25% Enhancement damage reduction for no reason

I think I speak in name of every Enhancement Shaman.

We don’t understand this massive nerf when literal the uniques problem is Elemental Blast and Lighting Bolt, the amount damage of these two habilites is insane, we know it, so we understood that 25% nerf on those habilites.

But now, 25% damage reduction to Stormstrike, Crash of Lighting, Lava Lash etc, literal will make Enhancement a Joke, doing more damage with Stormstrike from Wotlk than Dragonflight.

I hope you consider this and listen the community, and nerf only the damage of Elemental Blast+Lighting Bolt and maybe Sundering, even Doomwinds If you want, but only if increase the duration of the spell to 12.

24 Likes

The problem is not the damage of ele blast/LB, since they are supposed to hit like a truck, and a nerf was SUPPOSED to happen, just NOT 25%.

The second largest nerf was ww, which was on par with us, but their nerf was to the range of 12-15%. On the other hand, we got gutted and went from top 3-5 specs in prepatch to worst 3 (if not worst overall).

It is GOOD it is a blanket nerf (cause it does not change the playstyle) and we deserved a nerf, but 25% is TOO much for prepatch.

6 Likes

Its so damn frustrating because i hoped alot when the prepatch went live and i liked the burst in a way. I have to feel happy with an expansion as an enhancement since Pandaria. Games are meant to be enjoyable!!! Its so many years that i dont enjoy playing my main character… :frowning:

5 Likes

This just feels bad… :confused:

3 Likes

does anyone know if it’s exclusively a pre-patch nerf? it will it likely stay active in DF?

1 Like

It was not planed that Enhancer, Survival or Feral get a signifikant place in WoW!
They exist to give the feeling of a choice but this is nonsense. Blizzard wants MM, BM, Ele or Boomkin in the slots. So, damage or play fun in the alibi classes is a mistake and will be asap corrected.
Hard but true

2 Likes

The nerf is for pre patch and Dragonflight, for some reason, some of the developers hate enhancement so hard.

4 Likes

Even though these nerfs were aimed at pve, this will have an horrible impact in pvp as most of our damage was coming from highly modified ele blast and lightning bolts. I think a better nerf will be to reduce the modifiers on maelstrom spent abilities or cap overflowing maelstrom at 150%. Most of our abilities such as stormstrike, lava lash, icestrike do not hit for much at all and I think a flat out 25% dmg nerf is just ludicrous; not the ideal way to balance the spec.

4 Likes

Im totally agree, for me, i think they only just should active that nerf for elemental blast and lighting bolt, the rest habilities dmg is fine, or if you want to nerf pve, do separetly from pvp…

it’s so dumb, surely put it on Beta first, start at 10% if it’s still not enough up it to 15%. a knee jerk 25% flat dmg reduction is a) super lazy b) incredibly knee-jerk and c) such a blatant disregard to the player base. wtf

1 Like

This is what they always do… enhancement is atm pretty good on dps (not even close to 25% dmg above the rest) and then they destroy it. i would like to know why blizzard hates enhancement this much…

also i see they made tweaks to other classes also but there they atleast look at the skills them selves and adjust it. how is a total spec wide 25% nerf even possible. i would like to see the numbers where we are 25% higher on dps then all other classes? looking on warcraftlogs we are never top dps on fights so what are they thinking… please keep enhancement viable not destroy it like you do every expansion

1 Like

I don’t know where they get these numbers to decide such nerfs, i think they are either playing darts and wherever it lands they nerf for that amount.

Or they have some “internal testers” That don’t actually test properly.

The only thing i am glad for is that they left mechanics untouched, so enhancement will still be very fun to play.

But this is straight up insane, not even ww monk got such a nerf, and ww was pulling ahead of enhancement.

I mean, aside this, some of the changes were straight up nonsense, like the 15 % nerf on aimed shot, like what? Are you serious?

5 Likes

Honestly a 25% to everything?! We wasn’t 25% ahead of everyone, yes we needed scaling back but 25%!? You’re gutting it. Start small at 10-15% and monitor from there. There are classes still doing the same dmg getting way less of a nerf leave my white damage out of this mess

3 Likes

It’s obvious that they overdid it, but that’s not what makes me angry. What makes me angry is the picture in my head of some brainless developer who came to the idea to simply, withouth any background and reason, completly destroy a class.
And we will all be a withness in next patch that we are right after they buff it again.
But the question is how long this incompetent morons are gonna sit there and do stuff like this. I dont know if calling someone an incompetent moron is banable if he is an incompetent moron.

7 Likes

We all know why … we are all long time enha shamans here, and we all damn well know why it got nuked instantly …

1 Like

25% nerf on everything is way too much, and a very lazy way to try and tune things.

4 Likes

It’s like deleting it completely. They want us to fight for spot with tanks who probably will do more dmg now.

2 Likes

We are not allowed to have fun

3 Likes

Last time when the did something like this was before WoD.
Then for the WHOLE FREAKING EXPANSION enhancement shaman was unplayable spec. GG Blizz, the biggest nerf in wow history without ANY explanation.

Well… it seems that we do not deserve the explanation. What a lack of respect to the playerbase!

2 Likes

they wont ban u for telling the truth :smiley: braindead moves like this call for reaction like this…

2 Likes