šŸ˜ž Something WoW Related That Made You Frown Today (Part 1)

You could still link your toon. Itā€™d be actually easier that way, because people would be able to click on that link directly instead of going into your forum profile first :slightly_smiling_face: On the other hand, if we see the toonā€™s avatar, we get a taste of what weā€™ll be rating, which might encourage people to do soā€¦

1 Like

It could be arranged so it shows your bnet ID somewhere in the character tooltip, say, under your post counter.

If it wouldnā€™t work this way, then you could link your character page from the armory. Thatā€™s how I did it a year ago.

That said, I hope we get to keep our character identity, so Iā€™ll be able to post as Dunkiee with her avatar.

You can see a glimpse of the linked character as well, just not as clearly.

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t get to keep it with bnet ID, if thatā€™s what you meant. I wouldnā€™t mind it, but then theyā€™d have to add more portraits or rather let us upload our own ones. Thatā€™d be really cool. The current options on bnet and other forums with bnet ID are so limiting and it sucks seeing people with the same portrait as youā€¦ but then I donā€™t think ActiBlizz would allow this amount of freedom. They very obviously want it to be portraits from their own games only.

Ah

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/stormscale/luanfu

Yeah. Thatā€™d do.

1 Like

Solo shuffle.

If people played anywhere remotely close to as bad in m+, Iā€™d bail on the group instantly. A total of 0 interrupts over 6 games from 3 of the dps. No CC used either.

This is OW matchmaking for supports all over again.

Some times it is the only way to have a meaningful conversation with someone intellectually worthy of you around here :roll_eyes:

1 Like

logging in from a 2 year break to find I had to sign a contract regarding communcation before i could even play the game.

1 Like

That mustā€™ve been really hard!

1 Like

it was its a really daunting situation that you canā€™t even say the F word without recourse of having your account suspended! Though what do you expect in the age of paper thin individuals!

keep getting boored of wow becourse lack of solo content ā€¦
MMOs are now days online single player games so they need alot of solo content

I think there are a lot less people with separate battle nets with accounts with running multiple subscriptions in order to be able to post on each Bnet.

There will be some ofc. There always are :laughing: However, I do think it would cut down a huge amount of the bad behaviours and even things like issues with moving realm, name changes affecting peopleā€™s TL levels.

Iā€™m glad you survived Volā€™dun :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair all the actual rules have always been included in the Terms of Service. They are just highlighting them with the Social Contract. So you arenā€™t really agreeing to anything new.

its far worse than it was before though their inforcing is beyond sense at this rate and simply too far when they canā€™t even look into the context but instead see a word and simply take you down for it.

1 Like

Itā€™s the same rules as before and some suggested behaviour.

1 Like

Its the same as before with a few added words its just common sense.

1 Like

stopping people hiding profiles and posting on classic alts on the retail forumsā€¦ would be a good first stepā€¦

then the real id comes in ā€¦ removal of character posting all togetherā€¦

if you dont sign they dont let you play apparentlyā€¦

i still have not logged in to sign itā€¦

so tech does that mean it doesnt effect me on the forums ?

Leaving the Shadowlands and forgetting my Divine Toll no longer works

Theyā€™ve tried that once already and they changed their mind on that that after a blizzard employee posted his name and people started ordering all kinds of stuff to his place.

niceā€¦ they should of just sacked that employee for being that stupid lolā€¦

imagine doxing yourself on these forumsā€¦

could u imagine what would happen to me if i doxed myself??

i probably would be murdered in a week.

wow community really is something elseā€¦ i wonder what that guy got in his mail thoughā€¦ anything nice?

EDIT: they can still use real-id (as in one identification per person) and keep people equally protectedā€¦ i dont see what that problem is tbhā€¦

all it is is a display name which stops people trolling from multiple alts. and forces them to act ā€œpotentiallyā€ more civilised

the whole idea of allowing alts to post on a forumsā€¦ is stupid anywayā€¦ but then its the same as havign a farming system to gain ā€œTrustā€ā€¦ this company is special.

Yeah there is no need for real names. Just bnet IDs would be fine.