10.1 dk changes

DEATH KNIGHT

• Frost
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible: 2-Set Bonus has been redesigned – Howling Blast damage increased by 20%. Consuming Rime increases the damage of your next Frostwyrm’s Fury by 5%, stacking 10 times. Pillar of Frost calls a Frostwyrm’s Fury at 40% effectiveness that cannot Freeze enemies.
    • Aberrus, the Shadowed Crucible: 4-Set Bonus has been redesigned – Frostwyrm’s Fury causes enemies hit to take 25% increased damage from your Critical Strikes for 12 seconds.

CLASSES

• DEATH KNIGHT
    • Spellwarden (PvP Talent) has been removed.
    • Spellwarden has been redesigned – Reduces the cooldown of Anti-Magic Shell by 10 seconds but reduces its duration by 50%. Anti-Magic Shell is now usable on allies.
    • New PvP Talent: Bloodforged Armor – Death Strike reduces Physical damage taken by 20% for 3 seconds.

Unholy Death Knight redesign

• (2) Set Bonus: Death Coil and Epidemic damage increased by 10%. Casting Death Coil or Epidemic grants a stack of Master of Death, up to 20. Dark Transformation consumes Master of Death and grants 1% Mastery for each stack for 20 sec.

• (4) Set Bonus: Army of the Dead grants 20 stacks of Master of Death. When Death Coil or Epidemic consumes Sudden Doom, gain 2 extra stacks of Master of Death and 10% Mastery for 6 sec.

2 Likes

This is much better than the initial design. Doesn’t force you to talent FWF and syncs really well with PoF windows

This reads much better to me! 2p will be a bit awkward to align for the opener, but will be nice little bonus throughout the encounters, but 4p oh my lordy loooord Arthaaaas dominating opening buuuurst we’re heeeere to staaaay :smiley:

Yea it will be insane opening pump :muscle:

This talent will be huge:

• Spellwarden has been redesigned – Reduces the cooldown of Anti-Magic Shell by 10 seconds but reduces its duration by 50%. Anti-Magic Shell is now usable on allies.

Throw AMS on the healer before poly/trap will win games.

• New PvP Talent: Bloodforged Armor – Death Strike reduces Physical damage taken by 20% for 3 seconds.

Not sure about this one though, seems too short

I’m happy with those tier changes… very nice!

3sec is low I agree but if they buff duration it would be op.Death strike was always problem all the time nerf and buffs they dont know how to balance it.
At least we got something againts physical dmg I will take it.
Nerfing duration of ams by 50% and lowering cd just by 10sec is big nerf.At least it can be used on teammates and its pvp talent.

What’s the point of HB 20% damage buff when it does crap damage outside rime and rime already buffs the damage by 300% with talent this just makes rime even stronger while u won’t even notice 20% extra damage outside of it because the base damage is crap

Better to buff frost fever by 20% instead

1 Like

Thats all they need to do buff base dmg of hb and obliterate and nerf strenght bonus of pillar of frost and frost dk is ok.

I’m no pvp expert as I barely partake in it, but I can see that if they buff the duration to 5 or 6 seconds, DS will end up becoming super important in the rotation, and used to maintain a perma 20% damage reduction, which I think would really break the idea of this talent.

I see it more of an emergency break burst dampening dimension.

1 Like

from a pvp standpoint there are some concerns regarding unholy for me:

the changed s2 set bonus is for sure better then the one before.
but when i do my pvp rotation with opener and stuff on a dummy i get in 17 coils (without sudden doom) before next trasnform is rdy.
thats with 100% uptime and no disruption. so in most cases we wont be able to get 20 stacks even with sudden doom before next go. so we might need to stall but its tricky since we also want to align our burst apok + transform with a fresh necro wounds debuff.

i dont think new spellwarden is worth a pvp talent. maybe to peel traps we have to see.

bloodforged armor is nice but it costs a pvp talent also.
necrotic wounds is a must as well as raise abom for the 20 stacks (setbonus) first go.
then next patch our stun gets reduced from 5 to 3 sek so not taking silence will hurt.
so will be rough to choose.

all in all appreciate the changes tho.

2 Likes

Glad Blizzard is listening. The new Frost DK Tier set is 10 times better than the previous one. The new PvP talents seem interesting and the physical damage reduction was a much needed addition.

1 Like

Tier set bonuses are perfect thanks blizz <3

this was my proposal - written quickly after seeing the description of how the bonuses work.

I still think my suggestion is simpler to use and better for the average player in any situation.
The current version will force us to collect 20 stacks, thus stopping us from potentially using DT, which in itself is stupid and unnecessary. I think the idea of having one bonus build during combat and the other on demand by using CDs is simply better.

1 Like

feedback for unholy PVP set (4) for pve Army of the Dead grants 20 stacks of Master of Death. but for pvp we dont have something to help the first go. and for sure will be hard to got 20 stacks for second go.

raise abom will give the 20 stacks. i think so at least. if not it will be rigged.

In ptr it didn’t give stacks the rise abomination.

big sadge.
they need to change that. otherwise the set bonus will be utter trash for pvp.

2 Likes

my next post - what do you think?

Other topic - Taeznak

He’s right about many things, but I don’t see any obstacles to buffing some of his weak points in Unholy even in his current form.

oh snap that feels gloomy. I was hyped for the tier change which I still feel is better than the original one proposed. Though now I feel it’s not enough.