Black Lotus and WSG Adjustments Incoming

There it is. The first comment so fantastic I had to screenshot it for laughs and reference when it eventually gets deleted.

You suckkkkkkk

Glad you had a giggle mate <3

Spawn rates didn’t change but servers got tons and tons bigger yet stating this fact is a ‘‘joke’’.

‘‘Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.’’

Want to try again?

2 Likes

This could be a very good idea and very in tune with how things actually were back in the day if it is done right.

In the end it all depends on how much Blizzard adjust the spawn rate really. Are we looking at the Lotus spawning twice as fast, three times as fast, four times as fast? Cause that’s really the most important question that remains to be answered now.

Obviously Lotus selling on a range from 100 to 150g and staying there throughout AQ and Naxx that sounds just fine and that’s Vanilla all right and in line with how it should be considering the larger servers.

Lotus selling for 30-40g? Yeah, not so much.

The Black Lotus and Warsong Gulch hotfixes are live in all regions.

4 Likes

Oh hey, a blue guy! Any chance you could give us some info on the increased spawn rates? How much faster do they spawn now?

I know this is OT and desperate, Kaivax, but some folks are desperately waiting to be able to transfer their alts to their main servers. We do not even add up to the pop since we are established, please, it is getting so saddening.

1 Like

Getting ready to update your scripts uh?

Well, that too. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all honesty though, I’d like Classic to maintain the spirit of Vanilla - as much as it is possible with 1.12 talents and items, etc.

So while I certainly do agree that 250g for a black lotus (as it has previously been at my realm) is too much and not in line with how it was in Vanilla, 30-50g is obviously not in line with Vanilla either. Lotus should still be rare, it just shouldn’t be that rare.

There’s a difference between solving an issue of botting and actual scarcity caused by the larger modern day servers and then just flat out “handing out” lotus in the tradition of retail.

And I hope Blizz is mindful of that difference.

Lotus printer go brr

Lotus will hit 30-50g because there is around 30k of them stacked per server, waiting to be sold somewhere between aq40 amd naxx

Best patchnote Ever. RIP Lotus Mafia. Gold Seller etc AHAHAHAH

4 Likes

Seems to be working … Happy hunting boys!

I hope they didn’t increase the respawn rate by x4 just because we are x4 more on the server.

Else it’ll just have nearly the same respawn rate as regular herbs which isn’t “normal”.

For all i care they might aswell just add black lotus to a vendor for 10 gold

3 Likes

see guys it’s almost like the game becomes more enjoyable when you fix and change(in moderation) actual issues while still keeping the core gameplay the same.

3 Likes

That’s it? No counterpoint?

I found 2 lotus within the last 70 minutes on the old spawnpoints. Nothing changed for me yet

They will still be viable to farm for bots so that wont stop.