šŸ˜ž Something WoW Related That Made You Frown Today (Part 1)

Feeling stupid that I didnā€™t bother to check thoroughly enough that there are many other ways I can gear up my alts quickly and easily through weeklies, world bosses and crafting orders. Here Iā€™ve been doing nothing but farming my weekly Dreamsurge Cocoons, Dilated Time Pods and Fyrakk Assaults.

Ranged going into melee on Archmage Sol. Like, bro.

I did Fyrakk LFR, on this character and on the first boss, 2 necks dropped, with Haste/Mastery stats. I had a ILV 428 Haste/Versatility, neck. I pressed need and won, with a roll of 100. I passed on the second one. I immediately equipped it.
However upon, leaving the instance, I realised, I got a very bad neck item.
It has tons of Mastery (the worst stat for survival Hunter) and less Haste, than the ILV 428 neck. The only positive thing is: I can put sockets in it.

Memo for myself, when playing, the other 3 Hunters: never, ever, ever, roll on this neck again :triumph:

Temptation is so hard to avoid.
On the same LFR, the 1st boss, dropped a bow :bow_and_arrow: but this character is survival spec.
To add salt to the wound, not only was higher ILV than my 418 polearm, I didnā€™t had the appearance.
I just told myself: ā€œYou have 3 other Hunters. They will get it.ā€
I canā€™t complain, since, I got a epic Polearm, which I didnā€™t had the appearance, in another LFR.

Cheers.

Urgh, stupid rocket. I just want to be done with it.

Edit: :neutral_face: Iā€™m done. After the first run today. After Thousands of runs, more than a decadeā€¦ Dear baby Thrall, I feel relieved.

2 Likes

I was running a few legacy raids for both getting progress on the Trading Post and for a transmog for my main, and Mythic Siege of Orgrimmar gave me a headache. The first boss was annoyingly long, and I gave up during Galakras since itā€™s a pain to keep Jaina, Varian and Vereesa alive as a non-healer while also blasting the dragons down from the towers.

Clear a wave as soon as it starts then run to a tower to clear, then do the same for the next tower, it hasnā€™t really failed me :smile:

1 Like

While I was working on unlocking the goblin heritage armour I got sent to talk with an engineering vendor. It was really strange getting a mixture of Vanilla (ā€œI got what you need!ā€) and Cataclysm goblin NPC interact speech from him. Then I bought the quest item and got new voice lines in a third voice (that sounded like Scott Menville).

Kill #14 on Fyrakk, no axe. Meanwhile others are on their second one. Feels absolutley fantastic and not at all the dumbest system ever implemented which rewards nothing but dumb luck.

1 Like

I think yesterday i cursed the person who ideated the beetle quest in forbidden reach (the catapult one) 400000 times. how is possible just to think such a perverse, obnoxious and hateful quest?

I hear ya there. Especially being a Fury Warrior, I would need TWO of those axes.

1 Like

Same here - but i dont do content that requires it

Today, I just wanted to beat myself WWE style :fist_right: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :fist_left:

Made possible the worst mistake EVER in WoW.
Iā€™ve been collecting:

From Fyrakk LFR on several characters.
After finally learning, that this item drops weekly, I was in a hurry to get it delivered.
However, Iā€™ve been inside instances, so many times, that I completely neglected the quest to access the Dream zone.

I went with my 1st BE Paladin and after, doing the quest, I purchased an item.

What I really wanted, was boots. Unfortunately I only had set pieces.
I ended up purchasing, the shoulders and upgrading it, to ILV 450, so I could have the 4 pieces of the set.

It wasnā€™t that much of an upgrade, since I already had:

Volcanic Spelunkerā€™s Vents
Raid Finder
Item Level 450
Binds when picked up
Shoulder
Plate
+489 Strength
+489 Intellect
+1,861 Stamina
+208 Critical Strike
+456 Versatility

However upon placing the old shoulders on the bags, I realized, I already had the set shoulders, ILV 447, rewarded this week, from the vault. I didnā€™t equipped them, because they were 3 ILV lower, than what I had :scream:

So I wasted an opportunity to purchase the set chest, wasted currency in upgrading an item, I already had in the bags :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Lesson learned: if you have an upgrade to do, do it now , donā€™t save it for later.
Also thatā€™s what I get for playing too many characters (25 characters level 70) :sob:

I was so mad :rage: that I decided to do the quest again on my 2nd BE Paladin.
Only this time, I realised, that I couldnā€™t purchase anything, because, I either had it already or had something better equipped.
Like the hands and the legs :frowning_face:

I ended up, leaving the currency on my bag.

After completing the 4 Mithic runs, I went to the NPC to claim, my reward on my 1st BE Paladin. I already got burned on my Forsaken Priest, for receiving the same staff, in two different weeks of TW.

Staff of Incandescent Torment
Item Level 454
Binds when picked up
Two-Hand
Staff
780 - 1,056 Damage
Speed 3.60
(254.9 damage per second)
+3,011 Intellect
+2,605 Stamina
+263 Critical Strike
+638 Mastery

So I than decided to change her spec, to Retribution. I mean if itā€™s armour, it can be used in all 3 specs, if itā€™s a weapon :hocho:, I really need something better than the Dreamsurge ILV 415, Iā€™m using.
However once again my stupidity :clown_face: strikes again.
I completely neglected that the 4 Mithic runs chest, reward was higher than any of the items, she had.
I got a: strength trinket :unamused:
The only thing, that I wasnā€™t expecting :sob:
It canā€™t be used in Holy spec and Protection spec, requires: Haste.

I than went with my 2nd BE Paladin, did the 4 Mithic 0 runs and this time, I set her spec for: Holy.
I get:

Larodarā€™s Moonblade
Heroic
Item Level 473
Binds when picked up
One-Hand
Sword
448 - 747 Damage
Speed 2.60
(229.8 damage per second)
+2,354 Intellect
+1,640 Stamina
+327 Haste
+160 Mastery

In conclusion, due to my poor decisions :clown_face: my 2nd Paladin is now, better geared than my 1st Paladin :sob:

Cheers.

I :clap:t2: CANT :clap:t2: TANK :clap:t2: THE :clap:t2: FIRST BOSS :clap:t2: OF :clap:t2: DHT.
Makes me mad tbh, I absolutely HATE that boss.

2 Likes

People.
Always people.
People being disrespectful and lack common sense (Renaming it Artifact Sense). :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

1 Like

Whats up? What part canā€™t you tank?
In my smol attempt to help:
Tank him in a matter that makes sense, aimed away from group for the charge, and donā€™t stand around where add-goo is.
Basically, Kite him ā€œaroundā€ but constantly facing a wall.
<3

I guess today was my last attempt at the love rocket ā€¦ you used to be able to have one last try for drops before 10am the next morning, but now the reset time is so early (4am in UK?) I canā€™t see that happening.

3 Likes

Why does the reset stop you attempting another kill before 10am?

Iā€™m not sure. I thought the end time was somehow connected with the reset time. Which Iā€™m guessing isnā€™t true at all from your post?

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure it has any impact on that extra attempt, it just needs to be a new wow day.

Itā€™s been some time since I was squeezing in those extra attempts, I got my rocket during SL as I distinctly remember taking my screenie on mount in Revendreth xD

Was genuinely curious tbh.

1 Like

I think youā€™re right, and itā€™s just me misremembering as reset was never at 10am ā€¦ so how could it be connected with it. So thereā€™ll be 2 more attempts to fail at getting the rocket :sweat_smile:

3 Likes