Class Tuning in Progress -- 20 April

Please work on BM thank’s

Well done! Absolutely needed nerf for warlocks.

Not really.

Dest’s rotation isn’t something difficult. Difference in skill surely exists but pugs don’t create a spesific team around Dest Lock for it perform at highest nor do people try to min-max as intense as the top teams.

There is a reason the nerf targeted 8+ mobs. Its not your everyday players causing the spec to do out of charts damage.

2 Likes

this nerf is huge regarding some dungeons, it could mean that the best runs for certain dungeons is already done and its not gonna be easy to beat the old pre nerf runs, so leaderboards on live server will be kinda fake. i suggest to delete old runs with surv hunters and destro locks from IO.

2 Likes

There are better runs with Sub Rogues in them intead of Dests.

After further investigation, we’re revisiting our adjustment to Destruction Warlock and lowering Inferno’s target threshold to 5. We’re finding that this synergy is still overperforming at 8 targets due to the resource generation and by adjusting this we avoid having to make changes that could affect Destruction’s lower target count output.

Warlock

• Destruction
    • Inferno (Talent) now has a reduced chance for Rain of Fire to generate Soul Shard Fragments when it deals damage beyond 5 targets (was 8).

Can you then look at BM please and other under performing specs like feral druid as well thanks. Instead of nerfing other specs enhance and buff others you know actually keep the game fun ?

5 Likes

But fun is not allowed isn’t it?

4 Likes

good, now it’s actually a nerf instead of a completely meaningless gesture. the previous 8 target cutoff did nothing because you could easily sustain rain of fire every gcd at 6-7 targets anyway.

This! Buff other classes. M+ is no fun at all if one need to be carried by hunters - regardless of their spec - or other classes with low cd cooldowns.

Also redesign Urh to lower CDs proportional to the cooldown timer. Classes with long cds should benefit more from urh than classes with lower ones.

The changes won’t change much in the meta

2 Likes

BM? Are you serious? you have 2 specs rocking the charts and BM is still very good on tyrannical weeks. I think you are referring to a skill issue bothering you, right?

1 Like

bm is kinda bad atm, and while its st is not bad, u can look at raid logs that it actually aint that good…

Beside, most hunters wants to play a range hunter, its just meta now because surv is broken, and it will get nerfed. so u got 1 option as bm hunter that is mm, and mm is super boring caster build. all u do as 4p aimedshot is aimedshots kinda. never played such a uninspired spec.

one could almost compere current MM hunter to a classic frost mage, who spam frostbolts all day long

https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowlands-dps-rankings-in-season-3-week-6-mythic-sepulcher-of-the-first-ones-326658 bm pretty much been trash all s3. for raid and m+.

The buff will come soon enough.

3 Likes

I have to agree here about the boring 4pc caster spec mm has become.
Like, if I wanted to cast endlessly i wouldve been a mage or something.

2 Likes

and its perfeckly ok . game hsould never be tuned around top 1 % - because then you get failed expansions like Legion-SL .

its ok for people to do crazy stuff in game once they are geared and they are skilled. its a game not life after all.

4 Likes

my rapidfire build sims about 2.5k to 3k lower, so its not even a option.

2 Likes

BM 2set and 4set rework when?

1 Like

2.5 to 3k lower is still ahead of other classes. MM and BM are very viable and MM is easily doing 17k+ in m+ with 4 piece. WCL is speaking a clear language.

Hunters problems are world first problems.

Blizz should buff other classes and ignore hunters for a while as they are fine, even with those baby nerfs.

Try playing feral instead. And you will see that Warlocks have it easier in almost every way possible.

3 Likes

Neither is havoc’s rotation, but there is still a huge difference between a good havoc player and a bad havoc player. I’m somewhere in the middle. A good player could probably get 2 - 3k more out of my character in certain keys, a bad player around 5k less.

Sensibly, they’ve recognised that the mob count wasn’t low enough and have now adjusted it to 5+ mobs.

BM is pretty trash at the moment. It’s something that needs to be fixed long term because it doesn’t scale well with increased stats, so it tends to slip down towards the bottom of the performance charts as each expansion goes on.

I actually feel the opposite about BM vs MM. MM is (or was until the tier set) the more interesting spec, but BM is the only ranged spec I can tolerate because it doesn’t have to stand still. The rotation is incredibly boring, though.