šŸŽ­ GD Chat Room (Part 2)

Triple coffee!!!

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard. Both of mine left long ago but the secret is keep in touch but never interfere (unless itā€™s something life-threatening). Both had to leave suddenly for different reasons but weā€™re closer now I think, many years later, than we ever were; eg I have a check-ups for a chronic illness every few months and they both take the day off work and come from opposite ends of the country to be at the appointment.
Itā€™s a different relationship, one of equals rather than parent and children.

2 Likes

When I moved to Turin from the province (like, half an hour from Turin) my mother looked me in the eyes, hugged me and told me ā€œlife is yours from now onā€ like if we wouldā€™ve never seen each other again. I laughed and told her I was literally just 30 minutes away, but I guess itā€™s hard for a parent. I do visit them often though!

7 Likes

i was movin 2 floors below :D. But its true after 2 months they moved out to the other side of milanā€¦ :smiley:

5 Likes

I moved in the house behind my parentā€™s oneā€¦ at 37 :rofl: (I have lived alone in the past though).

Training is pretty boring. :eyes:

5 Likes

You canā€™t afford a house here even if youā€™ve worked a full time job since 18.
The prices of everything are just ridiculous. I think most people rent but even that is more expensive. Iā€™ll probably inherit this falling-to-pieces house, sell it and live in a teeny tiny apartment (which is fine) and pray I go deaf so I donā€™t have to deal with all the neighbouring noises.

Maybe in 20 years it will be better again.

2 Likes

My son only 31 years old , wants to move out soon , I do not accept this ! The terror of what if he can not be safe , if he will get the illness he is too far for me take care of him , I donā€™t do nothing no more without him if he wants to leave me this makes me want to die , it feel empty without him . I accept his wife , even though she is the Heathen , and gives to me the best gift of GrandSom , so now I accept . But she wants to leave too , and this makes me think the life says to me I am done with the pail , but

To young in this Internet , do not leave your parent too soon , they will be the HeartBreak ! Good children who move close back their parents , OK you are good , I live my mother since I am 0 years old and do not abandon her even now . It is best if the child remains with the parent as long as possible , for health . The cemetary closeby so you can visit your sister every holiday

2 Likes

Atleast its not far, it could been sail into unknown settlement in far reaches of other side of the world aswell :smiley:

2 Likes

Good joke ^^

I saw a game on steam called Empire of the Undergrowth, something about managing an ant colony or some such. Anyway, it made me think of you @Souldefiler :relieved:

2 Likes

I bet after all that training

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m glad itā€™s over, nothing really difficult or anything, but sitting all day on an uncomfortable chair listening to boring stuff I donā€™t even really need for my daily work is kind of tiring. And 45 minutes of driving afterwards didnā€™t help either. :sleeping:

2 Likes

Early bedtime tonight then?

1 Like

I might have a nap later but I usually never go to bed much earlier than Iā€™m used to, because it never works. Iā€™m used to go to bed around midnight and fall asleep almost instantly, but when I go earlier than that, I canā€™t sleep until midnight anyway, so it defeats the whole point (and I get nervous because I canā€™t sleep right away like Iā€™m used to). :rofl:

Tomorrow Iā€™ll work from home, so I can wake up around 7:30-8 and itā€™s fine. :last_quarter_moon_with_face:
Who cares if I start working in my pyjamas, no one will know anyway. :eyes:

3 Likes

You just described school.

1 Like

Yeah but when you go to school you are like 30 years younger than I am right now. :rofl:

1 Like

I envy people who can nap!

I canā€™t :dracthyr_cry_animated:

Either I canā€™t fall asleep in a timely fashion and whatever alarm I have set goes off before sleep comes OR I sleep for like 8 hours.

3 Likes

I chose the wrong word, itā€™s not really a nap, because when I fall asleep during the day itā€™s always a bad idea. I wake up even more tired and zombie-like than before, so I just lay in bed for a bit listening to relaxing sounds. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

1 Like

So itā€™s not really a nap, itā€™s a trap.

Iā€™ll see myself out.

3 Likes