Patterns within patterns quest

dont worry. u just lost about 33 bosses worth of rep.

Managed to get up to 58% of the quest thingie today… not looking forward to doing it every 3 days with such slow progress…

Just another time sink thingie.

It does feel bad to see the bar move so slowly. I understand that it’s a bi-weekly quest, and hat it shouldn’t be done super fast, but it shouldn’t take longer than the weekly quest in Korthia. It’s illogical. :confused:

Most impartantly: it shouldn’t resett. You already lose the oportunity to accept another quest if you don’t finish it in time, no need to have the allready made progress go poof!

3 Likes

This. I don’t have time for these daily grinds. It is annoying seeing all your progress going away, and a new impossible quests pops up because you got too many evenings(days) you can not play at all. When i am at 39% just let me keep the 39%. Resetting it to 0 does not make my chances higher to complete it. If it takes me 2 weeks to complete 1 of those quests, let me do it in 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the feedback on the “Patterns Within Patterns” quest. We also agree that the 3-day timer doesn’t offer enough flexibility to complete its requirements multiple times a week.

With next week’s scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, the 3-day quest “Patterns Within Patterns” will become a Weekly Quest, and both its completion requirements and rewards will be increased to provide the same pace of progression.

We feel that a full week duration, along with commensurate amounts of Cosmic Flux and other rewards, better suits this quest. We hope this change alleviates the concern some players had over completing it multiple times a week. :blush:

18 Likes

Well then, no need to rush here on, as it will work like the Korthia bar. Or so I guess.

Good change. Thanks for jumping on that one.

1 Like

But will the progress already done during one week (without completing it) also be carried into the next week like it was the case for “Shaping Fate”? That would be the real deal for me, although having 7 days instead of 3 to complete it is nice, too.

1 Like

It is really awesome. This means i can have some days off and still fill the bar, and when i get some extra time during the weekend i can maybe do it on an alt too :slight_smile: Thumbsup!

1 Like

You should make it more like the korthia weekly. So the progress carries on for the next reset if you didn’t complete it. So if you have 25% week 1, you’ll still have 25% on week 2 after the reset.

1 Like

i just gotta ask, if ppl play so little, does it even matter at that point. that being said, i do agree.

Sure, having 14 extra chests from alts doing only the world boss each 4 weeks brings quite some anima / gold.

Awesome! Thanks :blush:

It does matter. It’s annoying as hell. I was at 80% on the first one, I wouldn’t have been so annoyed by missing the first one if I could get the second one fast but nooooooo, it reset back to 0.

Can we expect the rewards to be multiplied by ~2.35?

We also agree that the 3-day timer doesn’t offer enough flexibility to complete its requirements multiple times a week.

Not sure how much more lax it could get unless people just don’t want to play the game, in which case why do they care that much about getting the quest done to begin with? The zone already feels like it’s devoid of anything to really do since mounts / rare drops seem to have been axed in favor of being forged rather than dropping - I’d much rather the forge had been bad luck protection rather than the only route.

I don’t particularly mind it going to a weekly instead of the weird bi-weekly status, but the sentiment that there wasn’t enough time to do it seems bizarre to me and makes me worry it’s the reason the zone feels so empty.
I hope there’s more to do in the zone as the weeks tick by and hopefully research opens up something but currently it’s 1-2 days after the patch and it feels like there’s 30-50 minutes of content. It’s a bit disheartening when you actively want to play the game and we’ve just been through a pretty bleak content drought.

I hope this isn’t because the developers think anything more than that is “too much”, but if they think people can’t get Patterns Within Patterns done over 3 days then maybe it is.

I mean with dailies/wqs + few rares/chests on the way it was easy to fill the bar. I don’t really understand how people struggled that much to fill the bar. Took an hour or two tops to fill it with just one day’s worth of dailies/wqs and farming a bit of rares, 3 days seems plenty. But like you said, I guess people just don’t want to play the game :man_shrugging:

Main “problem” really is the bar resett; it takes progress away from your char. And of course I’m not talking about chars you actively play: it doesn’t take long to fill the bar, indeed, but I’m talking about chars that will only do the world boss. It’s nice to have some extra loot every 4 weeks from “Shaping Fate” and I’m hoping for the same with “Patterns”.

So in a patch that’s devoid of content you are giving us even less to do. A win for the lazy.

1 Like