2 posts flagged in space of 2 mins

I am going to be ‘that person’ and state that it cannot be the greatest sax solo unless the late, great Clarence Clemons played it…

2 Likes

Wasn’t there someone saying they will make sure some people lose their trust level 3 on one of the posts? :thinking:

2 Likes

i thought they did by email no?,they did with mine though thatw as on the old forums…
and yeah, pretty crummy that you’ve had 18, i’m really off the cuff sometimes and i seem to escape their wrath…:slight_smile:

How is that topic related to WOW?

Mods are sleeping again?

1 Like

It’s by the karma farmer gang with popcorn gifs so it’s allowed. Spamming is OK if you’re friend with the mods on Facebook. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Holy moly, this topic proves why these forums are such a waste of time, i mean u basicaly made a topic to cry bcs u got flagged.
A topic about gameplay and wow related things barely gets atention around here.
This looks like some anime forum not a game forum. Big yikes !
Imagine keeping the sub going just to no-life the forums. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Okay I know I will get a lot of hate for this post, but here goes.

I read the original thread where the two posts were flagged (thanks to Galedron for linking). To be fair I read this from the beginning and it all seems to stem from a post from somebody advising ‘to grow a thicker skin’. Not a very helpful comment I agree, but one that is often used on the forums. Whilst we may not agree with such advice, it certainly should not elicit responses such as ‘don’t post’, continuously referring to this person as toxic and ‘all you are is poison’. When another poster pointed out that these responses were perhaps also toxic, they were accused of harassment!! This was not the only post where somebody pointed out that the responses to the ‘thicker skin’ post were OTT. Another poster also stated that they used the ‘grow a thicker skin’ in similar instances, this latter poster was not flamed or called toxic, why is that? Maybe because this latter poster is popular and well liked?

So we then have this current thread where, forgive me for saying it this way, a lot of what I would call the most popular and well respected forum users jump to the defence of the person who was flagged. So this makes me think, is it the popularity of the poster that makes it okay to be abusive to others? Are we back at the school playground with the mentality of ‘you are not friends with my friend, so I can’t be your friend’ scenario?

I would hope that people are able to think for themselves and actually say to any poster (friend or not), well no in this instance you were wrong.

13 Likes

When telling the truth is considered a crime because it hurts feelings. :clown_face: World.

2 Likes

Imma just report this topic to US forums/Warcraftdevs let them see what mods are doing here.

1 Like

I would guess that the mods over here still have to fill in time sheets and reach certain KPIs (whatever they are) so what is happening will be well known.

i want to know why i was flagged

1 Like

It seems the mods removed some of the passive aggressive troll posting and cleaned it a bit.

The EU moderation team is a bunch of “Facebook connected” people, friends with mvps and the usual forum gif spammer no doubt. Banning people at a whim with no regards to context, intent or content of reported post.

After my bans I have emailed corporate and talked the US mods /pr via Twitter and got them to look into it.

2 Likes

Just going to stir the pot a little bit here…

Taliesin was given Trust Level 3 despite the fact he never posts. :clown_face::nail_care:

3 Likes

E celebs are included in the corrupt forum system. I bet asmongold and all the other cool steamers have it too

yes, but why by whom? what will you do with this information? nothing good comes from it.

3 Likes

Regardless of what kind of responses people get, the same rules apply to everyone. I do love to see the wild conspiracy theories that some come up with. We can all fall foul of the forum rules. Some things will always be a judgement call by the moderators. Some things will also be buried for the wrong reasons.

It does seem to be a common complaint from people who find their posts reported that they struggle to find the exact post in question. It would be nicer if that part could be made more transparent so people don’t have to go hunting.

3 Likes

I think that was Nivmie. I don’t fancy their chances though. They have to find something reportable to qualify.

3 Likes

Thank you for that exactly what I was asking in my OP

I now know what I did and said wrong and I can work on that and do things better .
Its a shame some people had to twist things about and use it for another personal dig at me as usual .

If people actually read what I asked instead of having a go at me ,I was not complaining about warnings I just wanted to know what for .The flags I fully deserved I appreciate that . And I thank Galedron for actually finding them .

I will type more clearly in future and not so brash but I will not appease some forum posters anyways its such a shame that when I log into the game I am spammed with hate mail aswell which blizzard are now looking into .

I can remember a blue saying recently they were working on it . I guess they still are .

3 Likes

No.

The rules apply more to some than to others.

The people on the forum decide who.

By what posts they choose to flag.

If a post doesn’t get flagged, the rules don’t apply.

If a post does get flagged, the rules may still not apply.

Only if a post gets flagged by many, then will the rules apply, because Blizzard will come.

5 Likes

Apologies for the late response, I have been out this evening. I am confused as my post did not mention or infer a conspiracy, wild or otherwise. What I did say is that when a poster is rude and abusive to others, I would hope that such posts would not be encouraged by others, friends or not.

3 Likes