30-minute queues for Solo Shuffle being reported from US forums

People are going to regret asking Blizzard to remove tanks.

1 Like

Not really.

1. Solo queue is scuffed pre-patch content.

2. Few people can be bothered to play when games get ruined by people that care about their precious prepatch off season rating and leave.

3. Every match has at least 1 DH that at a minimum doubles everybody’s damage with their eyes closed and pressing 1 2.

4. Evokers are live in NA so obviously massive amounts of people are going to be playing that.

5 Likes

As explained already, there’s an effect on the player base as queue times goes up. Eventually, there will be people who will adjust the split in the player base on their own, simply because they want faster queues. In other words, there’ll be people who will stop queuing for shuffles as a DPS and others who will reroll healers to queue for shuffles, which will bring the queue times down that way.
Different rating ranges got different splits in the player base for roles as well.

The real problem is that healing isn’t seen as enjoyable in a heavy burst meta, so it points more towards core issues in gameplay design which Blizzard will be forced to address eventually.

However, tanks have no place in deathmatch PvP. It’s just a shame they didn’t disable the ability to queue as that role completely, but this is good enough for now.

Also, there will be tanks who will reroll to prot palas if they aren’t playing that already, because they’ll want tank queues. So they’re not gone entirely, it’s just limited to prot palas now.

2 Likes

Half of players don’t have a heal spec though, so saying the queue will be shortened when people simply stop queueing isn’t a solution. We’ll see, if queues for dps stay are going to stay >20 minutes though I think it won’t be long before people start begging Blizzard to allow tank games again.

Not really. It’s good riddance. Be gone, and stay gone. A few people saying they’re ok with tanks doesn’t matter whatsoever. People wanted you gone, so you’re gone. Good luck getting rating now, mr. Tank.

Nice little edit you did there. However, you do realise most people have at least 1 alt, right? And I said they’d either quit queuing or reroll to healer, while tanks will reroll to prot palas, all of which will bring queue times down. So yes, that is a solution.

It’s just sad watching you so desperately cling to the tank shuffles. People wanted you gone, so you’re gone. Deal with it. And have fun trolling low ratings.

You’re acting like everything is set in stone and they can’t switch tank games back on in a split second. Just wait a few days when the forums are full of people complaining about 30-minute queues, Blizzard will be forced to act.

They really won’t be.

For one, Blizzard made these changes while acknowledging the complaints about tanks, implying that they too recognize the problems people complained about. Blizzard are also qualified enough to realise that these effects I mentioned, takes time. People don’t just swap when feeling perfectly satisfied, those changes in roles played are often motivated by dissatisfaction with what they used to play.

So if you think they’ll turn it back on in a few days, then you’re straight up delusional.

But have fun with those lies you tell yourself. I can see it’s working out great for you.

1 Like

It’s a sacrifice i’m willing to make. Nothing more useless then having a tank with you.

3 Likes

Ironically I bet you’re going to quit playing solo shuffle because of the long queues and then pat yourself on the back saying 30-minute queues is preferable to having tanks.

You again! Ahhh

You really like running with your head against a wall, eh?

Tanks have only a place in arena when the survivability and dmg are the same as other dps. But because they are TANKS and are there to TANK dmg it’s horrible to balance in a TEAM DEATHMATCH.

They need a complete separation from the normal talent tree and make a pvp only one. But they are not gonna do that. So that’s why the majority of the pvp player base dislikes them and just wants them removed.

Hope you get it now.

1 Like

What are you even talking about? Tanks already take 50% more damage in pvp. In some cases they’re even easier to kill than dps specs.

You know what’s impossible to balance in team death match? A role that presses one button and heals someone instantly to full.

I never saw a tank die faster then a dps, if he had good gear. What you mentioned happens if tanks have Pve or bad gear.

I play as shadow to 2,4k. in shuffle. It was horrible. About every third game I had was a tank game.

You know how I had to play when I got into a tank game?

Let’s say both sides got a prot warri and everyone else accept me was mele.

I stayed on my mount and run around, because I knew they will go on me, every round.
I waited till I got stunned, still waited 50% of that stun on my mount and dispersed. Then I run around more, can’t be slowed, still on the mount.
When they got me again trinket und cc burst try to help my team the last 10s-20s.

If I would fight from the start the hole game would be over in no time.

You said you had a priest, if you would have played shadow you would understand me. Now they thankfully changed it so I don’t have to play hide and seek. I can actually play the game.

Not exactly, there’ll still be prot pala vs. prot pala tank shuffles with no healer, and when you get a non-prot pala tank in a shuffle with 2 healers then either you or your healer will be the automatic target for the enemy team and won’t let you do much “playing” while on the tank’s team, unless the tank is poorly geared as you mentioned. :laughing:

The real difference from these changes is that Blizzard has secured a higher average supply of healing in every shuffle, compared to before. But that doesn’t mean you won’t be the target of CC or interrupt when on a tank team. :laughing:

They changed something with matchmaking, even healers wait 4+ minutes now.

I was hoping they wouldn’t do it, but it could be explained by non-prot pala tanks getting into their own queues. I was hoping they’d just put them in line with all the DPSers, but if they’re given special priority in the matchmaking then it can really mess things up. For everyone else, that is.

What a shocker. Told you this blizzard’s decision is pure trash idea.

Well, its bad, but hey, u pay the price for beeing the easy 90% role. :slight_smile: be it solo or rated 2v2 3v3

1 Like

I did see a SPriest on a stream with 2 tanks and 3 melee and it was hilarious but quite sad
 The priest was zugzuged in the first 15 seconds of every round and there didn’t seem to be anything anyone could do to prevent it!

It was a low MMR game for him too, he lost nearly 100 rating from losing all 6 rounds.

2 Likes

Oh, this is even better. New shuffle, win round 1, starting round 2 and I dc/crash, quickly log back in and I’m removed from the game and i lost 100 rating. Very motivating.

If people didn’t abuse the lack of penalty for leaving a Solo Shuffle, this would not be an issue. Sadly people kept leaving out of spite like little children, so these penalties are now in place. :man_shrugging: