30KB/S download speed. Remove the throttle

The list is insane with the amount of people talking about slow download speed. But 30kb/s blizzard?

5 Likes

what laptop do you have? could be that.

yep bnet agent updates very slowly
facepalmdevelopers

Is the download still similar to a torrent download? Downloading from multiple players.
Or has it moved to direct download from the server?

just what kind of geniuses you need to be to UPDATE THE CLIENT ON THE DAY OF THE ADDENDUM RELEASE

Are you sure itā€™s not self-imposed in the Battlenet app? There should be an option to unthrottle it. I just got an update 10 mins ago and it flew through.

The future sems bright ā€¦

what a Spanish shame

Yep, again this is going in.

I had 180 mb/s on steam the other day downloading a game but blizzard is trying to tell me my internet is 30kb/s like weĀ“re in the stone ageā€¦ for sure buddy, fix your servers.

(I know what I wrote, and I meant " mb/s " and " kb/s ")

1 Like

I was also unpleasantly surprised by the very low download speed and this is on a 1Gb/s channelā€¦

Hello all, and thanks a million for the reports!

Would you mind making sure that the download rates in the Battle.net App settings are set to allow unlimited speed? Details on how to do so are available here.

While it may not help in every single situation, it may still help some in maximizing or restoring the normal download speeds.

Set to unlimited, still 35 KB/s

1 Like

I also have ā€œDownload restrictionsā€ - all the boxes are unchecked

Quickhack but watch out!

So this bug? that the download speed is slower than i type things myself is old and hits every now and then.

The workaround so far was to go to your WoW installation folder and start the wow.exe, close it and the update would complete instant.

I tried that and the result was a error message and my download bricked - but after a PC restart it went smoothly and the download completed.

Could be random and not related but worked for me.

At your own risk - go to wow install folder, start wow.exe, restart pc, start downlaod again.

3 Likes

Nothing works, Diablo does this too.
I donā€™t even want to play, I just want to finish so I can shut down the computer.

In case you havenā€™t done so already, make sure to go to the launchers downloadspeed limiter and turn it on.
Now enter a big number like 99999999 in the max speed limiter.

Unlimited speed in settings, still downloading at 15 kBps.

1 Like

try to pause it and then start it again. Dont close launcher

Starting wow.exe worked but tbh something is terribly wrong with the update agent. Even run as administrator blocks it down to 15 kb/s

Tried downloading beta battle.net but goes just as slow as updating a game.

Damn is that the way to go? I exited bnet and re-opened, and the initializing/update took like 2 seconds.