2 posts flagged in space of 2 mins

Just going to stir the pot a little bit here…

Taliesin was given Trust Level 3 despite the fact he never posts. :clown_face::nail_care:

3 Likes

E celebs are included in the corrupt forum system. I bet asmongold and all the other cool steamers have it too

yes, but why by whom? what will you do with this information? nothing good comes from it.

3 Likes

Regardless of what kind of responses people get, the same rules apply to everyone. I do love to see the wild conspiracy theories that some come up with. We can all fall foul of the forum rules. Some things will always be a judgement call by the moderators. Some things will also be buried for the wrong reasons.

It does seem to be a common complaint from people who find their posts reported that they struggle to find the exact post in question. It would be nicer if that part could be made more transparent so people don’t have to go hunting.

3 Likes

I think that was Nivmie. I don’t fancy their chances though. They have to find something reportable to qualify.

3 Likes

Thank you for that exactly what I was asking in my OP

I now know what I did and said wrong and I can work on that and do things better .
Its a shame some people had to twist things about and use it for another personal dig at me as usual .

If people actually read what I asked instead of having a go at me ,I was not complaining about warnings I just wanted to know what for .The flags I fully deserved I appreciate that . And I thank Galedron for actually finding them .

I will type more clearly in future and not so brash but I will not appease some forum posters anyways its such a shame that when I log into the game I am spammed with hate mail aswell which blizzard are now looking into .

I can remember a blue saying recently they were working on it . I guess they still are .

3 Likes

No.

The rules apply more to some than to others.

The people on the forum decide who.

By what posts they choose to flag.

If a post doesn’t get flagged, the rules don’t apply.

If a post does get flagged, the rules may still not apply.

Only if a post gets flagged by many, then will the rules apply, because Blizzard will come.

5 Likes

Apologies for the late response, I have been out this evening. I am confused as my post did not mention or infer a conspiracy, wild or otherwise. What I did say is that when a poster is rude and abusive to others, I would hope that such posts would not be encouraged by others, friends or not.

3 Likes

Well yes me and you have been on the end of a lot of ban’s some we both deserve :wink:

I still refuse to believe there is groups working together to flag people if there are why i am on 18 bans when apparently I control one of the said groups and have friends in the admins :rofl:

This I do agree with some post have been flagged and still posting after blatant attacks calling people racists imho is not right .

And i thought i had alot with 5 (minus 1 that got removed)

1 Like

There is not. There’s no conspiracy going on.

But some posters are upheld to the rules more frequently than others, because their posts get flagged more often.

Everyone makes mistakes on the forums once in a while, but if your posts are frequently flagged, then you will be held accountable by Blizzard for your mistakes more often than people who’s posts don’t get flagged very frequently.

I’ve gotten banned a dozen times over the years, I think. But I’ve violated the Code of Conduct countless more times than that. I just wasn’t reported for the other times.

Some people never get reported. So what are the rules to them?

I fully deserved 14 of them I admit I was very rude and hot headed 2 of them were jokes to a friend which somebody got offended for them and the other 2 got over turned but still on my record ,

I will never get TL3 as I am flagged at least once a month some I have not had bans for or been silenced but they still count .I can be blunt and very harsh this is true and I need to relax more and think before typing .

What sickens me is when it carries into the game or on to discord some of the mails I have been sent with the amount of swearing in it and stuff said would make a sailor blush .
Also on discord its easier to block them, ingame the chars are deleted before I can add them to ignore .

Edit ….

I have seen how you have been treated and I have been awful to you at times as well I am sorry for that we are both very passionate about the game but even so some of the post I have seen buried of yours do not deserve it .

I do think they have a naughty list and unless you appeal an actually get somebody to look at the flags they just assume “ah they been bad before lets just auto ban them for X days” moderation needs to be better on EU that’s for sure but I think Rejuve the new blue poster is trying to do things better here .

1 Like

This is so true Jito, but I doubt the moderators have the capacity to read every thread, so they do rely on those that are flagged. I don’t know about others, but believe it or not I rarely flag and when I do it is usually if someone is being abusive to myself or others.

And I would never agree with this either, in game mails or discord are easy to show and I hope the moderators will act on this. I don’t like bullying on the forums or in game, so if you are being harassed then I would suggest reporting this and I am sure it will be investigated.

The hard part is what the GMs have said is putting the poster on ignore ingame as then it will block there whole account but they send the mail then delete the char so I have no char to add so they can carry on doing it .
Discord is easy I don’t answer DM’s unless I know who it is and place them on block or delete .
But it is in blizzards hands now and I have faith it will stop .

Well it’s not really about me. It’s simply a matter of recognizing Blizzard’s shortcomings in terms of moderating the forums instead praising them for ideals they don’t live up to.
The Code of Conduct only applies as much as Blizzard are able to enforce it.
And since Blizzard have had a recent tendency to lay off a lot of staff, the forum moderation is stretched thin. And so Blizzard enforces the Code of Conduct selectively, not equally, because that’s all they can.

But the consequence is that selective moderation affects some more than others.

They have a list of reported posts. Ideally they’ll go through every single report in a chronological order.
But they don’t have the time or man-power for that.
So they sort it by number of flags and look into the posts that have the most. Some don’t get looked into.

There is no naughty-list of posters, but all your past offenses are recorded and kept, and Blizzard has that information to refer to when they review a flagged post of yours – for example if they have to determine if you’re trolling.
You can access this too if you want. Under the GDPR you can request all the data Blizzard has on you – which is a hefty file – and that includes all forum-relevant data as well, such as your suspension history and the reasons Blizzard have attached to each.

You will still have the mail, I would think they would be able to use that for some sort of trace? I don’t know how the system works but I assume they can track accounts, if they can’t then then it’s a flaw in their system and they need to put something in place to stop it.

Yes that’s why they said in the mail they are looking into it and can not give any further information but advise me to put the person on ignore hopefully they can do it for me as I can not perform the action myself as the char no longer exists .
I would put up the screen shot of the mails and the gm mail but without cropping and such things I would worry about breaking rules but if people want to see them they can contact me ingame leaveing a friendly mail :wink:

I think posting such might be against the CoC for posting, if you are sending the mails to the Moderators, then hopefully they will do their job and track this.

Thank you and I hope so .

happened to me as well, nerds mass reporting my posts from 2018 or smth lmao