Targeted Corruptions and Faster Cloak Empowerment

thats because people think that blizzard is doing that for them

not as desperate PR attempt to keep them from unsubbing.

oh, you two are so wise… It is obvious and everybody knows this. WoW is a product that must be simply sold. But it can be done differently and their change in their approach (being more open and a bit more agreeable) to customers is a welcome one and should be encouraged as such.

If we do not open weekly chests, are we going to get 5x more echoes when this change is live ?

Why would you limit this… I’ve been doing assaults pretty much every week, not playing wow outside of that because I’ve burnt out. Recently started playing more again thinking I can use my coalescing visions to max out my cloak in a week, turns out I can’t.

To catch up with people I now have to kill N’zoth every week for 7 weeks straight while doing a weekly vision to catch up with people, and the expansion’s pretty much over…

Problem is I already have the raiding gear I’m gonna have access to since I don’t raid mythic, so there’s no point outside of the +3 resist for me to kill N’zoth, and I’m not going to spend time every week for 7 weeks straight downing N’zoth in a pug because Blizzard wants to cuck me, and I won’t be competitive having 21 less corruption resistance than the rest of the playerbase.

Also if you absolutely won’t remove this restriction, why is there only one way to catch up, and why does it have to be raiding? Not everyone wants to raid, and on top of that, not everyone wants to raid every week when the raid has already been out for 4 months. Why can’t you get one from the weekly m+ chest, capping conquest points, etc… I cba

1 Like

If I want to play a new alt now, the catch up methods feels like “catch slow”. Also a low geared character with not a single kill entering into a n’zoth raid will not only not get into a good group, they also will not be able to pug kill n’zoth…even on normal. :frowning: Coalescing visions and therefore horrific vision runs need to be spammable, malefic cores need to be spammable.

I hope you’ll convert my 200k coalescing essences into gold in the future since they are useless for upgrading cloak more than once per week.

And to people who cry and demand removal of echoes from everyone… Don’t worry we are only 10k ahead of you, you’ll catch us eventually

I don’t care about your echoes, I want mine which was not earned because I purchased all essences in 8.2. Thats the problem. You can have all your echoes and smoke it for all I care…
If they can’t do that, just reset it.

1 Like

Why would you grind all R3 essences in the first place, there are useless essences like Nazjatar crit essence Reckless or something. It is your fault for spending your time on unnecessary essences instead of doing something that you like :smiley:

You don’t need to have the R3 to NOT earn echoes. You just need to have the achievement for collecting all :slight_smile:

Most hated achievement in the history of BFA: Pure of Heart… That naming tho :smiley:

1 Like

Hmm, I don’t have Blood of the Enemy, Condensed-Life Force, Purification Protocol, The Formless Void and Unbound Force on my main. Checked them right now. Good.

the vendors are live on US

oh my god there are only 6 corruptions per rotation. It can take literally almost 2 months for a full rotation. US got masterful rank II and I’m not sure if I should just buy 4 pieces with my saved echoes or wait for rank 3…

tbh im surprised they didnt delay it considering theres been alot of outrage about it

In wowhead comments ppl are saying they pulled the vendors off now! - or some just cant seem them Pepega

Llarold37 seconds ago (Patch 8.3.0)
I could see them on my Paladin (not my main), and hadn’t done either assault on it or any of my other characters. I came back to the Chamber of the Heart after 10 minutes, and the Corruptions were no longer visible on MOTHER.

You’re correct. I didn’t realise they stopped rewarding people the currency. I always got it on my main since I never bothered to get one of the essences.

1 Like

you need a different character with that essence at rank 3, to be able to get echoes on a character.
basically pure DPS class mains (who will usually have the highest essence ranks) are penalized by this system compared to alts…
at least the prices and rewards will increase by a factor of 5, so mains will be able to catchup on alts relatively quickly, still a very, very, flawed system…

I’ve updated the OP in this thread:

Due to a technical limitation, items that were cleansed before this update cannot be re-corrupted. New items can be cleansed after this update and then re-corrupted.

More here.

in case we forgot, is there a way to see if a piece we are wearing was cleansed previously, or do we need to attempt a re-corruption in order to find out?

this technical re-corruption problem + the 0 echoes on some mains, + the limited rotation of corruptions, is a very awkward system, that will potentially prevent people to make informed decisions about what to buy, or how many echoes to save for a possible future good corruption in the very next rotation.

1 Like

This is really great news !

With that said, it would be great to see something for the rep grind needed for alts. My mage main can not buy Aegis of the Deep and even though I could unlock it I can not buy it with Echoes on my alt because it is a tank only essence. Grinding rep on an alt again is just tedious and doesn’t bring anything to the table.

1 Like

That’s all? No a single word about all people that never was eligible to drop Echoes? Some people have more than 15k already, and many have to start from zero not for their fault???

2 Likes