2400 rating vs. Mythic +10

I struggled to find a single cutting edge. And trust me, last bosses are miles ahead of the rest of the raid in terms of difficulty in most cases.

2 Likes

no they are not just go and read guides for you dps trust me if you play orange logs and have good guild its little bit above lfr

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/11682299?zone=11&mode=detailed
As you can see, I actually did have orange logs back in the days. Some of my guildies did so too. Still, it took us ~200 wipes and a couple of weeks of progress on Gul’dan himself, not to mention the earlier bosses we had to down on our road towards cutting edge. Far more effort than it took me to reach Duelist this season.

Im talking about now and you guildis maybe play greens or blues so its no wonder that it takes more time
if you have orange logs play mechainc and you guild to and still only 3 bosses down i believe you

I’m not even in a guild this tier. Left any form of competitive raiding aside with the beginning of BfA, and the first three bosses have been pugged for easy 445s. Not even attempting Ashvane, as I simply cannot be bothered to put as much time into organised raiding anymore. Went casual, you could say. And somehow, despite my more casual approach to the game, I still managed to reach the Duelist rating despite playing chill 2v2s with a friend a couple times per week… maybe raiding is actually harder than reaching this kind of rating? :thinking:

So as you can see at the beginning you was thinking that more ppl are above 2400 ppl kill azshara but if you watch the ladder and wowprogress you will see you are wrong
dont trust you feelings to much pve is ez and it will be for ever ez
you just need to make more than blue logs :smiley:

Do we have rated leaderboards for any other regions than EU and US when it comes to the rated arena leaderboards, though? I’ve struggled to find the Chinese ones… and if we compare the amount of EU+NA 9/9 mythic guilds to the amount of EU+NA 2400+ players, you get 1640 players who’ve killed Azshara on mythic and 1540 players who’re currently 2400+ rated (and that is without taking people who’ve earlier reached the elite bracket and dropped out of it afterwards which seems to be a fairly common thing as Iook at these leaderboards). Maybe Asia shakes up the results somehow, but I seriously doubt that and I could only find PvE data for their servers.

1 Like

97+ 20= 1940 and not 1640 and thats without sitters
and you can atleast take 20% away from ladder because they are many twinks from this guys as you can see on the names
you come in all brakets together to like 1200ppl with twinks

I only counted in the EU and the NA guilds (which give 55+27 if we were to trust wowprogress) and discarded all the Asian guilds to make things more equal as there was no PvP data for the Asians that I could find, as I earlier posted. The point about people’s alts possibly being in the brackets is a fair one, though. It probably means that you could discard a certain amount of players from the 1540 I’ve posted. However, given how comparable to each other these numbers are if we were to compare them to the overall WoW population… it is a safe assumption to make that BOTH mythic raiding and 2400+ arenas are content done only by a tiny fraction of players and cannot be completed by just about anyone who steps a foot into the raid instance/an arena game. Saying mythic is “little bit above LFR” is an absolute exaggeration and shows that you don’t have much knowledge about completing mythic raids while they are current content.

No you cant do that like this the is a asia site where you can get the info so hf to find the number but it will be not more than 250
so together still only 1400 or less
and azshara 1940 atleast because every guild has player that are not in main raid just for replacement
so the number is bigger than this
on the other side you have the ladder where you can see that there are many twinks just use http s://check-pvp.fr for that so at the end even if it say nothing about pvp and pve like you think
the number is in real double of pvp
And like i said before just wait few months and the number of guilds that clear it will explode but the number of 2400+ will be the same or little bit more

1 Like

Back then being what? You sure as hell needed to PvE to get anywhere in TBC/WOTLK.

MoP and WoD.

1 Like

Might as well leave a comment here so the thing doesn’t get closed

I don’t really think raiding is harder, but simply more time consuming, you need to do more leg work before and need to find 20 people that are not retarded instead of 3.
all 4 things have nothing to do with being difficult skill wise.

BUT it is actually hard to find 20 people that are on a similar level, so you could argue in this way that mythic raiding is harder than 2400 rating.

hard by time:
raids

hard by skill:
pvp

probably go this way

I don’t know about WOTLK but in TBC one did not need any PVE gear for Arena.

1 Like

It depended on the classes you played. Hydra proved you could play rmp in next to no gear but try doing the same with a warrior and good luck to you.

The best time for skill over gear I felt was wotlk season 6 to 8 I’ll ignore the first season since if you weren’t a dk or a survival hunter it wasn’t worth qeuing.

I felt it was quite easy those seasons to outplay people in gear but back then the DPS rotation wasn’t 2 buttons for most classes, if they made dpsing more situational and made the player make more choices especially when coming to cleaving or single target instead of everything being baked in I think you’d find a huge difference in player skill.

If he would care about the pvp blizzard would do:

Gear pvp: resi or buff ilvl in combat jcj (as wod)
Fixed gear: no proc forged by titans no proc gemme etc
Vendor gear pvp.
catch-up system in the season
trinket pve / legendary forbidden in the arena
Gasoline prohibited or free (I like the essence, it adds a little “gameplay”, the way to get is not).
Azerith feature can be disabled in PvP (too much rng and trashbuff unreadable)

Summary: delete the rng, and make things logical.

With all these changes, he could finally be interested in a “balanced pvp” and nerve / up / change some spells.

And if you want my opinion, for the pvp (arena and rbg), he should give a gear free tournaments etc (as in the server tournaments), if he would like their game “esport” , he would do that.

(i m not english)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.