloused to this constant state of fight and competition for everything. Someone from this backround could be seen as rude in smaller town if it isnt needed there and he behave similarly like is used to in larger cityes where its normal to go elbows first figuratively speaking. On other hand smaller towns also have their own ways of toughen people and them becoming closer community more closed to outsiders which could also be seen as cold or rude. :smiley:

2 Likes

I hereby disagreeā€¦we just like to punctuate our sentences with swear words !

4 Likes

Swears in some languages just roll out from tongue so naturally like it was part of communication. Our spoken language is half fighting words like old sailors. :smiley:

1 Like

Round Frog has captured a Delicious Dinner Finger!

Itā€™s not a cliche, itā€™s the truth. We often donā€™t like each other from one town to another, for some old rivalry rooted in generations before, let alone north and south

Thatā€™s until we start talking about Turin and Milan :smiling_imp: our cities are rival in many ways. But we all know that the truth is Turin is better in any way :heart:

3 Likes

Itā€™s true for Svizzera italiana as well. The Cantonal government is pushing for municipal fusions but especially in my region they are usually rejected because ā€œwe donā€™t want to be toghether with those others!!!ā€ even if towns are so close together that the ā€œmainā€ town in my area is actually composed of 10 municipalities attached together, but refuse to be one bigger town. :joy:

The town should have around 50k inhabitants but only has 16k because all the surrounding municipalities (that are in fact part of the town) refuse to get together (Iā€™m part of the problem since I voted ā€œnoā€ twice XD).

2 Likes

I mean, a sicillian friend gave us some polentaā€¦I didnā€™t like it. But Bolognese sauce is god sent !
Therefore, North > South !!