30KB/S download speed. Remove the throttle

Same here, I’m located in Sweden. Tried pausing/unpausing, reinstalling bnet but still 30kb/s. Now stuck on initializing aswell…

same here can’t finish the update like 2 h 20-30 k speed

same here. cmon blizzard what is going on

Had the same issue today- had it before.

Fixing the problem was: open bnet app - start your download - i says 34kb/s
Open your taskmanager- kill the bnet agent. Your download would stop in the app, if you click to continue it will download on normal speed.

You guys are welcome.

doesnt work :confused:

Same here. months with this problem and they don’t fix it.

1 Like

good job blizzard :confused:

1 Like

same for Ukraine and my friend from Slovakia

Greece here. Initializing for 30 mins, now downloading with 200kb/s. And no, I’m on desktop with a super fast fiber connection that right now has zero issues (just tested). Killing bnet agent didn’t do it for me, tried multiple times.

same from Germany
10 - 30kb/s its a joke

1 Like

Same . why blizz

20kb/s with Starlink cmon Bliz I have just 1-2 hrs per day and now you decided to limit speed ?!?

1 Like

I hate this. I’m mac user, so WOW.exe is not working. I always force quit at activity monitor agent and app than it was working, for months i’m dealing with this. Today, whatever i tried it does not download. I’m waiting for apprx 300 mb for hours. Also fyi i tried to ‘delete’ cataclysm, it does not work too! So i force shutdown app, now when i try to update retail it says ‘‘internat error occured. Please wait a few moments?!’^(hours?) and try againg’'.

billion dollar company btw actually kill urselfs

'literally sitting on 5kbs are you actually rtarded? useless company trash kys

The problem is that you don’t download the patch content from Blizzard. The only thing you download from Blizzard is the torrent tracker (the initializing phase).

Blizzard use torrents to download the patch content from… ALL the other users who have already downloaded it.

That post is completely outdated, FYI. The link in it to further details is also broken.

Can we please get up to date instructions on how to fix this? Been waiting for an hour for a 136MB patch to download, with 300Mb connection.

This is just how its been with every patch for a long time now.
Either stuck on initializing, or super slow download speeds, regardless of speed limit settings or the internet connection speed.
Would be good with a solution to this.

same thing going on here, what in the home if bit’s n’ bytes is going on blizz?

What worked for me to get ingame.

1. Exit the Battle.net completely.
  2. Go to your Retail folder where WoW.exe is located and run it as administrator.
  3. Game should run and you have to manually log in with your credentials.
  4. Rerun the Battle.net once in game.

A “fix”:

1. Close Battle.net
  2. Run VPN with USA server
  3. Launch Battle.net
  4. Profit