Thank You - For Everything!

Hey everyone,

As a World of Warcraft player from the very beginning, it was always a dream of mine to one day post in blue on the official forums, to share in the highs and lows as we adventured through Azeroth together. It was a goal I strived toward obtaining upon joining the Game Master team in Cork, Ireland way back in 2008. In 2015 that dream was realised, and I joined the European Community team in Versailles, France, and got to make my first post in blue (after going through the rather lengthy process of choosing an avatar name and getting it approved :joy:). I still remember that day vividly, and how – almost immediately - many of you were demanding information from me on whether another patch was coming for Warlords of Draenor!

That ferocious energy is why WoW has always been a game very close to my heart. I started WoW during a very low period of my life, and (like many of you I imagine) was blown away by not just the world of Azeroth itself, but the players who form its community. I’ve made lifelong friends from around the world as a result of WoW - some of those friends have even gone on to get married and have children. Even after 11 years at Blizzard it still blows my mind to think that a video game could have such a profound impact on the lives of so many people.

I’ve always vowed to give back to the community as much as I could. While as a Community Manager the fruits of that labour often could not be shared, I have always been there – reading your forum posts, tweets, and reddit banter. Lurking in your discords. Watching your video content and streams. Always forwarding on your thoughts and feedback. Your boundless energy, creativity, passion, hunger, (and sometimes scathing humour) has always inspired and humbled me every single day. I count it as a blessing that I was able to meet some of you in person at events, and geek out about the game we love.

However, all good things must always come to an end, and after 4 years it’s time for me to put the lid back on this pot of blue ink. :sob: Today is my last day as a member of the European Community team. In a different timeline this might not have been the case, but starting next week I’ll be moving onto new challenges, and new adventures. While I’m excited for what’s ahead, I’m also sad to be leaving behind something that has been such a huge part of my life for over a decade.

So, I wanted to take this last opportunity to thank you:

• Thank you to all of you on the forums – whether you’re a regular poster, lurker, or someone who chimes in occasionally, you made sure there was never a dull moment!
  • Thank you to everyone who came out in force to gamescom, Legion Café, and other events.
  • Thank you for putting up with my bad jokes and puns on the WoW social media accounts.
  • Thank you to all of the content creators for all the amazing creations you make (and for also putting up with my constant nagging).
  • Thank you, all of you, for making the WoW community the best there is!

You made this feel more than just a job, and I will never forget that! :sparkling_heart:

It would be remiss of me not to extend a thank you to my colleagues on the CM team, many of whom have already moved onto new challenges, and new adventures. You were the best co-workers anyone could ask for.

‘Til we meet again, perhaps in the Shadowlands – THANK YOU, DANKE, MERCI, ¡GRACIAS!, GRAZIE! :blue_heart:

For Azeroth,

Aerythlea

P.S. There’s still no Cow Level Trust Level 5

123 Likes

You little one can always buy a sub, and come here to chat with us, like one of us. wink-wink - you know you want to ! Because we are awesome, and you know it !

Good luck and loads of fun in your new adventures, Blue one !

7 Likes

Good luck on your new adventures :slight_smile: u cant take the cow level away from us, never!! :cow::cow:

5 Likes

I want to thank YOU for all your efforts, all your bant’s/meme’s & Gifs. We are going to miss you.

11 Likes

The only blue that actually posted in EU forums leaving, nice…

Good luck regardless.

9 Likes

All the best of luck to you on your new adventures, Aery. I’ve never had the chance to meet you, but you’ve always been there in the background, keeping General more or less sane :slight_smile:
We’ll miss you!

6 Likes

Good luck with everything what is ahead. Wish you all the best :+1:

3 Likes

I hope you will find joy where ever you are going, it was nice to have you here

You are still getting paid today, come back tomorrow and tell us the truth :wink:

14 Likes

Thanks for everything over the last couple of years Aerythlea, your work with the community is appreciated. Will see you around for sure and excited to hear about your next move!

4 Likes

Good luck in your next adventures.

Thank you for all your hard work on the forums and putting up with us lot :rofl:

3 Likes

You were the face of blizzard on the European forums for some time now , I knew you done the best job you could and indeed a good job you’ve done. I hope you succeed wherever you go (I also hope leaving was your choice :frowning: ).
Good luck !

3 Likes

Thank you Aerythlea

3 Likes

u wot m8 :smiley: there was always a cow level you just havent found it :smiley:

good luck on future endevours <3

3 Likes

Thank you for all you’ve done for the community Aerythlea! I wish you the best of luck for the future! :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work and all your efforts on our behalf. You will be sorely missed. :sob:

https://tenor.com/ZBtr.gif

I wish you the best of luck in your new challenges and adventures. :four_leaf_clover:

10 Likes

I wish you the best you want :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

GGWP good luck, hopefully you stay within Blizzard team.
Hopefully you weren’t dismissed due to efficiency increase and cost reductions as it is a new standard in big companies.

2 Likes

This sadens me. You have always done such an amazing job on the EU forums. I wish you farewell and good luck on your future adventures. You will be heavily missed. A big thank you for being the front face of the EU community.
/hug /love /respect

2 Likes

Leaving the sinking ship ey?

GL in your next step of life!

Thank YOU for everything!

I can never thank you enough for all the help you’ve done for me and my channel over the last couple of Months. You will be sorely missed and I really hope your next adventure is just as good as this one :heart:

• MrGM
3 Likes