Realm Connections -- 5 August

During a scheduled maintenance period (currently planned for 12:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. CEST on Wednesday, 5 August), the following realm connections will be made:

• The Kilrogg, Nagrand, and Runetotem realms will join the Arathor and Hellfire realms.

We are planning more realm connections for low-population realms, and we will post further notifications like this one in the coming weeks.

Thank you!

10 Likes

4 Likes

@Thyvene: I hope this works this time… Also good luck with the US connections on Tuesday!

:crossed_fingers:

Consider Nemesis and Pozzodell’Eternità (Well of eternity) too, please.

6 Likes

Like trelw said, I hope blizzard worked on finding out why connections weren’t going through this last week, considering they are re-trying 1 connection in eu and 2 in us that they had already tried before, and that now they can make them work.

The particular connection linked in this thread regards 2 medium realms, and if done successfully, they’re gonna become high at all times but not full, something along the lines of quel’thalas.

1 Like

Would it be possible to look at all the RP realms too? I have a lot of friends on darkmoon fair/earthen ring but there’s literally very few people on it now. Thanks!

6 Likes

What’s the point of connection alliance realms together? It looks like Blizzard never heard about faction balance, lol.

And then it fails again and they reschedule again.

Faction balance is over-rated.

2 Likes

Good luck Blizzard. I hope the problems are resolved! These connections are super important. I have been wrestling with fears these problems would cause Blizz to cut short the list of connections they had planned. I really hope that won’t be the case.

As others have mentioned, the smaller RP realms are overall quite eager to be connected together. A decently sized community would be a big boon to those realms.

1 Like

I think all going to plan (as in no more connection failures from now on) we can expect a high chance DMF-earthen ring will be connected with sha’tar-moonglade-steemdwheedle, and considering how aggressive they’ve been with some of their connection attempts I wouldn’t rule out a further merger of those realms with defias, making 2 full rp servers with the english language, those and argent dawn as a standalone.

There’s also the possibility they merge one of the 2 smallest connections, maybe DMF with argent, and then sha’tar and the others with defias, in that case you’d have a full and a high pop.

Worst case (for people who want active realms) is we end up with 3 english rp servers: argent, defias as they are now, and DMF + sha’tar and company, as in a full, a high and a medium realm.

2 Likes

So if those 3 realms are connecting to the other 2, that means that people can have all 50 characters on the same realm basically.

You’re spending all your time, outside of your capital, on shards which are being filled by players from all the servers anyway. There’s no need for servers to be balanced, factionwise.

3 Likes

But then how can people make pointless whine posts?

1 Like

Darkmoon Faire/Earthen Ring and Moonglade/Steamwheedle Cartel/The Sha’tar sitting in a tree, C O N N E C T I N G.

Please and thanks.

6 Likes

C’THUN pls

How does this work as when Nargand got linked to us on the realm list says I got 8 characters there click on the realm and zero like it should be?

They can anyway, isn’t there no limit on the amount of characters you can have on one realm?

2 Likes

Are there any planned connections for Lightbringer-Mazrigos? Not that we are in need of them (to my knowledge) but I’m just curious.

Not that anyone outside of Blizzard knows about, but that doesn’t say it won’t happen.

1 Like