12 month cadence?

“As with the first release of WoW Classic, we’re planning six content release phases. In WoW Classic Season of Mastery, however, phase unlocks will happen faster . We’re planning for a 12-month cadence, with phases unlocking roughly every couple months. Here’s the current outline for the six phases:”

Phase 6 from month 10-12 or phase 6 from month 12?

The difference is pretty significant. I’m no england speaker, maybe there’s a clear answer here? Yet I see conflicting interpretations on forums.

From Wiktionary:

1. The act or state of declining or sinking. quotations
  2. Balanced, rhythmic flow. quotations
  3. The measure or beat of movement. quotations

I guess it just means the interval of 2 months

I doubt you’ll get an answer because I suspect Blizzard have not yet made up their mind.
To my mind giving people 8 weeks to clear AQ40 and then 8 weeks to have a crack at Naxx doesn’t really work. But maybe that’s what they do on private servers, on the assumption people have it on farm from day 1.

There isn’t a clear definition in English.

But yeah - I wish they would clarify, because there’s a significant difference between
Scenario 1.
SoM opens on 1st January 2022. Phase by phase release - Naxx drops on 1st November. The server is shut down on 31st December, the end.
And
Scenario 2.
SoM opens on 1st January 2022. There’s a phase by phase release. On 1st January 2023 Naxx is released, the server is effectively “finished” at 12 months, but people have 3-6 months to finish off with the next seasonal server, “Season of Versatility” appearing around May-July in 2023.

It would be nice to know one way or the other. The other option is skewing it hard earlier - so you have 3 months of MC, 3 months BWL, 3 months AQ40 and 3 months of Naxx. Which might work. But if so its clear the time for all the phases isn’t going to be the same, with the last 2 phases being as long as the first 4.

And realistically I’m not sure that’s a bad thing. “Dire Maul can’t be in the game at release to maintain the dignity of…” what exactly? Raids everyone with a working computer will steamroll on day 1?

Hey so when’s fresh at?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.