😞 Something WoW Related That Made You Frown Today (Part 1)

that’s because despite some blood elf players claiming otherwise rommath is not important he has like 0 feats outside of a novel that no one read :smiley:

1 Like

Guy dipping out from a +9 because things went wrong on a boss and people died.

Reading the WoW forums, makes me frown, every day. :unamused:

It’s the end of SL and people still can’t spell Torghast correctly.
Signed
A grumpy grammar and spelling pedant

1 Like

Ah yes, Thorgast.

1 Like

Well, is it a Tor-ghast or a Torg-hast anyway?

I suspect its this option - Tor meaning ‘Hill’ and ghast meaning 'Horror ’ or similar so Torghast is likely translated as 'Hill of Horror ’ except its actually a tower not a hill

2 Likes

Now im a shockingly awful player at best, but not even i died on a +9 last night - died twice on a +10 (same dungeon, Junkyard) but that was my own fault for standing in stuff

My argument for Torg-hast is that Torg is north-Germanic for a open space with a market - and thus be a common name for central open spaces in towns. Just like the central room connecting the different Torghast wings.

And here is the point where my argument falls apart: hast is not a recognised short form of haste, and is only the north-Germanic version of the word.

2 Likes

Quite a contradiction there actually :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been throwing in thronghast and various misspellings of it to people who write thorghast and they still haven’t caught on.

1 Like

I found out LFR has now Group Loot system, personally not a big fan of that as has bad experience during Dragon Soul, Cataclysm days. I felt personal loot was best thing added to it.

Every time it makes me think…

(I blame Shammoz)

I probably would have time with Thor more than having to endure Torghast.

On me, I do not frown frequence. Instead, if I have a problem, I can go onto it and solve it, I can go onto it and tell the person who causes it they are bad. Additional, the problem is the filling of the feces and shall not be recongni. If I am going to frown, or if one of the many people I love going to frown, how will I accept this? Instead, I know
That
I can go onto the source of the problem and make them frown more!

My frown of the day - i made Deathmaker legendary last night for my leg slot, only to find i should have crafted it on my back slot. 30k down the toilet :toilet:

2 Likes

To be fair i think most people have a deep seated resentment towards Torghast so they sub consciously miss spell it to mock it

The fact that the calendar button is so comicaly small

My fav spec is basically unplayable during pre-patch cause an abundance of interactions, talents, legendaries and abilities are just broken.

To be fair, many players would probably jump into the Maw if it meant they could be trapped in a tower for all eternity with Thor. He could strike them with his hammer any day of the week. :rofl:

5 Likes

The Ui and the addons telling me they are having errors everytime i try to change something in the UI :roll_eyes: