Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

We’re working on an update to the game that we expect to roll out in the coming week. We plan to make improvements to the process of obtaining Corrupted items on max-level characters and also streamline upgrading the legendary cloak Ashjra’kamas.

Our goal with this update is to speed up the power progression of new level 120 characters, while giving established endgame players more agency in pursuing the Corruption effects they most desire.

More Echoes

In our last update, we added Echoes of Ny’alotha, a new currency available from most Visions of N’Zoth content, which can be used to directly purchase Rank 3 Essences that have already been unlocked on a different character. We plan to expand the availability and purpose of this new currency. Now, once any character completes the legendary cloak questline, they will immediately begin earning Echoes of Ny’alotha from all of the usual sources.

Echoes of Ny’alotha will be much more abundant than before. As we expand the usefulness of Echoes of Ny’alotha, we want to ensure that players who haven’t felt the need to accumulate them don’t feel disadvantaged, so we will be increasing both the droprates of Echoes and their costs by a factor of 5. This means that when these changes take effect, a Major Assault will award 625 Echoes, up from 125. The cost to purchase an Essence will also increase by the same factor, from 500 to 2500 Echoes.

If you are planning to purchase a Rank 3 Essence with Echoes of Ny’alotha that you’ve already earned, you should do so now, before these costs change.

Improving Ashjra’kamas

We’re also reducing the requirements for any quest step in upgrading the cloak from Ranks 1 to 15 that previously required multiple Horrific Visions. Each Rank can now be achieved in a single Horrific Vision. For example, upgrading your Rank 13 cloak to Rank 14 will now require 2 Torn Pages of “The Final Truth” (was 6), so if you’re currently in possession of 2 or more pages, you’ll turn them all in and immediately complete that quest. The following quest to upgrade from Rank 14 to 15 will then require that you go get 2 more new Torn Pages (was 8).

The requirements for further minor upgrades to the cloak after Rank 15 with Malefic Cores have not been changed.

MOTHER will also offer Vessels of Horrific Visions in exchange for Echoes of Ny’alotha, providing an additional source of access to Horrific Visions that does not require completion of Assaults.

Choosing Your Corruption

In addition to any unlocked Essences, MOTHER will now also offer several new Preserved Contaminants, which allow for a specific Corruption effect (and the associated Corruption penalty) to be applied to a selected item. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency.

You can use a Preserved Contaminant to apply the Corruption you purchased to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted, much like an enchant. Here are some sample costs for MOTHER’s updated offerings:

Item Cost (Echoes of Ny’alotha)
Vessel of Horrific Visions 1750
Rank 3 Essence 2500
Masterful I 3000
Siphoner I 4250
Twilight Devastation I 6250
Siphoner II 6300
Ineffable Truth II 6750
Racing Pulse III 7875
Echoing Void III 12000
Twilight Devastation III 15000

Important Notes

We highly suggest that you purchase any Rank 3 Essences that you want and can afford as soon as possible.

Due to a technical limitation, items that were cleansed before this update cannot be re-corrupted. New items can be cleansed after this update and then re-corrupted.

All of the previous ways that Corrupted items and Vessels can be acquired are still in place. The changes above are meant to supplement those sources and provide you with more options and control in pursuing your goals.

38 Likes

Does this mean that after 4 months of being unlucky, I can finally play the game?

Sounds good! Is Gushing Wound going to be purchasable too?

21 Likes

Ofc gushing wounds isn’t available for purchase, ugh.

4 Likes

Where’s the update that makes Rich a good streamer?

9 Likes

Some people have thousands of Echos of Ny’Alotha on their characters because other characters have other essences. My main has 0 Echos and all essences on Rank 3. I don’t find that fair.

Other than people who slacked getting a headstart, it’s great and I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Also, and endless amount of “Thanks” from my side for making Vessels purchasable with Echos

41 Likes

It does say it’s a sample so I’m going to be looking for Gushing when it goes live. Hopefully we’ll see from US update which will come out first.

5 Likes

As someone who has had all the ranks at 3 from before this system was introduced I could never earn the currency. :frowning:

35 Likes

Good changes, the ability to choose corruption is really neat … just kinda sad for the malefic core … 2 malefic cores “at most” per week remains too little to allow efficient catchup (and god N’zoth is boring …).

It would be great if there was others ways to get malefic cores, like:

• doing 5 masks runs ( so you drop 2 cores if you do just one 5 mask in a week)
  • a lot of echos of Nyalotha
  • PvP weekly conquest cap
  • Heroic Nzoth (so 2 if you haven’t killed him in normal already this week

Asuming you are behind of course

8 Likes

remembr this was a “sample” not the extent of it…

you should be more concerned about wether or not you are sitting on say 495 echos and then they bump your essence cost up to 2500 forcing you to do another boat load of grinding screwwing over your entire start to the week.

4 Likes

They better wipe everyone to 0 echoes.

Due to having every DPS essence and only being a dps class i have not been able to collect ANY echoes since release (even though i have tank/healer essences on my alts). If not i’ll be well and truly screwed over.

12 Likes

(っಠ‿ಠ)っ GuShInG WoUnDs (っಠ‿ಠ)っ

I think yes - corruptions rotates twice a week

1 Like

So it was a mistake buying all possible essences because since 3 weeks i can’t earn any echoes anymore?

13 Likes

Well rip boe farm

its idiotic - people who purposedly didnt buy echoes are now rewarded for playing the system .

echos should get reset to 0 to put everyone on equal footing - and i say it as someone who has 5-10k echoes on each toon because i know blizz and anticipated something like thiswill happen -_-

also 0 catch up above cloak level 15- guess nobody wants to do your nyalotha eh blizzard ? gotta force people there eh ? :slight_smile:

20 Likes

yes /10chars

5 Likes

Hi there,
Please for the sake of being fair and just give the main character retroactive the missed Echoes of Ny’alotha. My Main can’t earn any because I can’t buy anything. But my guildmate has already 20k cause he doesn’t care for the offspec essences on his main.
If you can’t give them retroactively them pls convert them to gold and let everybody start at 0. That would be the most fair for everybody.

15 Likes

they are obviously forcing people into raids to boost their participation numbers

those must be pathetic for them to do stuff like that

It wouldnt change anything anyway since people randomly rolled the best essences so there is literally no point to the cost increase.

the pages for cloak ranks change got me interested
if its 2 pages per clear like they say
can return to 2 manning them with my fire mage guildie to 14 and 15 to finish it

1 Like