Vestments of the Eternal Traveler Transmogrification Set

Hello.

Since the BlizzCon announcement of Shadowlands , we’ve seen concerns about whether it is intended that the quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmogrification set can obtained from another player’s Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount.

This is not a bug. Access to this transmogrification set is a bonus available to anyone who purchases Shadowlands . While the Heroic Edition and Epic Edition also grant the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount that summons the questgiver Xolartios, anyone who has purchased Shadowlands can interact with the questgiver and earn the transmog set. The quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler will also remain available to all WoW accounts that have upgraded to Shadowlands after the launch of Shadowlands .

The questgiver does not offer the quest and rewards to player characters who have not yet pre-purchased Shadowlands .

6 Likes

So you tell us this weeks after when lots of us paid full price how disgusting is this when we could have just afked and bought cheap one and hoped so poor soul get on there mount and let us all click …

12 Likes

Probably this is not the topic to post this issue but I’ve noticed when you Transmog the set ‘Vestments of the Eternal Traveler’ or even a part of it, it doesn’t show on the respective character armory.

For instance, my character has ‘Eternal Traveler’s Cloak

As you can see, on her armory she appears without cape.

Here’s a character with the full set Transmoged:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/earthen-ring/caylia

This is intended or it’s a bug?
I’m sure it’s a bug.

I don’t post on my horde lock well because she is naked I mean completely.

1 Like

Indeed, it’s undesirable to post on a character that looks naked even if she/he is wearing a Transmog.

This should be reported as false advertising …

After a few years at long last I see something we agree upon with u.

Why you didn’t tell this earlier, this is false advertising.

There was supposed to be an explanation like “Players who buy base edition can still obtain Eternal Traveler Set quest, they can obtain it from another player’s Ensorcelled Everwyrm mount”

But this would have a negative impact on preorders, of course why should you :smiley:

7 Likes

I know right just gets me so annoyed “you didn’t have to paye £70 really suckers!”

1 Like

Blatant false advertising and/or irresponsible advertising which is basically the same thing.

If this was the case from the start the standard edition of Shadowlands would read ‘shadowlands expansion and the ability to gain a new transmog set via the heroic or epic bundle mount’

NOT

'Base Edition

Includes a pre-purchase* of World of Warcraft®: Shadowlands and early access to Death Knights for Allied Races and Pandaren starting with the Visions of N’Zoth content update.’

The heroic edition states:

Includes everything in the Base Edition, plus instant access to a Level 120 Character Boost and the Ensorcelled Everwyrm flying mount The flying mount grants a quest for the Vestments of the Eternal Traveler transmog set

Having this explanation in the heroic and epic bundle description CLEARLY insinuates they should only be available with those purchases.

If im honest it doesnt bother me. I bought the epic for all the other extras but i just think its wrong both morally and professionally to NOT add a detail like that into the advertising

edit for formating

8 Likes

Pretty much this. If i knew prior about all this i wouldn’t bother and stay with the base edition.

Where do i sign for a refund?

2 Likes

I have to say I’m less than impressed by this news. It was not mentioned at the point of sale that anyone would be able to access the quest giver from other people’s mounts, having bought a lesser version of the expansion.

I feel misled.

16 Likes

yeah, actually really friggin disappointed right now. first the ah mount, now this. i wonder how else blizzard is trying to deceive their customers in the future.with this my trust has just been completely flushed down the toilet.

5 Likes

That depends if you used the boost.

You can contact support

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help

Sadly I used my boost so no refund but this is so low by blizzard .

1 Like

This just screams of being a bug that was not intended, but they’ve caught too late to fix so are just going with “intended all along”. If it was intended, it would have been advertised as such. I haven’t prepurchased Shadowlands yet, but this is certainly making me question whether it’s actually worth buying one of the non-basic versions.

6 Likes

Wow. I mean, why isn’t this written anywhere on the preorder pages?

You got yourself into a lawsuit for false advertising under European laws.

Congrats to whoever gets the money off of you.

3 Likes

It’s actually not.
I’m not saying it looks good on their part to post this now, a long time after, but it was not false advertising.

Supposed to? No.
Would it have been extremely honest and customer friendly on their part? Yeah, sure. But not very smart business wise. Blizzard is a business. Not your friend.

1 Like

If you don’t want all the other stuff then I suggest buying the basic edition, since this came out of nowhere.

Really hun it is and under handed by them it is not right I think you agree.

You can click my mount if and when you want to buy it as to late for my refund now .

1 Like