40 days passed, melee hunter still broken. HELLO BLIZZ THE CLASS IS BROKEN. geez

tl;dr: [Flanking strike] doesn’t reset as it should (from pet’s AA). Here and here are at least two confirmations, besides me.

…And the first dude mentioned it did it 33 days ago (atm of post he said “it was a week”). So what was tried and didn’t help:

• Re-stabling pet. [Nope]
  • Engraving rune on new item. [Nope]
  • Engraving rune with pet on, with pet dismissed, pet stabled. [Nope]
  • Getting new pet [Nope, 3 times]
  • Creating new hunter? [YES I DID IT ON ANOTHER REALM AND IT DIDN’T HELP]

I’ve seen hunters reporting [Flanking strike] working just fine for them. Yet obv there are not only three of us, who have the problem. There’s at least two groups besides:

• Those who got same problem, just don’t post on forum
  • Those who specced into melee huntard, tried it, said “WHEW! What a garbage!” and without further investigation specced back to MM.

Nice pirate server for the price of subscription, blizz. Oh wait, even on private servers they fix such critical bugs FASTER.

Reroll another class , hunter class designers are idots , they dont care about hunter class ,don’t pin your hopes on them.
Hunter class is not a hunter right now , they are now a zero defans, zero mobility basketball class .

Flanking strike resets only from bite or claw. Not pet auto attacks.

Yes the text says “your pet’s basic attacks have a 50% chance to reset” and not “your pet’s auto attacks …”

The text is definitely misleading because if you say basic attacks about anything in classic wow it’s actually auto attacks. But for some reason it’s not like that with just flanking strike.

1 Like

Yep they could call it “pet’s basic attack abilities” and everyone would know it.
But we all know that tooltip text is not really their strength in SoD.

1 Like