30 yard range is considered melee damage?

I started played Retri cause blizzard broke the mage. And when i choose class it says melee damage. So im wondering why they have so many spells with 30 yards range. It doenst seem melee to me…!

They dont have 30yards the max range on a few abilities IF they have TALENTED in to it is 20yards and that exist to compansate for crap mobility.
instead of increasing mobility of the spec they made some abilties have a further range.
Most abilities are still melee range or at max 3yards outside of melee even with a talent.

Could you at least use the real numbers when you make a topic like this?

Rogue has further reach then ret and feral has the same range.
And they have had increased reach for expansions now.

Ranged range is not 30yards as it was back a long time ago it is 40yards now.

Yes they do, judgament and hammer of wrath, but those two had the same before as i remember. Blade of justice and Final Verdict got 20yard randge and Templar 8.

hammer of wrath 30 yards
blessing of protection 40 yards
judgement 30 yards
flash of light 40 yards
final verdict 20 yards
blessing of freedom 40 yards
and its considered mele class lol

1 Like

Been 30yards forever that has been the case from VANILLA world of warcraft.

A buff used to be 30yards from vanilla it was increased to 40 because the ranged players got increased range from 30yards to 40 some time ago.

Has always been longer than melee range from the games start.
Has been 20 or 30yards for EXPANSIONS already this is not a new thing and worthless to talk about.

Has always been 40yards and need to be that for Holy Paladin to function as a healer.

Requires a talent that increases your single target but it is not the best talent for aoe it also exist because the MOVEMENT of ret paladin SUCKS.
But yes it is 20yards as i said at the comment you are replying to.

Is a buff needs to be 40yards to be able to reach RANGED players.

And you are using heals and buffs as your reasoning for this things that needs to be this way because ranged got increased range from 30yards to 40yards.

ret does not need 40 yards range i agree holy do. Try play frost mage in arena vs ret/war/dk/rogue/feral and let me know how ranged you feel.

It has had it for literally many many expansions and you did not have a problem with it then.
It is the same for everyone.
It needs to be 40yards for Ret because of PvE.
Those abilities that are 40yards ARE BUFFS OR HEALS NOT anything that can hit an enemy.

max range for an ability that hits an enemy is judgment with 30yard range.
In return for the having some ranged abilities the mobility of ret is real bad.

But my point is that you make the claim here that it is 30yard range reality is that it is 20yard on final verdict and blade of justice everything else is 8yard or shorter it still costs talent points to get there.

Mage has gotten a LOT of defensive cooldowns to help with what you are talking about it is not a glass cannon.

lol 1st i was talking about pvp not pve. and glass cannon is fire not frost. Maybe you get your numbers right first

And that is 100% irrelevant as you have to understand how the game works because you really have no clue if you think you can say that in this game.

Maybe you should learn about what you are actually talking about first because so far you have shown you have no idea how the game functions or even what a class is in this game.

If a melee shouldn’t be able to do anything range does that mean that the range classes shouldn’t be able to do anything in melee range?

try play frost mage in arena and let me know how ranged you feel!!

Literally irrelevant just because you got killed by a melee player does not give you the right to lie about them.

As a frost mage you have passive slows on the horse from a paladin making it worthless you have spell steal for the freedom and more.
Try to play better next time.

yeah and take glass cannon too as frost lol. you have no clue. And you certainly dont have a clue about frost mage

God damn it you really did not get what was said at all did you?
The point is that you have a MASSIVE amounts more buttons to help you with defensive abilities these days that did NOT exist in the past do you understand this now?

haha your funny guy, i have 15 years experience playing mage.

And yet you have Zero experience in understanding what you are doing.
As you have shown right here.

Is it so hard to not lie about things for you?

says who another mage ? its so obvious to see you never played frost mage in arena. Lets stop i will find a guy who at least have some experience as frost to talk with. Your too toxic too

You are not talking about a frost mage topic.
You are not even talking about a PVP topic.
But when i play mage i do play Frost mage.

It is only useful as a reference point for why you have the opinions you have on the topic, the topic you have made has Nothing to do with mage.

Do you not understand this?

If you do not want to understand that is on you but it is not nice to lie about how others are like you did in the title of this topic and in your topic.

Remember to take your glass cannon next time you play frost mage.

2 Likes

Bro don’t listen to them, just watch the best in the world beat him to a pulp. Think if the game is difficult and requires dedication and skill and brains far fewer people would play, therefore far less money. If they think they are good, let them be happy.