40% of people that reply to threads only read the title

I ran a social experiment and created a thread to test how many people actually read the OP instead of ONLY the title, the result? All i can say my friends is that you are wasting precious time writing essays.

Link to study: Today, I finally quit - Community / General Discussion - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

Best wishes,

Huntsbeard

6 Likes

So you fancy yourself as a bit of a forum scientist?

There are also those who put misleading titles or clickbait titles.

12 Likes

Yes, but look how many actually did read it.

1 Like

What do you expect from a classic character and “I quit” thread, people are just tired.

2 Likes

But 60% read the content of the post… So it’s hardly a waste of time writing the post if the majority do actually spend the time to read what you write and for those who just read the title and then comment the rest of us get a good laugh at them so it’s a win/win either way.

1 Like

I juts looked at that picture Puny, so many things shouldn’t work or are wrong.

Connecting a battery to the same rod for instance.

1 Like

60% according to my calculations.

Best wishes,

Huntsbeard

75% of the Australians represent 3/4 of the australian population.

wait…it’s not the topic for silly stats?

1 Like

People need a cathartic outlet for their frustrations, no one cares what is written. Most don’t read what is written, and it doesn’t effect the game. So its like a self therapy for people who have a need for attention for whatever reason.
I think the forums are a bit pointless at this point.

2 Likes

1% farts on 99% of the world population.

2 Likes

Not me, i only read the OPs original OP if it isn’t 20+ paragraphs of text or badly worded formatting. And a majority of threads people on here make are literally that. Blog posts are blog posts.

Feels like i am reading a twitlonger or tumblr personal blog for every new thread that gets made on here. And after sooooo many of those i get sick of it.

1 Like

I just happen to do the math about how many raindrops there are in my city while it is raining - it is exactly 67% of the full city in coverage. 82% of people are also getting wet only the 18% inside are not. 23% in people believe in this study, but 100% of the other 77% claim it to be a fact.

2 Likes

Yeah, but are you posting replies after not reading the OPs? Thats what this thread is talking about, only reading the title and then responding which is silly because you end up in a situation like some silly people who responded to OPs “I quit” thread which was about him quitting fizzy drinks but because they only read the title they made fools of themselves :joy:

" 40% of people that reply to threads only read the title"

I witness this currently within my post. Not sure what’s the point of it tho, how come some person can have an opinion and degrade others without even read or understand the meaning of the post.

Yes, exactly you, lol.

keep it short and precises i say …

if i go to a thread and it is a wall of text… and the subject isn’t great … ain’t no way i will be reading it.

keep it short and to the point people and u will get more in depth replies from me lol.

1 Like

TLDR op? Too much text

No, i however find you bad at knowing i am serious in what i said. Looks like your just here to mock.

1 Like

Thank you for confirming that you are a troll, nice of you.

Hell I don’t even read that much.
I just scroll endlessly through the top 5 threads in GD for any comments I can reply a suitable meme to.

2 Likes

Your name is written also above your comment

1 Like