Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

oh my god there are only 6 corruptions per rotation. It can take literally almost 2 months for a full rotation. US got masterful rank II and I’m not sure if I should just buy 4 pieces with my saved echoes or wait for rank 3…

tbh im surprised they didnt delay it considering theres been alot of outrage about it

In wowhead comments ppl are saying they pulled the vendors off now! - or some just cant seem them Pepega

Llarold37 seconds ago (Patch 8.3.0)
I could see them on my Paladin (not my main), and hadn’t done either assault on it or any of my other characters. I came back to the Chamber of the Heart after 10 minutes, and the Corruptions were no longer visible on MOTHER.

You’re correct. I didn’t realise they stopped rewarding people the currency. I always got it on my main since I never bothered to get one of the essences.

1 Like

you need a different character with that essence at rank 3, to be able to get echoes on a character.
basically pure DPS class mains (who will usually have the highest essence ranks) are penalized by this system compared to alts…
at least the prices and rewards will increase by a factor of 5, so mains will be able to catchup on alts relatively quickly, still a very, very, flawed system…

I’ve updated the OP in this thread:

Due to a technical limitation, items that were cleansed before this update cannot be re-corrupted. New items can be cleansed after this update and then re-corrupted.

More here.

in case we forgot, is there a way to see if a piece we are wearing was cleansed previously, or do we need to attempt a re-corruption in order to find out?

this technical re-corruption problem + the 0 echoes on some mains, + the limited rotation of corruptions, is a very awkward system, that will potentially prevent people to make informed decisions about what to buy, or how many echoes to save for a possible future good corruption in the very next rotation.

1 Like

This is really great news !

With that said, it would be great to see something for the rep grind needed for alts. My mage main can not buy Aegis of the Deep and even though I could unlock it I can not buy it with Echoes on my alt because it is a tank only essence. Grinding rep on an alt again is just tedious and doesn’t bring anything to the table.

1 Like

That’s all? No a single word about all people that never was eligible to drop Echoes? Some people have more than 15k already, and many have to start from zero not for their fault???

2 Likes

… oh they sure should be.

It should be the case that if your main has purchased ANY of the rank 3 reps from Nazjatar all of them should be available across your chars, even for specs your main cannot purchase.

When my Monk first bought Nullification Dynamo way back when, it’s allowed my hunter to purchase Purification Protocol rank 3 using Echoes and my Monk never bought that essence himself, only Nullification Dynamo. My healer alts also have access to Well of Existence which similarly, my Monk never bought.

Seems wierd if it works only one way (ie as a Hybrid my Monk “could” purchase any essence, therefore unlocking them, whereas a DPS char cannot purchase tank essences, so doesn’t unlock them) I think it’s intended that once you’ve got any rank 3 essence requirement met and purchased one, you can buy all of them irrespective, so if you can’t, you mgiht want to ticket that.

same. but imagine next week where the affixes are a faceroll, people will be spamming high keys to get bucketloads of echoes

Is the update out now in EU?

Yes, it’s live on EU and up for sale are exactly the corruptions in the sample.
So MAGES, HUNTERS, LOCKS, SPRIESTS get buffed, the rest get the stick. LoL. Whoever allowed these clowns to design video games should be locked in a room and forced to play wow for 1 month.
There is not one single useful low rank corruption for a DH, for example. Bu there are 2 mastery corruption for mages, though (one with % and one with proc). WHAT A GAME! WHAT A GREAT DESIGN! CLOWNS!

yeah there is masterful II which is not perfect and I do not want to buy it. At the same time if I have to wait 5 weeks for r3 I should buy few masterful II scrolls.

Your meme spec plays as if it has bis corruptions equipped baseline anyway…

Why lie like this? Cannot look at damage meter details? Take away damage effect corruptions from demon hunters and they become useless. Or, if a DH without corruption equipped beat you on DPS meters, feel free to quit the game, there is nothing for you do play here. Talking about meme specs, are priests padding much these days?

Don’t turn this into a spec-vs-spec discussion, I know you must be 9yo, but please keep it to yourself.

Imagine being angry about playing one of the best classes in the game and then being -slightly- nerfed. Absolutely delusional.

Wow, I hit a nerve. That reply must be the most buttons you’ve ever had to hit :rofl:

5 Likes

lmao :+1: :skull_and_crossbones: