15th Anniversary free 100 Character Boost

So, people who have been unsubbed get a free level 100 character boost, that’s great! But what do we, the people who are consistently supporting your product as opposed to the unsubbed guys get? Nothing? Oh well. I guess I’ll just pay £50 for my own boost while they get it for free as a reward for NOT playing the game!

786 votes and 306 comments so far on Reddit

58 Likes

Source please.

Pretty crappy.

4 Likes

It’s not a great free boost really - but it may encourage a few back from WOD?

It does not disappoint me tbh

Kind of sucks that you get nothing for being loyal paying customer. But that’s the logic here. You are paying so they don’t need to encourge you to go back and pay some more.

16 Likes

Nothing we haven’t seen before. They aren’t really known for rewarding their existing playerbase.

11 Likes

We will get 5 solid rocks - check your mail from postmaster.

12 Likes

If this really is a thing they are doing it’s pretty lame of them.

3 Likes

Which is really just a scummy business practice. New money is better than old money. Out with the loyal and old, in with the new and naïve. More fertile cows produce more milk after all.

I’m not truly fussed about the boost, but more so the £44.50 worth of an in-game store service given out to new players and resubbers alike. While we get f-all, not even a title or a pet, for having been subbed the whole time prior the Anniversary.

4 Likes

If this is true i swear i will unsub. I dont care boost but this is really disappoint.

8 Likes

we get a deathwing mount for the 15th anniversary, which is coming next patch

1 Like

Well, that sucks. I mean I’m happy for them, but I also understand why its a tad unfair. Then again, if it brings more people to the game thats a good thing.

Still, unless the sylverian dreamer mount counts as a loyal subscriber promotion I would hope they give us a freebie aswell somehow.

Kinda normal business usually with any kind of subscription. Usually people who stay subbed do not need encouragement or offers to stay (though they started to do some things witht he 6 month mounts).

It is the people who are not subbed who need to be lured in. It is the same for any magazine subscription, if you got it for a year you do not get a gift for signing a subscription but the new subscriber gets some neat thing on top.

Feels bad but it makes sense for a business, they have your money already after all.

1 Like

i get 2 gnawed bones

3 Likes

in bird cultured its considered a d…ck move …

but not surprising.

imo blizzard should give free 110 boost to people who were subbed and 100 to those who were not that would be fair

(not that i care because only toons below 100 for me are allied races which i will level without boost for armour sets)

1 Like

and thats why blizz gives current playerbase nothing?

not quite the same. they get a free service almost £49, while we will have to work to get the new mount. not that im saying the mount should be got for free. just saying they’re not comparable.

4 Likes

And we’ve been subbed farming all sorts of things from materials to removed stuff (mage tower)

Still a pretty weird thing to do

Intresting :thinking:

DELETE THIS

the op’s post?
or blizzards action?