Black Lotus and WSG Adjustments Incoming

Finally you’ve come to your senses. The people have asked for your help in solving this matter for half a year.

they don’t care

at this point they’ve already just changed everything so its not vanilla anymore

2 Likes

I actually enjoyed walking around burning steppes against other horde groups that tried to get lotus. Lotus botting was no issue at all on our server.

The reason why Black Lotus was so expensive is 2 reasons:

1. people unironically flask every mc / bwl run to get highest parses ( I didnt even know what this was because I never played retail) And most of them said that you cant do “competetive raiding” without flask. lmao nobody used a flask in vannilla except some main tank or healer when things got “hard” (Naxx)
  2. Buying gold online. (pay to win) Why should someone farm 2h-3h a week for consumables (that are not needed to clear content) if they can just buy 1k gold for 30€? Alot of people do this and guess what? Prices go up.

The argument that the black lotus spawn isnt in accordance with the server population and therefore not giving people the “classic experience” is a joke.
If you want the “classic experience” you need a time machine.

It would only be logical to adjust the spawn rate different for each server population I guess? While we are at it, why not increase the spawnrate of twilight mobs in silithus? Surely you wont be able to get exalted on high population servers because of that right?

What about world bosses? Just increase the spawn rate aswell please. Or does it take more complaining?

The people that like the economy part of this game will find a way to become richer than others either way. Next thing you know people will scream about elemental earth and that you cant farm it in arathi highlands and badlands anymore.

6 Likes

What you call “clever players” I would simply call it cheaters /exploiters.
Moreover, most of them did not found anything themselves, they are just copycats, that reproduce what they have seen before, on private, for instance.

And maybe you are not as clear in your communication messages as you should be, or, maybe it is intentionally that you are taking side amongst abuses, or, again it is in fact to cover up your lack of action on Classic in general and toward those abuses in peculiar. But still the choice of words seems tactless.

1 Like

Salty because you can no longer control the market and extort people? Let me guess you have a bank full of Lotus that you was planning on selling for a massive profit in P5/6? Suck it up, buttercup. Lotus was designed with servers with 3k MAX capacity, this change needed to happen.

1 Like

That’s true. I have stored 100 between lotus/flasks and I am not selling lotus: I want to use flasks for Naxx/Aq40. If you are selling them after the announcement, the intention of speculation is pretty evident.

Many players were just collecting/buying/selling them with the clear aim of manipulating the market. If the resources becomes more common, It will be far harder to monopolize the lotus and keep the price very high.

Even if I have stored many of them, I am very happy about this change.

1 Like

In reality, this might be a VERY good investment opportunity.

So, in my server, BL used to cost around 120-130g. Now people is selling them in large quantities for half that price.

Lets say Blizzard adjust the spawn rate blahblah, and after several weeks after the hotfix, the price is naturally set to, lets say, 85-90g. Well, if you invested a bunch of gold in buying BL when people was panicking, you might get a good cut out of it.

But it all depends on how “severe” the hotfix is.

There it is. The first comment so fantastic I had to screenshot it for laughs and reference when it eventually gets deleted.

You suckkkkkkk

Glad you had a giggle mate <3

Spawn rates didn’t change but servers got tons and tons bigger yet stating this fact is a ‘‘joke’’.

‘‘Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.’’

Want to try again?

2 Likes

This could be a very good idea and very in tune with how things actually were back in the day if it is done right.

In the end it all depends on how much Blizzard adjust the spawn rate really. Are we looking at the Lotus spawning twice as fast, three times as fast, four times as fast? Cause that’s really the most important question that remains to be answered now.

Obviously Lotus selling on a range from 100 to 150g and staying there throughout AQ and Naxx that sounds just fine and that’s Vanilla all right and in line with how it should be considering the larger servers.

Lotus selling for 30-40g? Yeah, not so much.

The Black Lotus and Warsong Gulch hotfixes are live in all regions.

4 Likes

Oh hey, a blue guy! Any chance you could give us some info on the increased spawn rates? How much faster do they spawn now?

I know this is OT and desperate, Kaivax, but some folks are desperately waiting to be able to transfer their alts to their main servers. We do not even add up to the pop since we are established, please, it is getting so saddening.

1 Like

Getting ready to update your scripts uh?

Well, that too. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all honesty though, I’d like Classic to maintain the spirit of Vanilla - as much as it is possible with 1.12 talents and items, etc.

So while I certainly do agree that 250g for a black lotus (as it has previously been at my realm) is too much and not in line with how it was in Vanilla, 30-50g is obviously not in line with Vanilla either. Lotus should still be rare, it just shouldn’t be that rare.

There’s a difference between solving an issue of botting and actual scarcity caused by the larger modern day servers and then just flat out “handing out” lotus in the tradition of retail.

And I hope Blizz is mindful of that difference.

Lotus printer go brr

Lotus will hit 30-50g because there is around 30k of them stacked per server, waiting to be sold somewhere between aq40 amd naxx

Best patchnote Ever. RIP Lotus Mafia. Gold Seller etc AHAHAHAH

4 Likes