2 cool titanforging ideas

Firstly wouldnt it be cool with keystone at the end of the dungeon could have a1% chance to proc to legendary for next run with 1 of the loots being a titanforge .

Secondly instead of il increase on titanforges what about adding a flat dmg increase to a specific spell or ability 1% damage with templars verdict or when you use this ability get a burst of speed’ like some abilitys to specific items in the game allready but not limited to them.

thoughts?

My number 1 suggestion: remove titanforging.

11 Likes

This, this. A thousand times this. Titanforging is a very bad mechanic.

4 Likes

It does look like titanforging may be going but we haven’t got much info on that yet.

not a bad mechanic just remove the il scale over 20 levels

In one of the latest T&E videos, I believe Tali hinted very much that it’s not gone yet on the PTR.

I really hope it gets a non-RNG and non-ilvl replacement though. Warforging + special stat + socket, is enough RNG on gear for me. Don’t need another on top of that.

This will most likely happen and it will lead to even more need to farm content over and over until you get the right item. Like with benthic gear, but instead of paying 5 pearls to roll for a new piece you will have to wait a week and kill a boss again to reroll.
Titanforging was totally fine, but the lobbyists here and on other forums once again forced a change.

1 Like

Yeah because there is not enough RNG already you wanna add even more? Titanforging MUST be made into a player-controlled system where the player does the upgrades. No RNG should be involved.

Your suggestion might sound fun, but when you think about it it’s gonna turn out terrible. Right now a big fat TF will most likely be useful because of the increased ilvl, but if it was to proc some random useless ability dmg increase then it would be worthless. NO RNG for Titanforging! Or just straight remove it altogether.

1 Like

If anything. I am personaly tired of rng. I would rather suggest making so that if you 1 chest a +10, you get 1 "fragment of power " 2 chest- 2 fragments and ect. After combining 20 fragments, you can put an enpowered keystone and a 100% tf loot chance.

Obviosly the numbers and currency ammounts can be debated but the “rng free” idea itself.
Otherwise the “1%”. One person will get his lucky stone after 1 run, other- after 87864848443 runs and still no luck…

Again. Only if you can CHOSE which spell or ability to empower. Otherwise…1% increase on your top hitting spell? HUGE increase. 1% increase on an ability which does less than the auto attack dmg?..
And rng gets to decide who gets what?

No.

Meanwhile nobody talks about the real curse: warforging.

Remove:

1. WF
  2. TF
  3. Socket (at least the chance to get one added to a gear piece)

(Re-)Introduce #1: some token;

1. To upgrade up to 3 (2 if you use 1 socket instead) equipped items by 5-10 ilvls
  2. To add 1 socket to max 1 equipped gear piece (non Azerite)

(Re-)Introduce #2: more balanced main stats // off stats or some reforge function so some 450 pieces are worth a little more the thing I dump in the toilet every day.

:+1:

Get rid of all titanforging. Keep the same ilvl as now, 10 under mythic raid for a 10 key. And bring back actual items, with on chance hits for ST, AoE, survivability. And actually make them rare like a 4% drop chance.

Standardising all items to be the same is ridiculous, no one cares less if you have a 440 ilvl sword from FH or temple. I’ve played classic since launch, cant remember a single name of any of my gear on retail, not one. Where as in classic if you see a BRE, QS, OEB you’re jealous as hell.

TLDR: get rid of tf/wf. Bring back actual rare items that do something lol. Instead of every item having the exact same power just slightly diff secondary stats.

There’s nothing about TF in the current ptr build (but it’s still lacking a lot of other things too) but there is an interface with mother to purify an item.

I think it’ll be the next form or tf, you get a cursed item which you can purify to only keep the buff

Titan-forging will die and it will revert to the same system that is currently used by the Benthic gear. When Benthic gear rolls “war-forged” it only adds a prismatic slot or random secondary stat like avoidance or speed, the main stats and ilevel remains the same which is ilevel 385 for all Benthic gear. To increase the ilevel you must apply some item like mana-pearls to upgrade it.

This was used in part in Legion as well with the crafted gear and obliterum, back when crafted gear was still useful.

#VulperaNeedsDruids

best suggestion chocoh, I agree with that one.

/thread

1 Like

Let’s add one more suggestion to the mix.

2- Remove socket RNG.

I have no problem with WF and TF idea but it should be process controled by a player. Simply if you got your BIS piece of gear you could enhance it by WF/TF essence (residuum, whatever) which could drop in raids/m+/arenas/bgs to get extra stats/socket according to what you choose. It would add an extra layer of gearing process.

Gear drops are totally random and its fine. But enhancing these items in a controlled way would be so much better than current WF/TF random system.

1 Like

I think most people here don’t really understand what RNG means. Adding more instances of RNG doesn’t really lead to increase randomness of outcomes.

If you have 1 coin and you flip it, it’s RNG but it’s binary, you either hit the jackpot or you lose. Now if you have 10 coins, this doesn’t mean it’s 10 times more random, it’s just as random as the first except now the extreme outcomes are less likely and the impact of each flip is reduced.

I just read that this is what actually happened. I hope everyone is happy that titanforging is finally gone.

This is exactly what should be done if they want to be player friendly; allow the player themselves to titanforge their gear through their own input.

Then again, Blizzard doesn’t want to be player friendly, they want you to be online for as long as possible.