2 posts flagged in space of 2 mins

You should get 2 notifications as said. One when your post gets hidden by the community and one when it gets restored by the moderators. The latter should include the ability to click to show the restored post.

Like this:

https://imgur.com/a/gA3ZTeh

https://imgur.com/a/p6YD1k5

(can’t post pictures, because Blizzard bans me at random for no reason, so copy/paste the links)

I mean its what they screamed when urban called out to reclaim the holy land

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPFjFdxiXAU best sax solo in history :smiley: (it’s an actual song, but someone just edited the singing out and made it all sax, like it should be)

3 Likes

you’re in the wrong universe ;s

oke thats creepy. i listened to that song a couple of hours ago. :smile:

edit: the whole song, not this particular video.

3 Likes

It is indeed annoying to be told one of your posts has been flagged but no indication of which post it is.

I’ve had 2 or 3 posts hidden which I’m not too bothered about because all that does is draw attention to the post and I’m sure there are lots of people that will view it just to see what’s so bad about it.

1 Like

Stop sealioning you accuse others of doing the same yet here you are now provoking be a good spartan and act your age .

Lmfao. If picking fights is come across as positive and avoiding confrontation, sure.

2 Likes

Who is being a sealion now ? :slight_smile:

How does it go ?

“Leave the thread waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaa qaaaaaaaa” I think that was your words :slight_smile:

1 Like

Considering I would say you are the definition of a forum troll, I’m not surprised you have so much to say about it, although the personal insults are too far.

As for the topic, looks like your argument with that one person probably means they flagged your posts on alts or something.

unfortunate it wasn’t your last post

2 Likes

Aww ive missed you sweetie ty you looked better as a gnome though .

Just checked my logs, i had a post burried 16days ago. Needless to say nothing happened. Also cant check which one it was within the system. I think i had found it but that was done manually.

Also flagging just because you dont like a guy (without him breaking the forum rules that is) is not really effective anyway. We all know that anyone is going to read a burried post BECAUSE its burried. It draws more attention to it than left unreported.

And just because his/her tone isnt to your liking isnt going to affect it either because the forum mods are more or less the same and they know how certain people type (thats the only explanation i have for why i havent been banned more often)

Ah ye, and alt reporting a post is only getting you banned instead since its against the rules.

1 Like

But the devil is in the details.

It’s Blizzard’s definition of trolling that matters, as it’s outlined in the Code of Conduct. That’s what we all should aim to abide by. That’s what I should aim to abide by. But it’s pretty difficult when it’s so vaguely defined and Blizzard themselves interpret it with quite a lot of freedom.

People aren’t forum trolls. Such a definition doesn’t exist within the Code of Conduct. That’s a made-up term by the community to shame and insult other people – and that is a violation of the Code of Conduct.
Posts can be written with the intent of trolling, and that is a violation of the Code of Conduct, and can individually be reported as such.

On top of that, then people mass-reporting someone for trolling, because they don’t like what that person has to say, or who that person is, or similar, is an abuse of the report function as detailed in the Code of Conduct as well.

But neither the name-calling (accusing someone of being a forum troll) or the abuse of the report function gets any attention from Blizzard.
What does get attention from Blizzard is the post by the person who’s being called a forum troll and who gets mass-reported. He gets scrutinized by Blizzard’s moderators because there’s an angry mob that demands it.

In a sick and twisted way the moderators help facilitate the mob in bullying the individuals. Since it’s the volume of reports that directs Blizzard attention – even if those reports are made in error or with ill intent – then the individuals who are recipients of those reports get extra scrutiny from Blizzard’s moderators.
The lonely cry for help by an individual however, it goes mostly unheard.

Example from the Arena forum:
If 10 people report one of my posts for trolling, then it will immediately be hidden until a moderator looks into it. And if there is the smallest hint of an intention to troll, then I get suspended. And that relies on Blizzard’s vague and loose interpretation entirely.

But if 1 of those 10 people make a post containing name-calling or other insulting remarks about me, and I report it, then nothing happens. Because one report from one person is not enough to direct a moderator’s attention. They simply don’t have the time or the man-power to look into every single report that gets made, so they prioritize the mass-reported posts.

So they help the bullies and leave the individuals to be bullied.

And the IRL example would be:
The people on the Arena forum are white guys.
When I post I’m the black guy.
And Blizzard’s moderators are the police.

3 Likes

to acually show which post was flagged and by whom… that would be helpful too

honestly, this would only escalate things. anonymity makes sense in this case but showing the flagged post would be great.

3 Likes

I was the one that flag spammed you with my 25 other characters. Revenge for putting me on ignore list :stuck_out_tongue:

Low quality jokes aside, you must not tell people blatantly that you flagged them constantly because unlike me there might be kid mentality people who care about getting flagged and flag you back in exchange and since you tell that to at least 10-15 people daily it might be a problem for you.

3 Likes

That might be a sort of bug though, or maybe something in the video address which makes the system confused.
I have np posting youtube vids, but every now and then I get that same message when I want to post a video. I found that to find another version of that video would allow me to post it

Oh Shut up…

Comes in the versions of
“Oh shut up :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
“Oh shut up :crazy_face:
“Oh shut op :flushed: :exploding_head:
“Oh shut up :rofl:
“Oh shut up :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Etc etc

When spoken, we lay the preassure on the word differently, according to what type of context it should be understood, and also have facual expression to further hint how it should be understood.

We do not have that in text, and people - all of us- read text out of our own mood, and out from what we guess someone’s mood is. In text we miss like 80-85% of the communication which would have been between two facing each other.
If someone just got yelled hefty at, most likely they read “shut up” like a very aggressive type of yelling.

I write as a hobby, it’s very deep in me NOT to use smilies. However, many times I have been told I come across as being angry, or negative, when I text with people lol. So I make damn sure to put in a LOT of smilies when ever I write a text, be it messenger or other apps - sometimes I still forget here though :stuck_out_tongue: - because I am actually a very positive, and super calm person.

It takes so little for others to missread/misunderstand texts, and I guess thats why people sometimes are a little fast with flagging. They see an argument, an read the comments as aggressive as can be.
Not saying how you should write your texts here, but try use more smilies, and you’ll see people soften up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the point is that there should be a link to the flagged post in the initial notification. It is rather annoying to have to go back through everything you have posted in order to find out which post has been flagged. Even more annoying when it isn’t actually flagged until quite some time after you posted it.