Failed boost

You are kinda cheating by buying boosts and you are complaining to be cheated with the boost? :smiley: Kinda weird.

5 Likes

Blizzard created the boosting platform with gear progression system that supports it. They also take 0 action against boosting or advertising it which means it is considered legitimate business.
All boosting deals also happen ingame using ingame currency, so i fail to see how that would not qualify for their “anti-scam” protection.

But i would not be surprised by anything these days. Good old days of single difficulty raids, HC facerol 5 mans and PVP vendors… Noone needed booting to remain relevant

3 Likes

I am SO happy this happened to you.

4 Likes

if you want to see my face you can follow me on instagram :))

People delighting in someone’s misfortune and wishing them further misfortune. Stay classy, EU forum.

16 Likes

I wish we could have a Blue post here and sort things out.

1 Like

OP: I would advise you to open a ticket and speak to a GM, but don’t hold your hopes up that they will be able to help you. It isn’t a supported transaction so you definitely won’t get your gold back and it’s 50/50 they will even be able to do anything to the guy, he did take you through the run so it’s a bit iffy as to what they will say I think.

One thing though, don’t name him here or publicly on your realm!!! That can be deemed harassment and you could end up with a ban, as unfair as that sounds, it just isn’t worth it. I understand you want to warn others but sadly blizzard kinda tie your hands there and it really isn’t worth compromising your account.

Reporting him is your only option, maybe blizzard will give him a slap on the wrist and scare him off from doing it to anyone else or maybe the next person he does it to will report and his sanctions will keep adding up until it’s just not worth it for him.

Sorry you lost your gold! Hope it was earned in game and not from a token so it was just time wasted on pixels.

3 Likes

Blizzard’s rule always used to be that, if you made an agreement for a trade in an ingame chat channel and it was something that could be exchanged in the trade window, then they could act and (I think) refund as a supported transaction (supported by the tools given to you).
If it was something agreed in an ingame chat channel but can’t be done in the ingame trade window, then it was possible the person would be punished if reported but you wouldn’t get a refund.
It may, of course, have all changed …

2 Likes

You just reveal your trash mentality.

People buy boosts for different reasons, people with all different kinds of skill/experience.

Some people dont have the time in their everyday life to commit to a raiding schedule. Maybe they want to only do rated pvp and for that they have to do pve, buying a hc raid for 3-4-500k is quick and easy, supply and demand., and will be quite effective gearing.

Neither the boosters or those who buy a boost hurts you in any kind of way, so take a chillpill.

You howewer, gloating in others bad luck and wishing them more bad luck just show what a toxic shrug you are. Youre the perfect example of a cancerkid giving this community a horrible reputation.

7 Likes

Back in Vanilla, i mained warrior and i bought/farmed materials to craft a weapon with blacksmithing, howewer i didnt have blacksmithing and being the newbie i was i trusted the first guy to respond to my “LF blacksmither” in tradechat.

Now these mats were worth alot of gold, alot, i traded him the mats + gold in Ironforge, and he write to me calls me alot of things like idiot, /spit, ++ then he put me on ignore. I screenshotted everything tho. the whole dialoge from beginning to end.

I reported this to a GM and he got permanently banned. Didnt get my stuff back tho, but him being banned is something i would choose any day of the week instead of just getting my stuff back.

6 Likes

Using anabolic steroids in professional sports are considered cheating, as it is against the rules and will get one banned from participating for a long time.

Buying a boost for whatever reasons in wow is not, cause its not against any terms of use and will not disqualify you from anything ingame.

People buy boost for different reasons, some dont have the time to attend to a raid schedule, or wipe all day long in a pug. Quick and easy and totally understandable if someone want quick and painless gearing up, maybe to push other content.

Youre the kind of guy who would stand with your mobile phone and take snaps and selfies if you were to come across a serious traffic accident. Gloating in others misfortune. Pure aids.

4 Likes

Even better . I can migrate to your neighbors. House and keep 24/7 surveillance On you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If someone were to make a thread in the general chat “I will be playing less because i got diagnosed with cancer”

I would be willing to put a whole lot of money that more then one comment in this community would go like “LoL KEK hope u DIE of cancer” “HAHAHA GOOD FOR U LOL” etc.

Such scumbags, just as bad as the boost scammers.
Pity we have such people in the community.

4 Likes

Some comments in here are very disgusting. Wishing other people bad luck because they play the game in a different way than you do (or in a different way than you think that the game should be played) is very toxic and not very intelligent. WoW PvE isn’t even an e-sports (maybe debatable for world first races but boosts are irrelevant for this and nobody in this thread even competes for that) so this is a lot of fuss about nothing.

5 Likes

Good I’m glad this happens. Serves you right for buying a boost.

5 Likes

not even “the way” the op plays the game as he explained why he/she bought boost. He just wanted some quick/painless gearing cause his guild was not able in a long time.

Shocking comments from toxic cancershrugs.

3 Likes

It’s so funny that boosting is accepted within the community now… Why should boosting for gold be an accepted thing… If you’re not good enough to do the content, or don’t do it… Or just get good?

Boosting should be against rules. All you see in trade chat these days is “WTS BOOST”

6 Likes

Hey there folks!

The thread’s derailed just a little from the original purpose here, so I’ve locked it down now.

We’ll always do our best to investigate scams and cheating, so if you’ve experienced something like this, feel free to reach out to our support team so we can see what we can do

7 Likes