Classic Era PvP Rank Reset Coming with Patch 1.14.4

Greetings,

We are preparing for a new 1.14.4 patch for WoW Classic Era to support WoW Classic Hardcore realms. In addition to official Hardcore realms, this patch will also include a large update to the vanilla PvP honor system for all Classic Era realms.

This patch will completely reset all current honor system ranking progress on all Classic Era realms when it’s released.

While we do not have a specific date to share yet for when the patch will be released, we want you to know that it will likely arrive in the next 8-12 weeks. If you’re in the middle of ranking in WoW Classic Era, you may want to take that timeframe into account before continuing. If you’re about to start ranking a character, you may not have enough time to hit Rank 14 before the patch arrives and your progress is lost.

Please know that we do not take something like a PvP ranking progress reset lightly. The updates we’re making to the Classic Era version of the game are required for the long-term health of that version of the game.

We look forward to providing more information on this when we open the Classic Era patch 1.14.4 PTR sometime in the next several weeks.

Thank you.

10 Likes

First
Here we go 1.14.4 hype

2 Likes

I cant imagine what you have in store for the PVP-system, while being flawed it’s an iconic paer of Vanilla WoW.

If youre gonna do changes please implement an annual Scourge-event on Era servers, occur around September/November each year. They drop limited supplies and feels like an annual event already.

4 Likes

Sounds like existing realms get also hc options?

Please confirm SSF for hc mode/realms… :slight_smile:

1 Like

We are preparing for a new 1.14.4 patch for WoW Classic Era to support WoW Classic Hardcore realms. In addition to official Hardcore realms…

If the HC is suppose to stay on HW, then blizzard give us RP player a new server and free transfer to RP server…

Blizzard going down the same drainhole again… Private server are gonna bloom again

1 Like

Hopefully they don’t turn ranking into something trivial like “everyone gets R14”. But hopefully it’s just fixing Era ranking (because its currently set to SoM) since the SoM servers are finished now.

1 Like

I think the hardcore server will be a separate thing and HW will go back to being an RP server properly.

1 Like

Fresh when

Can you explain me the differences? thanks in advance

Hardcore in the summer will be fresh.
The new season at the end of the year will be fresh.
No other fresh has been announced. I don’t think we need it this year.

please don’t add systems from future expansions into vanilla.

I don’t mind tweaks to vanilla systems, but straight up backporting stuff from future expansions like the TBC PvP points system would be a quit moment for me.

vanilla is vanilla. TBC is TBC etc…

2 Likes

You try reading once again.
We are preparing for a new 1.14.4 patch for WoW Classic Era to support WoW Classic Hardcore realms.

Then full stop - new meaning:

In addition to official Hardcore realms, this patch will also include a large update to the vanilla PvP honor system for all Classic Era realms.

Last sentence In addition to means not that Blizz is adding HC realms in addition to existing HC realms. But that in addition to do A: adding HC realms. Blizz also do B: [something with PvP and Honour].

This make me happy: realms = Plural = More than one HC realm to be added! Yay!!

Ranking Point (RP) gain is doubled (so is decay), so you can progress through PvP ranks twice as fast since the new SoM patch

1 Like

Hopefully this isn’t a major update to the current pvp system.

I’m fine with removing the current SOM ranking that’s active. Or removing the possibility of pool boosting with level 1s.

Just remember this:
There are a bunch of reasons why people are re-joining classic era. They want to re-live their teens /the experience they had. They want to get the BIS gear they didn’t. They want to PLAY VANILLA as it was/is.
Doing anything major to wow classic era is catastrophic. It’s an iconic game and should never be tampered with.

You could do whatever with the pvp brackets, AS LONG AS:
It takes a long time to get to R14. And if you want to stop people playing 18 hour days: just shorten it to a max cap you have to reach, 2 hours a day or something. But it still takes 12 weeks to get. Or something… Meaning you’ll rank slowly. And what matters is that “you started before” the people ranking after you.

Free epics for everyone through easier pvp would ruin the whole gameplay. We WANT there to be only a few mounts that we can get to “stand out”. We WANT the long leveling grind. We WANT to do the dungeons, get blue pre raid BIS gear, before getting raid gear. I kindly ask you to NOT make it easier (or at least faster) for everyone. Let classic era be classic era.

PS: That goes for any kind of wow classic era expansion if it ever comes. My character is going to FOREVER stay in wow classic era, level 60. If that changes, it’s all ruined. I won’t set foot in any wow ever again if this is changed.

BR

3 Likes

yeah if the fundamentally change vanilla that’s a quit moment for me.

1 Like

OK, as u can see im rank 13 ^^ does this mean my rank will be gone… so my gear wont be usuable anymore? So in other words my char progress thrown to trash can it equals as much as deleting my char progression without asking if it is so. Also how will you secure the rewards of the ppl that have ranked after the patch. Also what change is that :D? Coz all i have read more or less is “we delete your character progression”. May we know any hints or details about what is next for ppl that wanna gear up from pvp :D?

I hope/believe that they’re not gonna delete gear or what rank you’ve gotten earlier. That would just be insane… If you can reach R14 before the patch comes you’ll probably keep the gear etc. But if you can’t, yeah, you’ll probably reset to 1?

2 Likes

that would be extremly stupid by blizzard to do that in special on era with characters that ranked in 2019/20.
but I guess with the recent token news on the WOTLK side of things everything seems to be on the table now.
Gotta wait and see, and if it’s legit bad well gotta do what you gotta do.

1 Like