SoM Transfers

Hello,

(Update, there is currently 0 raiding guilds now on SoM). Only a gdkp.

My guild is one of the 5 Alliance guilds remaining. I’m interested in hearing a rough estimate of when SoM transfers will come.

We are unable to safely recruit for our guild on Wrath because we do not know which realm we will be able to transfer to and when.

I’ve seen threads about “lol wait until November haha” but surely even with the limited resources SoM has had; you wouldn’t be so foolish to allow so many people to miss Wrath when the current state of SoM is ultimately 5 active guilds and 3 of them intend to quit for prepatch.

I would highly encourage them to be available sometime during prepatch, or essentially SoM will be a graveyard waiting room. Less people during Wrath prepatch/launch benefits no one, and Classic Era realms are already spamming their recruitment macros on SoM global chats everyday pretty much all day which kinda shows they’re probably worse than us and want the very few people who may transfer to era to do it sooner rather than later.

The majority of us enjoyed SoM, but it benefits us all to have transfers during prepatch. Those who want to play Wrath can enjoy it, and those who want to help Classic Era can.

Thanks.

24 Likes

I cannot imagine transfers will happen before SOM ends in November. If Blizzard allows transfers as soon WotLK begins, they will put the final nail on the SOM coffin.

2 Likes

The problem is SoM is already over when prepatch hits. There is currently only 2 guilds looking to continue at most and likely they will not be able to. There’s sub 50 level 60s even online during the afternoon. Pushing those who are just in the waiting room to Wrath and those who want to continue to reinforce era is the best solution.

Blizzard don’t care about how active it is. You will get to move in November, as SoM is ending and not before. The moving was announced with the words “at end of the cycle”. I can’t be bothered to find the post about it.

No one knows where you will get to move to, not even Blizzard I suspect, but I doubt it will be to a full realm, probably Mograine for PvP and Pyrewood Village or Mirage Raceway for PvE.

Shame you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to post something with no real value but nevertheless, the thread intends to seek a response from Blizzard on those questions or peak conversation about it, while your theories are great they provide nothing of real value to the question at hand.

4 Likes

You will not get a reply from Blizzard on these forums, they never do, you can check that for yourself. The only way to do that would be via a ticket, and you will not get a list of realms or a date from them. I can guarantee that.

You are seeking information Blizzard either don’t have or won’t release, or they would have released it already.

That is one of the most passive/aggressive posts I have seen in a while.

1 Like

They read the forums and all it takes is one view to spark a conversation about it. Having viewed your previous posts it seems you just love to bait, argue and post mildly passive replies on the majority of posts and while you may enjoy that, I don’t intend to divulge in it.

I am quite aware they do not reply but they only need to read it.

Thanks.

1 Like

They may read them but it’s only when someone reports a post, you are mistaking the US forums with the EU ones, and they very rarely post in the TBC or Era forums over there.

If they read it then wouldn’t they have read the previous post by someone else about this?

I can only agree with this, open the transfers already. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My personal guess is they will just merge the realms into the existing Era realms, so for PvE for example, Kingsfall and Quel’Serrar will be added to the three existing realms Nethergarde Keep, Pyrewood Village and Mirage Raceway.

It is just my personal guess, but the reason why I suspect this is that you can already now “see” SoM realm characters when you are on the Era realms - i.e. when sending mails it auto-completes with names from both Era and Som.

1 Like

Could be, but just allowing people from SoM to transfer to where their friends are, ie allowing them to pick a realm, would be the best solution, and by far the easiest to implement because that functionality exists, even if you have to pay like currently.

1 Like

Blizzard stated a month or two ago that at the end of the cycle you could move your characters to Era or Wrath for free, I think like you, that if they aren’t moved then when SoM is ended they will be moved to Era realms by default.

It would be the best way but there are full realms on TBC, so when people are allowed to move off SoM, the realms may be restricted, and I’m pretty sure that won’t be until the last few weeks of SoM.

Pick a realm, level from 60 to 70, get professions in order, gear a bit, allowing Transfer during Pre-Patch IS the best solution to this. - And it’d also be good for SoM players to catch up, with the +50% XP buff anyway.

1 Like

Stating facts, it’s dead even now, people only raid log AT MOST, and all that’ll happen, that once Pre-Patch comes, the last teeny tiny bit if salvaged people, will also be gone.

Have to agree. We are also unable to properly recruit for our guild, we don’t know where to level alts etc… even if it comes after prepatch we need more details, however, it’s in the best interest of all in my opinion if it’s implemented in prepatch.

2 Likes

100% Brother.

Blizzard wrote that they will allow transfers as soon as SOM winds down… and this already happened. They decided to release WotLK while SOM was active and now they are not giving us the free choice to stay in SOM or leave and prepare for WotLK…
I don’t care about a Free transfer, I’d rather to pay the service and have the chance to follow my guild and enjoy the new content. The people interested in SOM can stay and wait the end… just give us the choice!
We have mounts and reputations, we don’t want to waste 1 year of gaming and leave the chars in a dead realm until november…
They knew they were going to kill som by releasing WotLK before november…

3 Likes

EXACTLY my words my man! I would HAPPILY pay for a transfer, and be able to move off SoM right away too! - Let it be to those who want to, and let us move, who wants to do so! :slight_smile: <3

Also, as a side note, exactly correct, when it WINDS DOWN, not when it’s by the 1 year mark!

2 Likes

I have a grazy idea, why not make a new character to the server you want to transfer eventually and keep playing?

Cause we farmed rep and mounts for a year and we want to continue to enjoy our chars.

2 Likes