Covenant Legendary Tuning

Following further review and testing, we’ve decided to strike two of these changes:

Priest

• Kyrian - Spheres’ Harmony: Cooldown reduction increased to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds) and cap increased to 80 seconds (was 60 seconds).

Warrior

• Venthyr - Sinful Surge: Condemn now extends the duration of Recklessness by 1.5 seconds (was 2 seconds).

But still nothing for Paladins?

Thank god, I am glad that you rethought that decision. My thanks to the team, now just a few percentages more for bloodthirst/rampage and all is gucci :smiley:

1 Like

Hey, good to see you’re working towards re-tuning the new legendaries. If I may suggest, the buff to Venthyr legendary for mages still makes it nowhere near competitive compared to the other options we have. I’d be more aggressive with the changes. Buff it to 7-8 seconds and I think it’ll come a lot closer to the other legendaries, most likely still wouldn’t be stronger than them!

Explain me why u reverse half of the priest buff? Disco never got any love from blizz. Only parses they did comes from plenty of buffs and help from raid party. We want to compete in m+ like other classes. Make everything playable like on Legion for every class. People want fun, not random design and nerfing everything which could be funny.

We’ve added one additional update, which is now available for testing on the PTR along with the rest of this package.

Paladin
Kyrian – Divine Resonance: Reduced the duration of Divine Resonance to 15 seconds (was 30 seconds).

Holy paladins are going Venthyr anyway, you just butchered Protection Paladin viable legendary. I don’t even bother to make it now.
You just pissed off another supporter of Shadowlands 9.1 but it’s just me, who cares. I’m sure other paladins agree with this nerf.

1 Like

Not sure about that. For pugging Divine Toll seems a lot better than Ashen Hollow.

Can you not change legendaries less than a week before they come out?
I already pooled the ash and bought the base item and 4 days before i can use it, you go “Bazinga!”.
Are you kidding me? Revert that over the top nerf to the kyrian paladin legendary.

Btw you nerfed Kyrian Holy paladin damage too last nerf, cause of the Venthyr ones. Kyrian was not OP, but lets nerf anyways. Ofc the same for necro and NF ones. You nerfed one and screw the rest.
What happened to my meaningful choice, that was not OP but keeps getting the nerf? Just stop.

Kind of your own fault.
Actually, scratch that, literally entirely your own fault lmao.

Perhaps. So obviously now you have 3 Divine Shields instead of 6, 1 every 5 seconds. It doesn’t even feel appealing anymore, I’ll just stick with the 30% chance of a proc thank you very much.
Demon Hunters tanks are forced into Kyrian, god forbid.
Whatever, who cares anymore. I’ll play just to play but it’s becoming harder and harder logging nowadays :sob::sob:

100% agree. Never preorder anything, always wait for reviews first.

Yes, i know. Why should i make a decision with the in-game information? Totally my fault.

So, what exactly is the alternative scenario you’re proposing?

That Blizzard actively doesn’t make balancing adjustments because a minority of players have locked themselves into a decision before they had to make it for no reason?

And you think I’m the one in the upside down world…

Erm… we have a PTR and the thing was not insanely overtuned. Survival hunters will still do more DPS.
So, what sort of last second tuning is this? The change was insane as well. An adjustment i could see but 50% is screwing with us.

Right. It should have been adjusted earlier. But it wasn’t. We have to move forwards. We can’t actively not make improvements.

I am 99% sure the guide you’re using that told you to craft this Leg would have told you to wait, or that things could change.
You’ve been playing WoW since 2008. Longer than me. You know how this works by now.

Can you like for one tier stop showing your bias for a couple of classes (mage, hunters in particular). Ret isn’t strong and its high on current logs only due to the huge amount of wing procs on progression. It ain’t fair when fire is bad for 1 tier to instantly buff them and when ret is good for one tier to instantly gut them.

It’s not an improvement. It’s an unnecessary change.

Another kick in the teeth for Ret paladins.

As plenty have mentioned, all that development time (and it has been a lot) has been wasted. If it remains as it is now, legendary will most likely be dead on arrival.

Very few people will craft it - which means less game time in Torghast, farming gold if necessary etc (this is a very valid point considering the direction the game has been heading recently).

And of course, literally no one will be happy with this change. Not only does this bar Ret paladins from finally bringing really decent damage in raids (they don’t bring any utility compared to other classes) but it also deprives Prot paladins (which are also subpar) from having a decent legendary alternative.

On the other hand, there are plenty of other legendaries from other specs that perform much, much, better compared to Divine Resonance (Venthyr Druid, Venthyr Rogue, Warrior, Hunter, and so on and so forth).

Please revert the change.

I am shocked by this as a ret. It’s roughly a 4% nerf to overall damage when equipped compared to previous version. This is disgusting, and uncalled for. It’s still going to be the best for ST (barely), but for anything with sustained cleave or aoe, tempest is going to be king. However, the gap between DR and the likes of TV means I might have to maintain now 5 Legos just for ret, like MJ for keys for example. I refuse to do that, and for the first time, since I started playing in WOLTK, you are making me re-roll. I am sorry, but I am not maintaining 5 Lego’s to try to be relevant for mythic plus and raids. I don’t have that time.