Season 2 Updates and Reminders

Greetings all!

As we prepare for the launch of Embers of Neltharion, we want to bring attention to a few upcoming Season 2 updates so that players can best prepare for all of the new content.

M+ Keystones

At the beginning of Season 2 (May 9 in this region), Keystones will drop 9 levels in addition to any normal weekly reduction that may have occurred. Here’s what that might look like:

• Example 1: You completed a +15 the week of May 2-9, but didn’t time it. The resulting key would normally drop by 1 level, because your highest key wasn’t timed (15->14). It will then drop an additional 9 levels due to the season rollover decay (14->5).
  • Example 2: You timed a +15 the week of May 2-9. The resulting key would normally be level 15, because you had timed the 15 last week. But would then drop the additional 9 levels due to season rollover decay (15->6).

Revival Catalyst

When the Catalyst opens the week of June 13, all players will receive a charge for every one of their characters. These will function the same as they always have - if your Main spends a few to convert items early in the season, it doesn’t impact your alt (or any alt characters you may make in the future).

Unlike in Shadowlands Season 3, there will be no cost associated beyond the charge spent. No Cosmic Flux, no Dragon Isles Supplies, no Apexis Crystals - if you’ve done the work of obtaining a convertible item, that’s enough.

We’re also working to make it possible for players to convert Season 1 items for transmog purposes. This functionality, however, will be disabled for a few weeks as the Catalyst will be unavailable for a time, starting when Season 1 ends. Our goal is that players who are trying to use Season 1-level gear to get their Season 1 transmog set will only need an appropriate piece to convert. The cost will be free and players would not need to accumulate any kind of charges.

Great Vault

Going forward, for raid slots, killing a boss will now give you a chance at all of the previous bosses’ loot. For example, if you’re invited to a kill on Sarkareth, you’ll be 1/9 towards vault progress for that week. However, you’ll now have the loot from the entire raid in your vault pool for the raid slots. This change will go into effect with the first week of the Aberrus raid in Season 2.

Thanks again for your continued input, and please leave any feedback you have regarding these updates below. We are very excited for everyone to experience Embers of Neltharion next week!

6 Likes

Good Change on Progress and vault. Also removal of catalyst quest is a big thing, so you can skip one or more weeks without any problems.

good decisions in the right direction, we need more fundamental changes to make end-game a better experience but if we’re talking about these, i’m not a big fan of the idea of doing 8 dungeons per char. every week to get good loot. with the average of 30mins per dungeon(which is way more if you include the finding a group process) it means 720mins=12 hours of m+ for 3 chars. feels too much
this is obv. my personal opinion*

1 Like

How do you plan to make LFR-level gear avalable? Mythic+ won’t be a thing for that level, and LFR itself will likely be dead, and even if it wasn’t, it’s not a viable way to collect gear. For example, only a single piece of leather gloves exist in the entire raid, and everybody would compete for that.

Do you have any plans to address the problem where the best item to convert is low item level? The reason for this being that you get to upgrade it until you get 3 transmogs instead of just 1.

Easiest way to solve this, and the problem mentioned in the post above mine, is to simply unlock all difficulties at OR BELOW the version I got. It’s pretty silly to send item level 420 players into LFR anyway.

1 Like

I’m sure they have a plan. They recognised in a previous post that LFR Appearances was harder to obtain than they wanted.

To me the most suitable solution would be to allow us to convert Rank 1 Primal Gear to unlock the appearances. Currently they’re not convertible.

Good proposal.

1 Like

Fantastic change

1 Like

Catalyst sont rxist for 7 weeks??.

Seems alittle extreme.

-players complain that catalyst is late
-devs agree that classes feels dog to play without set
-its late again

talking to a wall

2 Likes

because devs know raiding is crap and the majority doesnt like it. to rectifiy wasting tons of time on making raids they have to force a lot of people into the raid to boost numbers.

if wow was in a better state they would not even give you the catalyst at all.

the decision makers in this game are quite crap

Well it helps the queues that way I guess?

Gonna be level with you: I don’t care. If LFR can’t stand on its own two feet without pulling in players with no interest in it then it deserves to die.

That would be 10th May for EU :wink:

I appreciate that I have to find out that I’ll loose all 8 of my tokens because I don’t read the forums everyday. All that transmog items lost. We’ve always been able to use old token for old gear. Sh!t like this really makes me hate this game.

You guys dropped the ball with removing the catalyst from this week. It is the least to reduce the s2 catalyst to like 3-4 weeks in return. In fact s4 of shadowlands was the best season by far in recent years and we had the catalyst on day 1. There is no reason we have to wait 6 weeks for it.

so in spite of having catalyst charges, we are going to be unable to use them for weeks?

They reduce time to release, so its something atleast

I’m also salty about the Catalyst. I’m on the year sub so I’ve paid upfront, yet I’m dealing with player retention systems which are really stale. Come on Blizz.

its because Ion doesnt do m+ and wants to feel better than other pve players with his raiding