Free Character Transfers -- 3 March

only difference is that this time they won’t xfer off if they had any sense …

I am trying to transfer my characters over and i am getting

"Error. Please address these issues:

• This character has the request service pending."

Edit. I fixed it if anyone else has the same issue as me. I had faction changed and needed to log into the server before it let me then use the transfer service.

Can I please pay to go from Firemaw to Earthshaker now? :slight_smile:

No, you cannot pay to go to Earthshaker. Now you are locked and instead of enjoying to play Alliance you have to suffer the dying realm. Worst move since letting Firemaw Hordes going to Gehennas.

4 Likes

idk what sense it makes to go mEgA-SeRvEr, legit why would you willingly sabotage what was left of firemaw and prolly alliance for that matter aswell? the decisions made from “blizzard” wotlk team is stunningly short termed and appalling to put it mildly.

so the history was monkey see monkey do with gehennas-ally to firemaw-ally, which left gehennas ally non-existant, and now people wanna reverse it and go horde? short term its good $$$ for the company, but long term its just draining and suffocating the player base till everyones had enough and quit.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to provide a quick update and give everyone a bit of notice that we will be closing down the free character moves from Firemaw to Gehennas this coming Tuesday, March 7th at 4:00 PM CET. If you have characters you’d still like to move, please do so as soon as you are able.

At this same time, we will also be unlocking Firemaw and lifting all transfer restrictions to this realm as we’ve seen a satisfactory number of total players leave to enable us to unlock the realm.

We will be leaving the Gehennas to Firemaw free moves open for a bit longer, but we may also close those down with little notice as well. Gehennas will remain locked for the time being.

Thank you!

4 Likes

99.999% sure one or multiple guys from those try hard guild know someone in blizzard and they harrased him for firemaw gehennas transfers
and that guy went to his superiors like ‘’ guys we can make s*** load of money if we do this ‘’
and the chaos started from there

3 Likes

This whole situation is just sad.

In TBC lots of alliance guilds moved from Mograine to Firemaw as the faction imbalance slowly became a problem. Slowly but surely our guild (maximum effort) was forced to move as well as there were almost no alliance left.

The same thing is happening now… Blizzard is making such poor choices for the community. There are already a couple top guilds moving to Gehennas (not to stay alliance, but of course to go Horde) so what you will have left is:

• Gehennas, most likely with queue with an insane faction imbalance (almost all horde)
  • Firemaw, with now a weakened alliance player base where the player base will probably slowly diminish over time.

I remember when Blizzard announced Wotlk one of their top priorities was making sure faction imbalance was going to be fixed. Well that was a lie. It’s a joke how poorly this is being managed.

If they truly cared about fixing the faction imbalance they would remove racials from competitive play and have the server cap of players be higher.

These days most competitive and semi-hardcore players simply wanna be on the same server so I understand this is not easy for blizzard to fix.

However what they are doing here is making everything worse. There was quite a ‘healthy’ population on gehennas / firemaw (apart from the fact its only ally and only horde).

11 Likes

They decimated Firemaw and exploited the wow players Fomo.

They will now enable transfers which I don’t know if anyone will take because Firemaw took such a large hit.

I don’t trust blizzard to ever make a good decision on this topic.

They have let the brain drain happen and Firemaw has lost many guilds and basically every high level pug.

Probably best if you jump now.

3 Likes

Never have I thought in these 5 months of waiting that Firemaw would unlock before Earthshaker… Blizzard doing the impossible and unnecessary happen. I have to laugh at this just to keep myself from crying :slight_smile:

1 Like

now the migration from Earthshake to Firemaw can start …

Salty firemaw discord admin because the gdkp’s wont pay you gold to get advertised on your channel?

You guys cucked firemaw so hard multiple times now, it’s unreal.

1 Like

thekal will.

No, just see the server I’ve been on since day one getting totally destroyed again by awful blizzard policy. But you do you champ.

Greed is the right word

2 Likes

You guys killed Firemaw Horde in 2 days because of the free transfer loophole.

With this weird decision you just killed Firemaw Alliance over the weekend. And probably broke Gehennas while doing it.

All foreseeable consequences that you’d have understood if you took a minute to speak to the the communities involved.

3 Likes

Congratulations on the cash injection for the first quarter of the year, got to keep those shareholders happy, with the added bonus of paid transfers to firemaw for any desperate alliance charcter stuck on a dead server, I truly hope you reach that target for Bobbys new yacht.

1 Like

I have 5 children and 2 wives, am I unable to transfer in 24 hours. Anyway you can delay it futher?

So much for friendship, sense of community and all that social stuff. Turns out none of that matters if you can have better DPS. Such is a quality of the community.